Indifference for the 2013 season

Between having a new baby, work, and getting my hockey site up and running I've really spent little time thinking about the Tiger-Cats this off season.

The indifference scares me.

I WANT to be excited and WANT to care... but I can't force it. It's just not there. I really hope that that changes once the season starts.

Anyone else feeling this?

Yep. But it is just February. I am in hockey/nfl draft mode. I am a junky for the NFL off season stuff so that kind of over shadows CFL off season for me. But I definitely have been keeping tabs on the CFL off season, just not excited about the upcoming season yet.

I'll start to get the CFL football itch as soon as the nice weather hits and I am on Summer holidays from school. Usually right after the NFL draft I turn my full attention to the CFL until NFL TCs open.

Are you in the medical books yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm excited to see the Cats possibly win the GC in any season and wherever they play but yes, right now I'm more or less watching hockey and watching some golf in terms of sports, and maybe some CIS and NCAA basketball come March/April and some baseball as well come the regular season. Football not much on the radar right now. My favourite time is when CFL camps open though and then I start getting revved up for football again.

I'd like to try and get into some MLS at some point if I can.

Wait until June rolls around. Seeing the training camp highlights and all the pre-season discussion will suck you right back in.

with every off season comes optimisum and i cant wait to see again again again if my hopes are right

Same here. I wouldn’t be watching this board if I was indifferent.

I’m also following baseball spring training with interest, and looking forward to some excitement from the Blue Jays this season.

All's I gotta say is, Rider fans travel for hours on end to see their team lose and we have a one hour drive, tops to Guelph for one season. Come on guys, Tigertown is just as fanatical, if not more so then Riderville.

I take it you don’t have kids…

I really wish that were the case, but the fact of the matter is it is not.

Are you basing that statement on all the apathy, empty seats, lack of cheering on defence, whining about driving to Guelph, or the fact that they are having issues selling season tickets?

All of that says to me that despite the reputation Hamilton has for die hard fanatical fans it just isn’t the case anymore.

I have to agree with brad albeit the Cats do have some die hard fans just not as many as what the Riders have for whatever reasons.

Earl, absolutely agree they do have die hard fans, and a lot of them, and don't mean to suggest otherwise.

I agree im not as optimistic about the Ticats possible success anymore, I think there are major permanent issues moving forward that will be a massive obstacle to the Ticats ever being more then a niche product.

That being said - if the stadium is built an is absolutely packed with a great product, then who knows what can happen if the city wants to get behind them again.

The schedule should be out this week :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

#CFL Commissioner Mark Cohon just confirmed in a media scrum that the 2013 schedule will be released next week. #CFLCongress13

https://twitter.com/CFL_PR/status/306872710842167296

I'm not feeling indifferent at all. I love those Cats, those Tiger-Cats lol

No Indifference here, I just started my off season work out regime, drinking a couple of pops to get ready for the season :lol:

I can't wait :rockin:

Beers this aft do have me thinking of the upcoming season I must say.

That’s right, or I would be in the medical books as well. Being a ‘doctor’ is probably why you knew this, right? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am looking forward to the season, and will attend some gamesin Guelph. But -unlike the past two seasons when I was pumped about all changes and signings - I am reserving judgement for the 2013 team until they show a winning style on the field.

For me it’s a 6 hour drive, a hotel stay, gas money, and food…

I do this at least once a year.

Last year it was the Calgary game in the rain where the wheels started falling off.