incredible

When at grey cup Iwas truly amazedto see agroup of argo fans at earl's ,a local watering hole across the praires that was filled with fans from across canada drinking beer and watching Ohio state win. And what were these fine ARGO fans doing you ask? They were conducting a beaujoulais tasting.Grey cup weekend drinking wine.Incredible.

Yeah but the wine bottles had screw-on caps. :roll:

An Argo fan

Please... tell us more... were they also eating [GASP!] Brie??? :wink:

Now to try to be fair here, if I had been there, I might have been drinking wine too (I'm allergic to beer)... but I would NOT have been eating brie!!! :twisted: :stuck_out_tongue: :lol: :lol:

And what part do you find incredible?

Ther is aworld of difference between drinking champers out of earl grey's mug and an organized taste test complete with riddel stemware.

As a mead maker, I have to give my 2 cents.

Even the crap wines are made to be savoured. Wines are best appreciated with their aroma, which is why wine glasses are filled only a tiny bit, so that you can stick your nose in and get your fill of the scent. Their taste is to be held on the tongue and bathe it, so that all of your taste buds can report on what's there.

Beers, on the other hand, ARE MEANT TO BE TASTED THE SAME WAY!!!! Lately, I've been going out of my way to sample beers that have taste differences. I'm no where ready for beer judging, but I'm learning.

Here's the question.... did they spit into the spitoon, or swallow the wine?