Inciting the crowd

What techniques do they use at your home stadium to incite the crowd to make a lot of noise?

I know that in Montreal they have that annoying voice yell: "1-2-3!!! Make some nooo-oooise! 1-2-3!!! Make some nooo-oooise!" over and over again. Boy thats the worst.

Touchdown!!! BC LIONS!!!

Makes the place go nuts everytime!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry couldn’t resist!

I meant on defence.

Well they have a few in Toronto, the most effective one is when it puts a "sound-meter" on the Jumbotron and everyone in the stadium yells and makes a lot of noise. It works really well but they only do it once or twice a game.

I went to a game at olympic stadium and they had the really annoying 1-2-3 makes some noise as mentioned above, but they also had fake crowd noise on he speakers and it sounded awful.

Ouch.

In Toronto they also have an animation with a HUGE guy standing in the middle of a stadium waving his hands in an upward motion. Accompanied by some swooshing sound effects. That one works pretty well too, I think.

I dont recall the stadium announcer ever saying anything to get the fans to make noise when the visitors have the ball in Mosaic Stadium. They do have some animations on the big screen that they use.

.....one would never guess a gopher could incite so much cheering in a crowd.....guess Rider fans just know what they're doing..... :wink:

did u make it out to any games this season, jm02?

Sure did....Sept. 24 vs. BC.....what a game, too!

nice...was that the overtime game?

You mean the one where Buono tried to be a smartass and kick for the single??

Got that right..... :lol:

I know it's not Football, but.....Back home in N.Y. you really didn't have to say anything to a Nassau Coliseum crowd except one thing!........"And here's the starting lineup for the N.Y. Rangers"! Sure to see some veins popping out with that statement. :stuck_out_tongue:

Torontoismyhome, in Montreal, they use the boring “Make some noise” because our crowd doesn’t understand squat about its role.

In Molson Percival, is is not so bad, but when in Olympic Stadium, there are about 20 000 fairweather fans who cheer even louder when our own offence is on the field. They don’t understand noise makes an additional difficulty for the offence.

Occasionally, you will even see some half-drunk moron get up while our offence is on the field and start a speech for his whole section telling people they are not real fans because “the boys need encouragements”. :roll:

The team should leave its back-up rush ends in the stands to tackle these freakin’ morons…

That being said, I think the stupidest cheer chant is Toronto's Aaaaaaaaaaar-gooooooos.

Boring tone. Sounds like a ferry arriving to some southern poor village. Can't understand why that is supposed to cheer up the crowd.

Occasionally, you will even see some half-drunk moron get up while our offence is on the field and start a speech for his whole section telling people they are not real fans because "the boys need encouragements". Rolling Eyes
LMAO! So funny!

There was one diehard like that at an Argo game I went to. He was a passionate fan and was yelling at the refs a lot, etc. But everytime the Argos were on offence he would yell “Come on! Everybody blow your Argo horns!” Luckily the other fans were smarter than that.

People don't chant that at Argo games. The closest thing to it is a recording of a horn being blown to the AAAAARRR-GGOOOOSSSS tune.

Actually, its not "1-2-3, Make some nooiiiiiiise!" in Montréal, but "Faites le bruit!" which is the French equivalent of "Make some noise!" A trip to Percival-Molson this past August shed light on that one.

actually its both

Without the 1-2-3...

...so roughly speaking it's '1-2-3 Passez le Gaz'.....