In the White Room by the Cream

Curious who is responsible for playing "In the White Room " by the Cream at the end of every game for the past 2 - 3 years.
Great song by the legendary band the Cream written in 1967 and released in 1968. My question why is that particular song played at the end of each home game?

Was it Mike Young's favourite song?
Is it Bob Young's favourite song?
Or, Scott Mitchell's favourite song?
Or, the favourite song of whoever chooses the in-stadium music?

They're the only four reasons I can think of and only #1, to me, would be an acceptable reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdyJ7254c-g

I personally think this song with video included would be ideal for a Cat Game......ELP....Tiger in the Spotlight
PURRRRRRR-FECT Tune for our CATS!!!!!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :rockin:

Been wondering about that musical choice, too, but ... I absolutely love hearing White Room at the end of every game. It's sound and mood seem appropriate to both wins and losses.

It's usually followed by the Tiger-Cat Fight Song. Always happy to hear that, too. Could be played at half-time as a well as at the end of games.

The Arkells song has grown on me, and it's optimistic tone is great for pre-game.

No doubt we'll have new selections next year, but these songs have worked really well for me.

I think the only reason they may play "White Room" by Cream (it is a great song BTW), is because of the lyrics; "Yellow tigers crouch in jungles in your dark eyes" (or something similar, my memory may not be the best).

One verse does say " Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her dark eyes"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwQYSdxJ7ug

Being an old guy, and yes I do remember the sixties, but because I was so young (at the time) I don’t have drug fuelled memory loss :wink: . The band made up by Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce and Eric Clapton was called Cream, not the Cream and the song was White Room not In the White Room. :roll:

MIkefromthehammer, Thanks for the responce, however I wasn't looking to be corrected regarding the name. Why do you think the song is played after every home game including the gracious old lady IWS. And by the way, I remember the band quite well even after experimenting with the pharmasuticals of the day. Cheers.............

As an avid Entourage viewer, I've got a one word explanation for why they must use it.... VICTORY! Johnny Drama's Viking Quest Call- VICTORY!! - YouTube

Seriously Man … now we’re just splitting hairs. You know so much about the band, why didn’t you pick up on the lyrical connection?

Seriously Man…probably because lyrics are not the same as song titles? :wink:

No worries Wildcats. I wasn’t trying to correct you specifically, rather I was more trying to educate the younger generation who unfortunately were unable to experience the classics first hand.

:thup:

Perhaps it’s a line in the lyrics?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her dark eyes.
Might be grasping at straws though ...

It’s also played after wins at Keyspan Park for the Brooklyn Cyclones & at Tropicana Field for the Tampa Bay Rays.