In memory of Leif

Should the Ti-cats organization do something in memeory of Leif?

Leif was an exciting player and a fine announcer. He will definitely be missed.
It seems like such a waste when a young man like this, (57 years) is lost to us.

Profound sympathies to his family as we grieve this terrible loss together.

A moments silence before Thursday's game ought to do it.

Leif was a good TiCat but once he switched to the broadcast booth seemed to have a slight "disfavour" toward the black and gold.

I don't think we should do anything significant for him. May he rest in peace.

Agreed.

agreed 100%. He was a good football player and broadcaster but seemed very anti hamilton in the booth. Moment of silence for leif and may he rest in peace.

very anti Hamilton.

but he did play tough as a Ticat... and had a severe fracas with a Sask. player who did a Tyson on him...

gbhim

So because he was honest about the Ticats and their poor performances and maintained his integrity as an announcer, we should not recognize him as a player for the Ticats.

He was like that BEFORE we got to this point. Did we recognize everyone of our former players who passed away? No.

I think you are confusing Leif with Gord Patterson who was ko'd by Bobby Hosea in the late 70's or early 80's.

A moment of silence perhaps ... his funeral is Tuesday ... RIP

I'm sure the TiCats will have a high light reel of Liefs' carreer in the CFL before the game followed by a moment silence.

Are we a group of fans so thin skinned that we can't take a little constructive critism from a commentator trying to be neutral or telling it as it is?

I prefer a minute of silence and a permanent sign.

I'd consider it a privilege to stand up for a moment of silence to honor him next week.

An Argo-Cat fan

A moment of silence is suffice...
why a permanent sign?

I'd say a moment silence is appropriate as well.

I don't see a decal or anything in memory of Jamacia on the uniform and he was a current ticat player so I would be surprised to see one for Leif.

Wow, didn't realize that. There should certainly be a helmet decal for Jamacia.

Wow, didn't realize that. There should certainly be a helmet decal for Jamacia.

I don’t know if it should be a decal, or a patch, or a sign. Something should be done for a guy I certainly remember as a fine player who always played hard as a Ticat (and a Green Rider before that. Overall, I think that a moment of silence is sufficient and appropriate.

I never found him anti-Hamilton at all, just honest. Integrity in broadcast staff is a good thing, though rare.

All sympathies to his family.

I have no problem with doing something for Jamacia too. But if we do that, on the basis that he died as a Ticat, then it should be the same thing for Travis Claridge, and especially for Tom Pate, who died as a result of an injury during a game he played for us in Calgary in October 1975. I know the CFL has an award named for him, but what have the Ticats done to honour his memory? His entire one-year CFL career was in a Hamilton uniform. I know many fans will not remember him—he was a journeyman linebacker who played part of one season. But he played more games for us than either Travis or Jamacia. If anyone deserves an honour from the team, surely in these circumstances it is him. The fact it occurred a long time ago does not diminish at all the poignancy of this tragic event in comparison with more recent ones.

I should also say that I would not want to see our uniform become an ongoing obituary notice for all of these players; there’s a point at which it would become overly maudlin, trivializing the act rather than making it more special. How do you decide which players to memorialize, and where do you draw the line? If we do decide to go in for memorializing deceased players on uniforms or in the stadium, I’d start with Tom Pate, given the cause of his death. For the others, I really think a moment of silence is the most appropriate tribute.

Only Bernie Faloney has received the ultimate honour, the retirement of his number, and even that, as I understand it, is unofficial. I for one cannot quibble with that decision.

I don't know if it should be a decal, or a patch, or a sign. Something should be done for a guy I certainly remember as a fine player who always played hard as a Ticat (and a Green Rider before that. Overall, I think that a moment of silence is sufficient and appropriate.

I never found him anti-Hamilton at all, just honest. Integrity in broadcast staff is a good thing, though rare.

All sympathies to his family.

I have no problem with doing something for Jamacia too. But if we do that, on the basis that he died as a Ticat, then it should be the same thing for Travis Claridge, and especially for Tom Pate, who died as a result of an injury during a game he played for us in Calgary in October 1975. I know the CFL has an award named for him, but what have the Ticats done to honour his memory? His entire one-year CFL career was in a Hamilton uniform. I know many fans will not remember him—he was a journeyman linebacker who played part of one season. But he played more games for us than either Travis or Jamacia. If anyone deserves an honour from the team, surely in these circumstances it is him. The fact it occurred a long time ago does not diminish at all the poignancy of this tragic event in comparison with more recent ones.

I should also say that I would not want to see our uniform become an ongoing obituary notice for all of these players; there’s a point at which it would become overly maudlin, trivializing the act rather than making it more special. How do you decide which players to memorialize, and where do you draw the line? If we do decide to go in for memorializing deceased players on uniforms or in the stadium, I’d start with Tom Pate, given the cause of his death. For the others, I really think a moment of silence is the most appropriate tribute.

Only Bernie Faloney has received the ultimate honour, the retirement of his number, and even that, as I understand it, is unofficial. I for one cannot quibble with that decision.

The team did wear 57 on their helmet in memory of Travis,but I haven't seen anything for Jamacia except for a t-shirt with a 6 on it that was worn at Training camp by a few people.

I was wondering what the 6 on the back of the shirts was for. Now it makes sense.