IMPORTS AND NON IMPORTS.......

WHY ARE IS THERE A DIFFERENCE IN THE DRAFT I READ NO MATTER WHAT THERE MUST BE 20 CANADIANS ON EACH ROSTER OF EVERY TEAM?I DONT GET IT SHOULDNT IT BE THE BEST PLAYER REGARDLESS OF COUNTRY OF ORIGIN?I THINK THAT HOD BACK COMPETTION SO PLEASE EXPAIN WHY THERES A ROSTER IMIT TO AMERICAN PLAYERS AND IS THERE ANOTHER DRAFT FOR AMERICAN BORN PLAYERS?

I THINK YOU NEED TO LEARN ABOUT CAPITALIZATION AND PUNCTUATION.

Really dude, calm down.....

ya, please do learn to spell.

NFL rosters are best players? NO.

NFL rosters are often Cuts due to $$.
NFL Europe has a Import rule, Teams play a non-American specificly on Every Down.
the AHL has a Veteran Rule

Fact is Alot of Canadian players are better then the American players but they are Raw. They need the chance to get onto the Roster and develop.

But who cares, you can't spell, you have a cap locks issue, you seem to have little knowledge about the CFL yet you insult it. please be quiet.(Sandusky)

Almost makes ya wonder if this "Almond Joy" is a by-product of the CFL/Argo bashings of one Argos_Bills. :roll:

Is this Kanga in disguise.

Why doesn't the NFL get punt returners who are not afraid to get tackled so they would not have to use the fair catch?

Why does the NFL pick players who are not good enough to get a first down on only 3 plays?

Why are the QBs not smart enough to throw the ball over the goal post so they would not have move it back?

Why doesn't the NFL get players who are fit enough to play on a real field and so they would not have to use the junior sized field?

Why cant they get players who can decide on a play in a respectable 20 limit instead of 40?

Why cant you use punctuation and stop yelling?

The answer to these and your question is the same!
Answer!
Because that is the way it is!

So true ro, so true.

How come a player can drop 20-30M$ in salary worth in 1-2 hours in the off-season? Not due to age or injuries either.

How come NFL teams carry players on their rosters for years that can't even cut it as a Backup in the CFL?

Why answer your question is another story? But in the CFL your team is only as good as your Canadian player content.

WELL LIKE I SAID IF THE CANADIAN COLLEGE PLAYERS WERE BETTER DONT YOU THINK THEY WOULD BE IN THE NF MAKING MORE MONEY?WE DONT LIMIT OUR ROSTERS TO HAF OF THEM BEING AMERICAN THAT WOULD BE DUMB I THINK IF YOU REMOVED THE ROSTER LIMIT THE PERCENTAGE OF CIS PLAYERS IN THE CF WOULD DROP ALOT BECAUSE THE SKILLED POSITIONS WHICH YOU CLAIM TO HAVE SO MUCH SPEED WOUD BE DOMINATED BY AMERICANS TO BE HONEST THE SKILLED PLAYERS ARE 10 TIMES GREATER

CAP LOCKS! TURN THEM OFF!
USE GRAMMAR!

YOU DONT NEED MAKE RUN ON BAD SENTENCES LIKE SO YOU CAN ADD IN PUNCTUATION AND SUCH IS THIS NOT HARD AND ANNOYING TO READ YES IT IS YOU DONT LIKE WHY WOULD OTHERS IF YOU THINK THIS SOUNDS DUMB READ YOUR POSTS SUNDUSKY

Check NFL rosters, you will see there is actually a decent amount of Canadians in the NFL.
15 in 2006(going by TSN)
1 FS
2 P
2 K
1 LS
4 OL
1 TE
2 DL
1 WR

That doesn't include players who were in camps, Lumbsden being one of them. Possibly Palmer(or was he with MTL all last year?)

It seems some Canadians are good enough for the NFL, and likely part of that is caused because of the CFL if it wasn't for NI's in the CFL, Canadian football wouldn't grow.
Also why would Canadians want to watch teams of pure Imports?

Why would the CFL want to become the NFL? The NFL is.. BORING!!!
which is why the US loves it, it goes fast enough for them to understand. Like Baseball.

This is probably true, but then it wouldn't be the CFL, it would just be another football league.

Sandusky, if your point is that the CFL should be all Canadians, I suggest you look at the other major sports in North America, and you will find that players from Europe and elsewhere are playing in those leagues. the NBA has Italian, Croatian, Serbian players in the league. There is even a few Canadians(MVP Steve Nash most notably), and one Chinese national. You go to MLB and there are Canadians and Japanese players there as well. The NHL has tons of Europeans to go along with the Canadians and Americans playing in the league. They look for the best talent wherever they find it. The NFL and CFL are no different. We dont produce enough talent bad or otherwise , to fill out rosters of 46 players and guys to go on the practice rosters. That means you need 400 or more players, and that means we need to look south to find players to play. It gives Americans who dont make NFL rosters a place to continue their football dream, doesnt mean they arent good enough, in a lot of cases its just numbers, or other factors.
Even in one case it was racism that caused a player to come to Canada and establish himself as one of our greatest QBs ever before he got his shot in the NFL. If not for the CFL Warren Moon might have given up on his football dream. We have a great league up here, and you should just take it for what it is-- exciting football with a Canadian twist.

Barnes you make a very good point. The NFL is a lot slower. with there four downs they run the ball for atleast on first and second down, then they use there running QBs on the third. There are not too many pure passers in the NFL. I especially like your analyzes about the NFL going slow enough for them to understand, like baseball, haha, that is good.

Don't knock the American or Canadian games. They're different, just watch what you like and don't bash the other one. To each his own!

"junior sized field"

ROFL

Anyway, good answer Sambo42.

As has been said elsewhere in this forum, both the CFL and NFL are great games. They're just different. Canadians do want to see Canucks play, but teams do need to flesh our their rosters. Besides, most of the imported players are fine young men who often stay in the community after their football career is over and contribute to both the Canadian game and society in general. The CFL is lucky to have them. At the same time, great Canadian players can live their dream too, and play the game they love.

Thank you for your level headed comments rpaege,

For some reason many young Canadians don’t understand
as well as you that a big reason for non-import quotas is

so ‘great Canadian players can live their dream, too,
and play the game they love’ at the pro level.

Also, the level of coaching and competition in Canada
still isn’t on a par with many college programs in the U.S.

so alloting roster spots for Canadian trained players to develop
while playing on special teams is the right thing to do.

But who cares, you can't spell, you have a cap locks issue, you seem to have little knowledge about the CFL yet you insult it. please be quiet.(Sandusky)
I couldn't have said it better! :lol:

The non-import quota is used to promote football in this great country. It's used to give hopes to all those young football player's who dream of playing for their hometown 5, 10, 15 years down the line. Yes I agree some of the American players are more talented, but I don't think it makes the game any less exciting having homegrown Canadian kids in there.

As far as the comparisons between the NFL and CFL go. They are two distinct leagues. The NFL with their size and financial situation attract the better skilled players and is, imo, a great game to watch. However the CFL, with it's open-field, 20 second play-clock, and pass-happy playbook is also very exciting. I watch both leagues because I love football.

Good answer roughyfan!

Hey jm02, can you take sanduskyguy to the detention room, and help his grammar along?

No. Next question?