Imagine....

Imagine this....

Hamilton Spectator October 21, 2028

Sports Update

The sporting scene in most major centers in Canada is either winding down or ramping up depending if you are a soccer fan or a hockey fan.
The Canadian Soccer League final is at Ivor Wynne Stadium this weekend pitting the Edmonton Rovers against the Montreal Habitants for the beloved Grey Cup. The post game award presentations will be held at the Canadian Soccer Hall Of Fame in downtown Hamilton which in fact still houses a small exhibit of CFL relics.
Many older fans will remember when this trophy was the award for the top team in the long defunct Canadian Football League which was demoted to a B league when the NFL moved a team in to Toronto and the league collapsed a few years later. The Toronto Bills are part way in to their 15th season and it looks like a repeat of the past years play and should be another losing season for the long suffering Bills fans.
In other sports related news McMahon Stadium has now been completely demolished and the property taken over by the University of Calgary. The stadium has sat vacant for a number of years now and was one of the last open air stadiums in the country. In fact Ivor Wynne and BC Place are the only arenas left where the CFL held reign over the summer sporting community in Canada for most of the last century into the early part of this century.

I really don't care or believe what billionaire Ted Rogers says behind that smirk, if the NFL moves to Toronto the Argos are dead. The Argos organization cannot exist on an empty stadium. The CFL cannot exist without 8 teams and corporate support and most of that will disappear. No owner in his right mind would want to move the Argos to Ottawa knowing full what the consequences would be as far as revenue is concerned, or mainly the lack of it. Also down the road I would suspect there will be a move for an Alberta team in the NFL. I would NEVER want to see any of this happen however MONEY TALKS.

And the mega rich just keep getting mega richer.

I've heard a rumour though that CIS officials are ectastic as if the CFL dies, then their teams will be allowed to compete for Earl Grey's mug which is for the Amateur Rugby Football Champions of Canada as it indicates such on the hallowed chalice. :wink:

Imagine if the mods mereged all NFL/Tor. into ONE thread.What a wonderfull world it would be.

[quote="Baldy"]Imagine this....

Hamilton Spectator October 21, 2028

Sports Update

The Canadian Soccer League final is at Ivor Wynne Stadium this weekend pitting the Edmonton Rovers against the Montreal Habitants for the beloved Grey Cup.

You mean Hamilton isn't in the Grey Cup game in which they are hosting? Dagnabbit!!! I'm not renewing my seasons tickets.