I'm starting to believe Jesse is soft

This why he'll Never be an NFL Back
He is to Bridle
I would not use the the word Soft.
Cause He Plays hard when he in there..
Seem Every time He plays Now he gets Hurt.
He needs to change his Running Style
so He don't get Hurt. He Runs Very high
He needs to run with with a lower center of Gravity
So Don't take the hits.

Yes Bridle is a Better word to Describe Jessie
He is a Good back
who if he could stay Healthy
Would be a great back

I'm beginning to think that I'm a complete moron for regularly reading this site. Obviously you people don't have the first clue what "soft" means. Soft isn't someone who goes out there and puts body on the line to bull his way through the opposing team to get the yards we need.

He leads with his shoulders and doesn't always get the help he needs with blocking, so it's only natural he's going to get hurt. When you smash people around the way he does, it would be a surprise if he didn't get hurt. Kills me that the same people who were heralding him as a King a few weeks ago are the ones who are questioning his value now.

Jesse is a beast and one of the most talented running backs I've ever seen play.

soft can have a lot of meaning. I don’t know what you don’t get bg. Did he have good blocking at mac??? Hurt. Did he have good blocking in seattle? Hurt. Did he have good blocking in washington? Hurt. His short stint In hamilton ?? Hurt. At some point reality has to set in. he is either soft/injury prone or unlucky. Either way you have to stop making excuses for him because any three of those result with him on the sideline 40 percent of the season. Nobody is saying that he isnt a good talent and not saying to run him out of town but open your eyes and evaluate it with your head not your heart.

hes injury prone. he gets hurt every year

My problem is the use of the word soft. Injury prone and soft are two different things. He's hurt often, there is no denying that. He's NOT soft. Big difference IMO. My eyes are open and I don't know who told you I had a heart, NWO, but they were wrong. :wink:

The Toronto Sun has it right. Now he has two injured shoulders. I like Jesse, but his size and running style (erect) worry me.

Sad part is we have hardly used him either compared to normal carries for a full time back. whats gonna happen if something crazy like.......9 whole carries a game?
I say trade him for a third stringer right away, save the money !

they will have some serious decisions to make on him in another year. if next year he shows the same brittleness,do you fish or cut bait?

He is the Eric Lindros of the CFL. All the tools to be great but misses as much time as he plays.

NWO , just when i was beggining to like you , you come out with an idiotic statement like that !!!

Soft ?? Ask the DB and Lbs on Calgary and Winn. that he ran over the last few games . He dominated the 2nd quarter and if Printers had of played we would of won handily .

Hes injured , so what , its football it happens . You said that he wouldnt even run for 100 yards in the CFL . Well your right , he ran for 2OO !!!! If he is soft then Avery is a woman cause he never plays !!!!

Any team in the CFL would LOVE TO HAVE HIM !!! A Canadian playing a postion that is dominated by Americans , yet the best in the CFL is Canadian ??? They all want him and would give up the house to get him .

I cant believe you fans !!! You have a STAR player who plays his heart out for you and entertains you and at the first sign of injury you have the nerve to say he`s soft ???? The guy who started this thread has some nerve to call a CFL player soft . Let me see you grab the ball and run up the middle and take on 3 and 4 tacklers . You would pee your pants if you saw them coming at you !!!!

The one problem is though....

he's useless as a "non-import" unless you can find a NIP backup for him.

You have a STAR player who plays his heart out for you and entertains you and at the first sign of injury you have the nerve to say he`s soft ????
Its not the first sign of injury, its been a whole bunch of signs of injury and actual injuries over a whole bunch of seasons going back to college. He is injury prone and always will be. he will never play a full season imo.

When he is healthy enough to play, Jesse Lumsden plays hard and plays very well. He does everything a running back is asked to do: running inside or on the edges, receiving, and blocking. Unfortunately, Lumsden has sustained a number of injuries over the past three or four years and it is becoming difficult to imagine him carrying the ball 20 times a game over an 18 game CFL season like Mike Pringle used to do. Therefore, while Lumsden's talent is a very valuable asset to the Ticat team, maybe the injury factor is a reason why the Ticat coaching staff has been limiting him to seven to twelve carries per game this year and why they may need to do that again next year.

Many players never return to form after 2 leg injuries, and then breal something. , imo, Jesse still has alot of football to play and a few G.Cuop,s to play in before he,s washed up!!

Quick - anyone - name one other player on the team - just one - for whom you have even the foggiest idea of his history of injuries before they arrived in the CFL?

Was Casey Printers hurt in college? Did Nate Curry get cut from an NFL team because of a training camp injury? How about Jojuan Armour?

Don't know, right? That's because they didn't play college ball in Hamilton, followed by NFL tryouts, under the full glare of our local media coverage.

Just a guess, but I'm thinking msot football players get dinged up and miss games throughout their careers. We just don't know the whole history.

He is under the microscope here thats for darn sure but there is no denying he is injury prone, brittle, whatever you want to call it. Bad luck maybe, running style maybe…whatever it is, it happens and its a shame cus he has talent. I doubt he will ever reach the potential he has and we all hope to see. He could be a top back in this league if he can stay healthy.

Or the fact that since he's a big boy, people have to hit him harder to bring him down....

Rebounder your not a Ticat fan , never have been never wiil . Your only here to try and get people riled up . You know Lumsden is great and when he does well it eats at you and when he gets hurt you seem to get all excited . Jesse will be back this season and will again be running people over !!!

Now,now.thats not nice. Because someone posts something you disagree with they arent a ticat fan? Reeb is voicing an opinion that she,like you are entitled to voice.because you disagree dont dis her,debate her.
Maybe the posts you call negative are the sign of a true fan sick of losing.
I have met Rebounder and if a 30 plus year ticket holder isnt a true fan,then i’m confused. This woman bleeds black and gold. Believe me over 30 years that can hurt.
how bout giving me your definition of a true fan.

Habman what did i say in my post that isnt true. i said soft in the sense that hes hurt all the time. i said there are lots of meanings to soft. like injured every season and team hes played with since mac. soft like hasnt played a full season in 5 years. i dont think he plays soft. i think he plays hard but regardless hes hurt all the time. ALL THE TIME. this isnt anyone hating on the kid. christ look at the paper this morning even taffe is concerned about him being hurt all the time. so i know you love jesse and again i will repeat im not advocating getting rid of him or that he isnt a great talent just the obvious that anyone could see if they got their head out of their a$$. so quit b*tching. like bunny said debate if you want but the facts are pretty damning.