I'm Not Making Excuses, But...

Been reading most of the post game threads and I'm just totally bummed out right now.

Personally I thought the biggest factor in the game and something I've yet to see anyone else mention was the crowd noise.

Big thumbs up to the Winnipeg fans for providing their team with an enormous advantage.

So many times audibles were botched, players were lined up wrong, penalties were incurred...

Our offense looked disorganized and discombobulated as a result.

I truly believe that played in a friendlier environment we at least have a shot.

Anyhow, I'm hoping the team doesn't make wholesale changes. Continuity is key as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not a huge fan of Marcel, but unless someone like Trestman or Milanovich becomes available I'd rather see them stay the course.

I like Jones as an offensive coordinator and believe he'll grow into the postion.

Not sold on Chamblin though. Can someone please explain how Garrett gets 190 yards? Everyone knows he's getting the rock and he still rips through us like swiss cheese.

I do believe Glenn's time is up, we need to go in another direction. What that direction is I'm not sure.

Please don't let it be Burris though. I'm not interested in a 36 year old retread on the downside of his career.

Here's hoping BC demolishes Winnipeg in the final. I'm sick and tired of their act, both the team and their fans.

That is all.

Been reading most of the post game threads and I'm just totally bummed out right now.

Personally I thought the biggest factor in the game and something I've yet to see anyone else mention was the crowd noise.

Big thumbs up to the Winnipeg fans for providing their team with an enormous advantage.

So many times audibles were botched, players were lined up wrong, penalties were incurred...

Our offense looked disorganized and discombobulated as a result.

I truly believe that played in a friendlier environment we at least have a shot.

Anyhow, I'm hoping the team doesn't make wholesale changes. Continuity is key as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not a huge fan of Marcel, but unless someone like Trestman or Milanovich becomes available I'd rather see them stay the course.

I like Jones as an offensive coordinator and believe he'll grow into the postion.

Not sold on Chamblin though. Can someone please explain how Garrett gets 190 yards? Everyone knows he's getting the rock and he still rips through us like swiss cheese.

I do believe Glenn's time is up, we need to go in another direction. What that direction is I'm not sure.

Please don't let it be Burris though. I'm not interested in a 36 year old retread on the downside of his career.

Here's hoping BC demolishes Winnipeg in the final. I'm sick and tired of their act, both the team and theie fans.

That is all.

I'd take 190 yards against in rushing every game if it meant only 13 points. (not counting the garbage time TD) Defence wasn't the issue here.

If you read some of the post-game reaction from the players and coaches they wanted the Peg to run. The Cats knew they could control the game on D if the BB did. Seems like it worked. And I don't think it is too far fetched to depend on your O to score more than 14 in any game.

Because, as evidenced by the line play on both sides of the ball, the Bombers came prepared for a physical street fight while, it seems, the Ti-Cats came prepared for a chess match. You will seldom see an offensive and defensive line impose their respective wills upon the opposition as thoroughly as the Bombers did yesterday. You are moving the defensive front seven out of the way at will when your team runs for 271 yards including 190 by your feature back alone.
Marcel's stated plan to run the ball effectively on first down to avoid second and long situations failed because Cobourne and the offensive line could not execute against that suffocating Bomber run defense. Result: Ti-Cats run for a total of 39 yards, including 9 for 28 by Cobourne. Bombers hold the ball for 39 minutes... game over!

....as I've said ALL year (again) our O-Line is embarassing. One week they do their jobs, the next week, nada. :thdn:
Our continued inability should be shouldered on them primarily. While I will not excuse WR's for dropping passes, or DB's giving up the big plays, I will not accuse ANY QB or RB for anything other than an occassional error...sometimes forcing a play...but unless an O-Line does their job consistantly the QB's & RB's of ANY team can not & will not function or execute efficently. It's that simple. :cowboy: