I'm Not In Shape

smith is in a tough position, everyone is wanting him to fail with the exception of a few fans, if he doesn't tear up the league or if he screws up with the drugs again everyone will be in line to mock him and point out how they knew he would not cut it. if he does do well everyone will still be on his back waiting for something to attack him on. he should start getting involved in the community right away... pay for disabled or impoverished kids to come to games and do the willard reaves play and give the kids the football everytime he gets a td. after doing something like this for a year the fans would find it more difficult to want him to fail and he might learn that life means more when your focussed on others instead of yourself. this could help deal with his drug issues. he could become a fan favorite if he plays his cards right.

well said blackdale, although its not that they just want to jump on him and critisize him. the guy says he can lose the weight, the coaches think so, what the heck do a bunch of fans from other teams know about him? ha ha nothing. their all just looking for excuses to comfort themselves because they are scared of smith tearing their team apart.

Lard boy will have a hard time shedding those extra pounds. In most cases a guy comes in out of shape then would give him a greyhound ticket out of town. Hmmm if Smith was smart he would start being spokesman for anti drugs. But that might be difficult because well it is tough to talk about one of your down falls but that would certainly help him. You have to question how serious he is about getting back into the game when you do not stay in shape. Your right though fans will try to find something on him but hey he is the guy that caused this and I do not feel sorry for a guy this selfish. If he tries to make a contribution not only in the community but for his own self worth that would take the heat off him.

he will be very good just its the rest of the bombers im worried about lol

You two are kidding right? He comes with a lot of baggage and shows up at TC 31 lbs overweight? He knew in advance that he might be going to the Bomber camp , so why not TRY to get into some sort of shape before camp even starts. It goes to show that he has trouble committing to anything, and that cant be good for him or the team. I dont think anyone else has to worry about him tearing any other team apart , he should worry about ripping his own pants apart when he bends over to line up when he is called upon.

.....you are correct James, except you used the future present tense in 'are' scared.......really we 'were' scared and now we 'are' laughing.....

A person can always turn the corner on thier life and can he only he knows but doing something related to his problems would help in his image department.

I guess you did not read all of my post there Sambo but just in case you missed this part I will highlight it for you and I do agree with your statment.

You have to question how serious he is about getting back into the game when you do not stay in shape.

http://www.eurweb.com/images/articles/200410/fat_albert(med-large).jpg

Where did you get the picture of Smith?

RW05, I was referring to blackdale’s and James’ posts

…blackdale, your ideas are excellent…very good stuff to move the spotlight onto different issues and allow Smith the chance to redeem himself…

ok first of all. smith wasnt expecting to even be playing football untill october...... second, like i said earlier, smith says he can get in shape, and the coaches think he can do it. he is serious about playing football because the NFL tested him 3 weeks ago..... he was clean. he hopes the NFL will continue testing him. hell i wish we would test him to shut u guys up lol. the guys serious. an unexpected opportunity just came unexpectadly. marks my words he WILL be in shape when the time comes, ull see. and u know what, its understandable u guys are finding all sorts of excuses to comfort urselves, funny.... but understandable lol

Sorry James I do not buy into what you are selling. A football player does not let himself go and then say oh crap I start camp in October I better go to Jenny Craig. They stay in shape at all times. This guy has not heart and really does not care the sooner you realize this the less you will be disappointed.

actually red i dont expect u to believe what i am saying. but if he doesnt think he'll be playing come october that gives him plkeanty of time to get into shape. but hey thats ur opinion. my opinion is ull eat ur words when smith rips up calgarys defence and special teams.

Ah James the crow eating factor comes into play!

.......I on the other hand James will give you the benefit of the doubt and see how Smith proceeds through TC......like I said, just comes as a shock......

yah hes NFL quality he will know how to get inj shape

:lol: :lol: He wasn't at home!!! He was at McDonalds :lol:

OUCH :shock: That’s gonna leave a mark! :lol:

can you hear it Geo…a collective sigh of relief from the huddlites…just wait until game time and then we ll see how he looks…