I'm excited, how 'bout you?.......

…wow, I was gone this last week and did some interesting things happen with our club or what?..signing Thurmon was a nice surprise, he will be a huge compliment to the trio of excellent ballcatchers we already have…and it sounds like he is a pretty close friend to Henry already so there is very little ramp up time to form chemistry…Spencer should be a good fit until White returns, and then an already tough LB line is even stronger…The trade for McManus should help our younger QBs develop well in camp…and finally, signing Geronimo to a long term deal is great…I went away thinking our team was already pretty strong and came back to an even better squad…

You guys made some good signings, adding that all important "Depth" factor.

The West will be interesting battle between Edmonton Calgary and BC. I see a very tight race with injuries, and coaching decisions being the difference between first, second, or third.

.....true enough Sporty, and while the BBs and the Riders will have their struggles early they cannot be counted out either......the BBs could gel fast and take some surprise games........

I see Calgary placing 1st in the West, no doubt, while my Bombers take thrid in the West either in division or by CO (scary thought), epending on how well Ottawa or TO do.

to aweser the question, yes, I'm very excited for the up coming season.

.......I'd like to think 1st in the west is possible........last year my hope-for goal was make the playoffs.......which we did and even hosted a game.......would it be a stretch to wish for hosting the western final?........maybe, but what the hell........

Both you guys and Edmonton have a balanced attack. Thats what concerns me with BC. Warren is getting up there in years. If the defense keys on the pass all the time without worrying about the run, then it is easier to defend. Thats one of the reasons I put Edmonton and Calgary ahead of BC on my picks in the main forum.

You guys have depth in McManus. If Ray goes down Edmonton is screwed! If Dickenson goes down, we better be playing the Riders, Bombers or Renegades the next couple of games or BC is in trouble.

I like the way Higgins is assembling your team. You guys should have high expectations!

.......extending Ellis and Patrick's contract today is a big bonus.......Ellis will have big shoes to fill in Crysdale's C spot but he did very very well when Jamie was out with injuries last year....

......The Juhasz signing caught me by surprise, especially when his offer has been on the table for many many weeks and we picked up Thurmon in the meantime........so that makes Copeland, Lewis, Rambo, Ralph, Thurmon, MacDonald and Juhasz as a receiving core......should make for some interesting TC matches.......

In My Mind, RW, if the Stamps show up this season with the same enery and momentom we saw them prefrom in the last games of last season, they will be frist in the West now problem.

I'd like to say the Bombers, but let's face it, they will not be frist and will just get in as 5th or 6th in the league. The Bombers will be great in the short term, but will not be good enough in the long run. In other words, they have the potentsal to make the playoffs late in the season and mayvbe will do well in the playoffs, but will not be frist.

Calgary has this longevilty, and will be frist.

how that made some sense.

........you lost me right around nenery..........

Does jm02 teach Kanga as a second language course?

I e-mailled jm02 and told her is she could teach posters how to understand Kanga, she might never have to work again! 8)

bottom line of that mess

Calgary: 1st and can't go lower
Winnipeg: playoffs by Cross Over or better

you guys have every right to be excited, u have awsome coaches, great D, good special teams with walter spencer, u have an excellent offence with a balanced attack, u have an awsome runningback with a good QB and an amazing recieving corps. ur definately a force to be recond with in 06. i think u guys will be first in the west, usually when teams are stacked like that they dont really have much of a drive. u guys have a stacked team, plus that drive that wins games.

ha ha musta bin nice to come back to this eh? lol

James your right, the Stamps fans suffered through those four years under Feterik and now this. But to give credit where it is due the Stamp fans stood up for thier team It can happen for the Bombers too. But like the stamps I believe that as they play through the season the improvements will show up and if not more tweaking would be required. The Stqamps did that last year.

ya i think so to, i hope our GM shares the same opinion and doesnt think that just because hes had a good off season he can take a slack season.

I heard D Maxie on the radio chatting it up with Chevier and Napper. They all agreed what happened in the western final will not happen again. There is only one thing on thier minds and that is winning. WInning their last 7 games in the season tells you where they will be at the start of the season. Where the Bomber players will need to get use to a new play book and coaching this may take some time. It took Calgary 11 games before they got into their game. Th Bombers last year reminded me of the Stamps piror to the new ownership coming in. They were a good team but could not get it together. Hopefully Berry being a rookie coach can prove his worth.

you guys made great strides last year in aquiring key players that got you into the playoffs...........however, that is as far as you got.........is this ownership committed to a GC or just to putting a competitive product on the field.............cap issues aside.........the riders have signed Joseph an Armstead.........EE and BC are standing pat, so far...........what is your brain trust doing..........nothing significant that I can recognize thus far..........based on that I dont see much optimism in your camp..........

Piggy, I am afraid you did not watch much football last year did you. The team is solid through out and that was very evident last year. Yes the team lost in the semi final game but it was not due to talent. They lost because of inexperience. Do the Stampeders have a championship team? They beat the Eskimos three games prior to the semi final game. The went 7 games straight without a loss in the fianl 7 games.
NOw tell me how can you improve a team with losers from Ottawa. The best players were not choosen in the draft. Why? Their contracts were padded with many bonuses. Tell me did Winnipeg get stronger with anyone they got from Ottawa and please do not make me laugh. I watched the horror story of the Gades in September when our third string QB beat the Gades. Their offensive line was plain disasterous. You guys picked two of them. I do not know about you but the Stampeder organization is smiling because the fans of the losing teams when dining on the carcass of a loser. So do not worry about the Stamps worry about how your team thinks it got better.

hmmmmm........that wasnt exactly what I was getting at red.......you have to remember, I think I was pretty loaded when I posted that........but my point was........I acknowledged the strides your team made last year, but I dont think experience is all they were lacking.........from what you wrote, you think you have the team right know to win it all........EE, BC and SRR have all made some moves to strenghten their weaknesses........IMO you guys may be standing still while the rest pass you by...........IMO you guys are very close but just missing one key guy at DB or CB.........you should have scooped Banks.........

BTW.......I agree with you on the available talent from the Gades, as did our coaches, which is why they scooped Canadian oline men, it is a ratio thing, nothing more........dont forget Marshall & Butler knew exactly what the Gades had.......

Piggy you are correct! The thing about of CB and DB's did you not think for a bunch of rookies they did very well in the last part of the season. So why would you spend cap money on Banks when you already have good quality back there. I am sure Barker will be bringing in ex Nflers into camp to compete. Those that get beat out will get beat out of a job. With Banks because he did have a good year in his position does not mean he will repeat thus he is not worth the cap space. You guys for instance have weak DB's IMO the Bombers should have got him for sure that would have help to a degree. But again is he better no one knows. Those positions are easily filled according to Jim Barker. Jim Barker is the guy that knows his players that is why he runs a football school and has had great success's in evaluating players. To me the youngin's on the Ottawa squad would be worth taking for the future or injuries. Really Heibert and Murphy are the only players that were worth grabbing but their salaries are large. So again are the worth it! NO. Calgary has a farely good set team. The one worry right now is George White can he come back from his injury. I guess we will not see anything until probably August on him. But really Banks was not worth it.

fair enough.......