I'm calling it - It's OFFICIALLY a "Rebuilding Season"

I will say the most excited I have been over off season acquisitions, and the most complete Cats team that I have ever seen assembled was the strike season unfortunately.

Everytime i looked the Cats signed another all star. Late we added Levels and Dean and I was downright giddy.
I was trying to figure out where would everyone play…All stars everywhere.

2 Likes

I think you’re right. Grant was on the roster in 2011-2012 and Chevon Walker from 2012-2013 before being picked up by Ottawa in the Expansion Draft.

Thank you, yes it was Chevon Walker. The name came back to me later on. But I do remember Terry Grant as well, tremendous speed and great change of direction but maybe a bit undersized. He could have been pretty special up here if not for the injury.

1 Like

I guess I’m just not one of those fans who would be happy with a .500 record and a possible playoff spot.

4 Likes

But Hamilton, you know what they say?
Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse
When you’re chewing on life’s gristle
Don’t grumble, give a whistle
And this’ll help things turn out for the best
And

Always look on the bright side of life
Always look on the light side of life…

5 Likes

We can still win games. The defense is good, you're not going to get a sack on every play. If the pressure can lead to an incompletion, it's a positive play. Our linebackers are good and we have good Canadian depth in Feltmate, Mcdonald and Cross. The secondary is where we are the deepest.

Next years draft has two good left tackles in Matthew Bergeron (Syracuse) and Dontae Bull (Fresno St). A right tackle/centre in Chris Fortin (Connecticut). Two guards in Gabe Wallace (Buffalo) and Sidy Sow (Eastern Michigan). The Oline is only as good as it's offensive coordinator and hopefully coach O will tell Condell to run the ball or here's the door.

2 Likes

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (from Monty Python)

Listen: LoFi | Download | Send-Card | Chords

words and music by Eric Idle

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you’re chewing on life’s gristle
Don’t grumble, give a whistle
And this’ll help things turn out for the best…

And…always look on the bright side of life…

If life seems jolly rotten
There’s something you’ve forgotten
And that’s to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you’re feeling in the dumps
Don’t be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that’s the thing.

And…always look on the bright side of life…

For life is quite absurd
And death’s the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it’s your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life’s a piece of shit
When you look at it
Life’s a laugh and death’s a joke, it’s true.
You’ll see it’s all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life…
Always look on the right side of life…
(Come on guys, cheer up!)
Always look on the bright side of life…
(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)
(I mean - what have you got to lose?)
(You know, you come from nothing - you’re going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!)
Always look on the right side of life…

(1) Always Look on the Bright Side of Life - North Korean Edition - YouTube

2 Likes

If we are “rebuilding,” at least we have some good receiving talent. Here’s an anonymous quote from 3DN’s weekly Insider Talk feature. I also like the mix of skills we have in the current group.

Hamilton’s receiving corps doesn’t get enough credit. That unit is as good as any in the league. They’re fast and they’re physical. (Steven) Dunbar (Jr.) is going to finish top-five in receiving this year — I’m almost sure of it.

3 Likes

I hate to say it because I respect a lot of the players you guys have up there in Canada but some of those offensive linemen are terrible. They couldn’t start for some of the small school programs we have down here (in the U.S.).

This one hits home a bit.

That’s pretty scathing. I would love to know which anonymous Insider said that.

1 Like

Not sure how many true CFL insiders would say “you guys … up there” when talking about the CFL.

3 Likes

It shouldn’t hit home.

Olinemen from big schools get QBs killed in the NFL all the time. If you take a left tackle in the first round and he’s getting you QB killed, you’re probably going to try him at right tackle or guard, ex: Robert Gallery.

This guy is making it seem like every Olinemen in the NFL, is able to keep his QB clean.

Do you know whats even more telling? When a LT or RT from Alabama gets beat by a U Sports defensive end in the CFL.

4 Likes

Coach E is that you?

1 Like

Absolutely cringeworthy. Thanks for that Shutt. Speaking of Looking on The Bright Side of Life…

The Grey Cup Rematch Game is finally here! :partying_face: :boom: :anger:

Neither one of our teams is ready for this but I SURE AM!!! Woo Hoo!

If there ever was a game for Evans to absolutely light it up it’s this week. Gonna be cheering hard for them (also just enjoy the tears of the Bombers fans way too much)…but my expectations aren’t so high that I’m not realistically expecting a loss.

1 Like

Ever since that first game in Ottawa that we won due to comically inept clock management I’ve been expecting a loss here in Bomberville. :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Definitely NOT - way too much respect for everything CFL - I have a son that plays in the CFL and I know the reason he is there, is not because he’s not talented enough to play in the NFL, it has more to do with timing and circumstances - that goes for every player in the CFL - and probably for the guys in the USFL as well, in regards to them being in the CFL and or NFL.

You will never hear me say disparaging words about players / coaches - I know several on here have no problem doing that - NOT ME.

And it’s y’all not you guys - hahaha

7 Likes

I know, it was a joke because the comment was about O-linemen getting QBs killed.

No doubt timing and circumstance is a factor in where one plays , i do recognize a handful of names on usfl rosters because they are former ticats