I'm bored................!

3/4 of the way thru July and still no live CFL football to watch.

I'm watching this on youtube: 97th Grey Cup - Montreal Alouettes vs Saskatchewan Roughriders (SDTV Original Quality) - YouTube

Hilarious Saskatchewan can't count to 12!

1 Like

I be watching some AFL this evening.

Wishing I could watch the Gold cup, but can only keep an eye on the scores.

I have resorted to watching Canadians play softball in Tokyo. Was thinking of checking out Rugby Sevens which I have never watched.

1 Like

Great game for us…lucky too. I watched the same game last week when there was nothing on t.v.

1 Like

Well for what it's worth I'm watching a replay of Grey Cup "99" for what seems like the 1000th time . Believe me it never gets old .

1 Like

Me, I dont know GC by number, only be year.

I could watch Doug Flutie GC’s over and over again.

LOL. :smiley:

Only by year you say ? Well when I say “99” being a Cats fan just what year do you think I’m referring to ? I’ll give you a clue… IT’S BEEN TOO LONG !!! :cry:
2021 Baby !!! THF in the Hammer…The drought ends !!!

that be one of my favs as well.

It is weird, You say GC 99 as opposed to the 99 GC, and I go and get all mixed up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL . It’s all good FYB .
Now if you don’t mind , Hamilton is about to go up 21-0 just before the half . :grinning:

1 Like

works for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

If someone would’ve told me that that was going to be the last Grey Cup win I’d see in 21 years for my Cats , I would’ve said pass the bottle . :flushed:

1 Like

I can safely say I have seen every grey cup win since 66 :slight_smile:

and sometimes the team I was cheering for even won

1 Like

Well I’m behind you by 4 years . My first memory of watching a Grey Cup was the 1970 game between Montreal and Calgary when I was nine years old .

1 Like

I was 11 in 66 and had no interest in watching sports at all on tv, although I was starting to play touch ball. One day, game was on, nothing else to do, black and white tv. Cheered for the white uniform. They won, it was SS, I cheered for them all the way to the GC, and a long time afterward.

1 Like

Well I do as an 11 year old boy remember my Cats winning it all two years later in 1972 right here in Hamilton . I remember being young thinking that they would probably win it every year or perhaps every other at least .

Boy was I wrong , little did I know that the next one they would win would be when I was 25 years old in 1986 . The next one after that would be in 1999 when I was 38 years old . I just turned 60 on July 21st and am praying to the Gods that I’ll see them finally win another here at home in 2021 . :football: :trophy:…IT’S BEEN TOO LONG !!!

1 Like

I was really cheering hard for Ham in their last 2 wins. They should have won in 89 if one of the star CBs had not gone out in the first half. I am sure I dont have to tell you about that

1 Like

It’s good, you obviously know the rules of the game since you watch AFL ( Yes I know Aussie rules football isn’t the same as rugby) but if you can follow that then you’re good. It’s nice to have live sports on at an ungodly hour isn’t it? Lol! Enjoy

2 Likes

Rugby 7’s is fantastic, great to watch, I love it!
fast paced action packed rugby
7 players a side on full size rugby field
Lots of open field
2 - 7 minute action packed halves non stop
Game is over in about 25 to 30 minutes
Then another match will play soon after
Canada has great mens and womens Rugby 7’s teams

Online link for that or is that a cable station thing?

I don’t believe there is a League, only tournaments
Vancouver has a huge 3 day tournament at BC place every year
over 30,000 every day