I'm a comin up

July 15 against Winnepeg. Bringing my 3 year old to his first football game. Havn’t been to Commonwealth in two years. I’m having withdrawl, McMahon stadiom just doen’t cut it for me. So see you there. :smiley:

Calgary really does need a better stadium…

…our stadium is just fine thank you very much…try to get yours filled one of these days, eh…

37,000 for the pre-season game against the bombers. Enough said, how about making the playoffs? Wait… you need to win more than 4 games to do that, too bad, better luck next year!

We always fill up Commonwealth after Labour Day to watch our Esks lay a beating to the Stamps.

We also filled it up to see the Rolling Stones (both times they were here), Pink Floyd, U2, the list goes on and on…

How many of those groups played at McMahon?

:wink:

…ah, alas the last best concert in McMahon I went to was the Eagles…too many years ago…hit a sore spot with you two eh?..hehehehe…

McMahon stadium is in my opinion the worst outdoor stadium in the league. I’ll admitt Taylor Field wasn’t in the best shape in the league either but it in it’s worst state still beats McMahon. Taylor Field is getting fully renovated this season, full makeover over the next 8 years.

…you’re delusional if you think TF is better than McMahon…delusional or full of crap…case in point: How many Olympic opening and closing ceremonies has TF hosted?..uh, none…oh look, there’s Jeremy actually showing us how post secondary education works again…TF is a nice little field (please review, no slams against TF from me), but your opinion is pretty much what you’d want to spread on your field for fertilizer…

i’d sya sinse we have liek the highest avg crowd in the league…
we sell it out atleats once a year…
and omg we hole international sporting events…
don’t diss comonwealth.
but ya i’d say canad inns stadium sucks to

???

…mom, crazyesks is typing with his elbows again…

Elbows? Can someone translate?

R&W you and Jeremy need to go on a camping trip, and have a few beers to iron out your differences…I detect stress and conflict…

Sorry Jeremy, as an unbiased third party, I liked McMahon 3 years ago when I was there. I wouldn’t call it a dump. I really like Commonwealth the best (REAL GRASS!) I’m planning to steal it one day and bring it back to BC.

I like going to games at MacMahon, I usually get to sit in the Reds behind the visiting teams bench, but even the cheap seats aren’t bad. Even through the last few lean years, there is aways a good sized crowd and more times then not, a sellout. Having a full house does enhance the gameday experience. The tailgaters are a great bunch, and even though I wear my Travis Moore Riders jersey, most Stamps fans are good natured and I get to cheer for my team without any problems.

McMahon Stadium is the best venue in the league. Let me cite the reasons. At something over 30,000 capacity it’s not too big, not too small. Its juuuuuust right. The stands are close to the field and there are good sightlines from all seats. Its location is great … lots of hotels nearby and if you live in Calgary, the C-train takes you right there. Ok, the horse annoys me and the cops need to lighten up (they didn’t need to arrest the chick for flashing her melons from the first row at the players - but then maybe that speaks more to the sanctimony of the population rather than the stadium itself). Really and truly, Taylor Field has to be the ugliest stadium in the league.

just look at crazyesks post…i did understand, not a one word of it.

What the heck was that? Can somebody out there explain that one!

I’m as perplexed as you are.

My computer doesn’t have a Gibberish-to-English translator.

geez, go watch more mvies, then you’d understand.