Illegal Forward Pass??????

First of all… Go Riders!

Secondly, the lines are a bit different on the 2 visuals…

Close but I've seen worse, in the 1996 Grey Cup, Doug Flutie threw on and he was 3 yard past the line of scrimmage. The league though was going to make sure the Flutie got that cup.

The point is whether or not he crossed the LOS not where I drew the line

I guess then all the video I post whether they were requested or not have also been useless because the game moves on.

I guess I will stop waisting my time and yours by posting any more of them

Good video. Close call. Not sure if he was over. Great 1st play call. Riders have had big plays on 1st play in a lot of games. Most games. That is good coaching.

It is close, ro.
Given they way they have called these for the last few seasons, the play is good.
They have been giving the QBs the benefit of the doubt as they approach the line, if the throwing motion has begun, which it has, and if the forward foot comes down after the release, which it appears to do.

If they called that in a play-off game, after not calling it for 3 years, I think I'd have to take issue with it.
In the "old days" I think they might have called that.
But not anymore.
It is like the "Elgaard rule".
I would call this one the "Flutie rule" as they never use to call Doug even if he was 3 yards over the line...

I see we were thinking the same thing–which does frighten me somewhat…

Keep posting, ro.
I know I appreciate all the effort you put in, and I think most of us do.
This play is very close and deserved a look.

The ball can be 2 yards over if the QB is in the air. Its the last foot that has contact with the ground that must be behind the line of scrimage…discussion over. Im shocked and appaulled Arius, shocked and appaulled. Just joking!

Kel

The league HAS nor HAD any such agenda. Have you read the DaVinci Code by Doug Brown? You might like it.

Kel

He looks like he is over. The game is done time move on. :lol: Good work Ro. I believe your right the rider fans seem to go blind when they want too. It is like a light switch. :lol:

Go Lions Go

Actually I never gave my opinion. I put it up for discussion, It just looks like some posters want to end the discusion incase they might be seen as wrong

It close, thats for sure. I dont know if there is a rule or not regarding the being in the air thing... But even then, it could have been called either way.

I think this is one that is very close. If you look at the front of ball (where the line scrimage is), it is about the have yard line. When Joseph releases the ball it is not 100% clear, but it is very close. Clearly by the time Joseph follows through he is over the line.

But I think this is one that could have gone either way.

Good or Bad… Out of all the threads your Video threads are always entertaining… Keep up the Good Work :thup:

Unfortunately the official yard sticks are on the bottom of the screen so we can’t even really definitively find the first down marker or the line of scrimmage. Usually the center moves the ball slightly so I wouldn’t put all the debate on that spot either.

I think it was close enough that the ref would not overturn it.

Who was reffing the game anyways?

Its very close, but Joseph is clearly in his throwing motion when he crosses the LOS. Usually they will give the QB the benefit of the doubt in that situation.

To answer cfleskfan's quetion, Ken Lazaruk was the referee in the game.

Josephs’ foot is practically on the 49. Too bad the refs didn’t catch this either, and so sad for CGY fans their coach didn’t challenge.

Your right the coach missed it. But do not tell the rider fans the excuses come out in droves. You have already witnessed many so far.

Go Lions Go