If you were the coach (Jeremiah & Dane)

It will be masoli .more mobile ,experienced and better. Evan’s is a one year wonder ala Casey printers.i hope for more from him and he’s under contract

Mute point now the announcement has been made

Hamilton Tiger-Cats name Jeremiah Masoli starting quarterback to begin 2021 season | 3DownNation

Coach O is reported to have made that announcement to members of the media today.
I look forward to hearing his post practice Q & A

Masoli... you don't lose your starting job due to injury. Evans is a very very good QB however it sounds like he didn't outplay Masoli in camp. Played equally well, but didn't become the obvious choice. So... I think the job is Masoli's to lose.

2 Likes

Told you corbin

What qb would Evan’s unseat if he was a free agent

Evans would be an upgrade for Toronto and Ottawa right now IMO.
By the end of the season I think people might add Montreal and Saskatchewan to that list as well ( Just guessing of course). Also, if Riley gets injured again in BC , or they miss the playoffs again I would add BC to the list.

1 Like

3 Likes

There is almost no coaching practice more universal in pro football than giving the lion’s share of reps to the starting QB. As much as fans try to think up two-QB systems, it’s really to no avail as coaches has been avoiding such a system for several decades. That’s why all the examples people can recall are so old.

2 Likes

Game Day threads gonna be hilarious. 1 INT and “time to give Evans a series” will start.

Team is good enough to win the Cup with either of them, or both of them.

4 Likes

TORONTO HAS SET THERE SITES ON ARBUCKLE THAT LEAVES ONE POSSIBILITY

You don’t have to yell. I was giving my opinion. I could easily also say that “Ottawa has set their sites on Nichols”. Who knows how all this would have played out if Evans was available to any team back in February.

I’ll enjoy and support whoever is out on the field. Have complete faith in both players. Congrats and Good luck to Jeremiah, but also Dane and the whole team.

1 Like

August 1: Orlondo Steinauer – Hamilton Tiger-Cats (ticats.ca)

THe caps were an accident

1 Like

Coach O was pretty strong, and clear, with his response to the suggestion that Jeremiah is the team's starting quarterback and this isn't a week-to-week thing:
Quote "Jeremiah's our quarterback, week one."

1 Like

I know it is Coach O’s final say, but I would think that Coach Condell had alot of influence in this decision.
:tiger: :football:

2 Likes

Yeah, these "let's use a 2 qb system" comments get as old as the times a team has actually used such a system. There's a reason why they don't do that anymore.

As much as I do believe Evans is our qb of the future, Masoli is no slouch. I'll never forget that game against Edmonton when he set the record for most completions in a row & coincidentally, overcame the biggest deficit to win in Ticat history. And then later that same year, we were losing against Edmonton again, and the team led by Masoli came back to win again.

We're fortunate to have 2 starter quality qb's. And btw, Eddie Smith and Dave Marler were not starter quality qb's put together. That was a frickin' tough year.

1 Like

Jeremiah had this job not a doubt in my mind.

1 Like

The waterboy would be my first choice for Ti-Ctas starting quarterback. He can do double duty getting squashed on the offence and help liquidate his teammates when he’s off plays when the defense plays. He’d be the Bobby Boucher of the Kittens