If you could pick one free agent…

If I could pick one agent, it would be 99

Domagala was making from 35-37 and struggled from 42 in the pregame and halftime warmups

I'm afraid neither Barbara Feldon nor Wayne Gretzky would be of much use to the Tiger-Cats. :smile:

1 Like

After Timmy White has a 1500 receiving yards season in 2022 and will be the Grey Cup MOP with a Tony Champion style catch, I expect bobo will be the 1st in line for a selfie and autograph. :laughing:

2 Likes

I'll only let him take a photo of me if he's kneeling down. :laughing: Also if he wants my autograph , I'll have too think about it . :memo: I mean I just don't give my autograph to anybody you know :laughing:

2 Likes

Would you believe Bernie Custis or Tony Curcillo ?

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

1 Like

Barbara Feldon's best line on Get Smart (probably the best line uttered in the show).
Max, agent 86, is jealous of another agent.
"You're twice the man 43 is, 86."

2 Likes

Thanks for the Interesting history lesson there Pat. Learn something new everyday.

Those players were about 15 years before my time. I think for us that are Gen X the number 99 will be forever synonomous with "The Great One". :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

In what way? :sunglasses:

1 Like

So is that top half or bottom half ?

1 Like

Please, no Mike Filer. He was, at best, medicore. Lets keep him retired. Long passed his expiration date.

Filer was not mediocer in 2019. Our o-line was solid all year and he was the leader of that group. When he came back to camp in 2021 , we will never know if he was going to be cut and the teams gave him an opportunity to save face and announce his retirement, or if he decided on his own that his heart wasn't in it. Either way , I agree he is no longer on option, but I disagree that he was a mediocre player.

2 Likes

He was the weak link. The centre's job is to call the reads for the rest of the line. Leadership came with the position. Being a good leader does not equate to good work. He was undersized and regularly going backwards instead of forwards. His snaps, especially in the shotgun, were often poorly placed (too short, too high, off centre). Not just ocassionally. Regularly. Every game. We can do better than bringing back an aged centre.

Get Smart was created by Mel Brooks and Buck Henry . Bernie Kopell played Siegried , the evil head of Kaos . When Max is captured , it's suggested
that rather than kill him , we should just "Shush him" .
Siegfried replies loudly in a German accent . "We do not shush in KAOS !"

Pat Lynch (I love that line)

1 Like

Yeah!!!

Dan Hampton...HoF DE for the Chicago Bears!!!!

I miss Greg Moore too.

3 Likes

Interesting. I actually had to look him up since I don't really follow auto racing that closely.

A Canadian Indy CART racer who sadly died at age 24. His car's number was 99.

2 Likes

Greg Moore was a racing phenom. I remember watching him tear through the pack on a regular basis. He was so fast and nimble. On track for F1. It was absolutely horrible watching his crash live on TV. I’m glad his racing days are still remembered here. Very humble and talented young man. It is so heartbreaking to see such accomplished young people die so early in life.

2 Likes

I want a beast of an O-Lineman and never have to worry about the O-Line again. Everything else will fall into place.

2 Likes

Must resign J’Gared on the d-line. When he turned it on he was almost unstoppable.

Maybe get Ryker back here? Health was an issue.

2 Likes