IF you are a fan of the NFL...

insane_ says it all :stuck_out_tongue:

not to go with the NFL flavour of the month, its a toss up between the Baltimore Colts , L.A Rams, St Luis Cardinals, Houston Oilers,and the Cleveland browns (* 1st edition)! in order to justify this thread being in the Tiger Cats forum, How well would Quinton Porter do if the Ti cats put a 9 man o'line in front of him , to build his confidence, as the Colts did for Manning?

EG. If Porter was in Sask. they could put 12 guys on the O line + Porter = 13, and he would still drop the ball for a turn over!

8)

How would that build his confidence? By allowing the defence to then tripple team the 2 receivers running routes?

I don't remember ever seeing Manning having 9 guys blocking for him, you must drink a lot of beers when you watch football.

Eagles soar when the cat’s are sleeping … :thup: :wink:

colts
eagles
pats
chargers
panthers
cardinals.
saints

I would love to be raiders and lions fan again, if only they wouldnt be so bad, sigh

There is no NFL player that works harder, knows his own team and opposition, has the physical tools, and mental edge like Peyton Manning. All things being equal, hes the best QB in the game.

Not a chance, the hardest working QB's work in the CFL. They have to work harder and faster to earn their keep.

8)

I think there are things that are harder in this game, it's obviously harder to read defences when you have six options on a play. But the throwing windows are much larger in the CFL and the pass rush comes in a lot faster with a lot more confusing blitz's, no other qb in the world works harder at their games than Drew Brees or Peyton Manning, they spend ridiculous amounts of time studying film and working witth their receivers than anyone else. It was unbelievable the way Brees picked apart a complex Billicheck defence, it was like he knew exactly what defence they were running on every play

Colts brought Manning along(babied) him his first season at least, recall the nfl commentator mentioning how the Indy fans bought into it, You should check your facts before you slander people, and please stop worshiping at the nfl alter on a CFL site , your embarrassing :roll:

Dolphins
Steelers
Bears

No.

Whatever, being babied means he wasnt given the full package to work with, it doesnt mean he had the whole team blocking for him with only one receiver to throw to on every play and there's no way he throws for 3500 yards if he was babied that badly. No one likes to be corrected, but you just come off as a defensive bitter old man whenever you dont agree with someone. I like both leagues and no I wont become a bitter negative guy like you.

Nope. I don't buy into the hype. Its all fluff and no sizzle

1.Chicago Bears....Since the mid-70's.By the way,I think the Halas/McCaskey cabal of money grubbing scum that owns the team is reason for the mediocrity!!!

Then...a long way down after that is #2...

2.Philadelphia Eagles
3.St.Louis/Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals...I've been a closet Cardinals fan since the mid-70's,as well.The days of Jim Hart,J.V.Cain,Mel Gray,Jim Otis,Pat Tilley,Roger Wherli,Conrad Dobler,Dan Dierdorf,Terry Metcalf...

re drexl_Whatever, being babied means he wasnt given the full package to work with, it doesnt mean he had the whole team blocking for him with only one receiver to throw to on every play and there's no way he throws for 3500 yards if he was babied that badly. No one likes to be corrected, but you just come off as a defensive bitter old man whenever you dont agree with someone. I like both leagues and no I wont become a bitter negative guy like you.
[/quote]
________ Tipical reply, personal attack. fact is Payton was Babied his first two season,s that,s how they aquired James. didnt matter where they finished instanding,s Drexl why cant you face fact,s?

Not a big NFL fan, but am starting to like the Saints. Like their story and enjoy watching Brees. They play a CFL style game.

I was a Steeler fan before Terry Bradshaw and Mean Joe arrived. It must have been the black and gold uniforms that I liked because the teams were terrible. Six Super Bowls later I'm still a fan but Big Ben takes a backseat to my beloved TiCats. I wish good luck to the Colts,Chargers,Saints, and Eagles this year because I fear the Steelers may not make the playoffs. The real Cinderella team has got to be the Bengals. Good luck to them too! :smiley:

I have no problem with a Canadian CFL fan having an interest with the NFL. My problem exists with Canadian NFL fans who look down on our game. It’s bizare how someone from this country can sit in a bar proudly wearing his Atlanta Falcons jersey while guzzling Bud Light flipping attention between the Bills/Dolphins and Rams/Seahawks games during the Grey Cup.

Anywho…

As a community owned team I always like seeing Green Bay in the playoffs. The best camera shot is the one of a completely abandoned main street during the game. The Saints are an interesting story this year as the Rams were during Warner’s time, the Niners during the emergence of the west coast offence and of course it’s hard not to see the similarities between our team and the Steelers. My interest in the 'one more than necessary down" league is a good story line. If the undefeated Colts and Saints meet in the final game I’ll be sure to be watching. Otherwise, when is the CIS draft?

To each their own, if your Canadian, and you don't like the CFL, and would rather watch NFL, then the grey cup then its your choice, and to each their own, What gets me is when they say CFL sucks! When CFL dose not suck, everybody is entitled to their opinion. I don't much like UFC Or I cant STAND watching soccer! and they FAR from suck! Just not my cup of tea!