If we make changes. . .

We are all hoping for a bounce-back against Calgary.

But it the Als lay another egg like last time, here's what I'd do:

Fire Hawkins and Miller.

Doug Berry comes down from the booth to take over as offensive coordinator and line coach.

Noel Thorpe gets promoted to interim head coach.

Mark Nelson gets moved up from linebacker coach to replace Thorpe as D/C.

Any other suggestions?

Noel Thorpe has been great so far, but doesn't it seem early to plug him in as HC? I would agree with firing Miller, but I think Hawkins should be given a chance.

Not an unreasonable point of view, Piggyman

Its as good a scenario as any but I don't know how you can off Hawkins who is really a people manager and give Verducci a pass. I think we have to look at the specific problems instead of just turning the barn into a bonfire no matter how tempting.

I evaluate Coach's by their dance/celebration moves and considering how bad a game the first season game was I think Hawkins celebration was very Maciociaesque :stuck_out_tongue:

Fire Miller and Verducci, make Berry OC and O-line coach (he’s done both in the past). Go back to frackin zone blocking on the line. That’s all I’d do for now, since the O failures are squarely on Miller (Hawkins has apparently delegated the offense to him and isn’t particularly involved in it).

Je crois comme Popp qu'il faut laisser encore la chance au coureur, dans la mesure où Calvillo n'est plus envoyé systématiquement à l'abattoir. Dans le cas inverse, ça va presser de passer à une autre solution.

Je crois cependant que si la ligne offensive se fait défoncer une partie de plus, il sera clair que Verducci sera à remplacer illico.

Certains petits détails m'ont titillé.

Premièrement, lors de la dernière débandade, normalement, un quart-arrière aurait cherché à regrouper les troupes, à faire une conférence sur le terrain avec son coordonnateur à l'attaque et avec ses receveurs. Calvillo n'a non seulement rien fait de ça, mais lorsque Miller lui parlait dans son coin, il semblait déjà à 100 milles ailleurs. Ceci me fait dire que Calvillo et les receveurs n'ont pas acheté l'attaque de Miller et encore moins son plan de match. Calvillo avait l'attitude du gars qui considère que ça ne valait même pas la peine.

Deuxièmement, lorsqu'un enième jeu a foiré, Calvillo a fait un geste de dégoût des deux mains comme s'il se disait : "Encore un call de merde. Non, je me choquerai pas après tout le monde à chaque partie, c'est pas vrai!"

Troisièmement, autant les gars de Thorpe sont motifés, autant ceux de Miller ne le sont pas.

Je crois que Miller ne travaille pas assez fort pour le défi qu'il a en-avant de lui, et que les joueurs ne le suivent déjà plus.

Je ne sais pas si Berry serait prêt à assumer les deux fonctions à ce stade-ci.

Je ne sais pas si Jonathan Himebauch sortirait des rangs universitaires, mais il me semble qu'il avait fait du bon boulot dans la transition de Lambert à LBJ.

Avec un seul chapeau à porter, le cas échéant, la mission de Berry semblerait plus faisable.

Je suis plus enrager que je l’etais après la defaite suite a ce qe j’ai vu aujourd’hui.

[url=http://www.rds.ca/vid%C3%A9os/que-se-passe-t-il-avec-les-alouettes-1.639552]http://www.rds.ca/vid%C3%A9os/que-se-pa ... s-1.639552[/url]

Je suis completement d’accord avec tes observations. Les gars en offensive n’ont absolument aucun plaisir a jouer presentement et l’esprit de corp est completement inexistent. Aujourd’hui les joueurs ont tout repris leurs commentaires et prennent le blame qu’ils n’ont pas poser assez ou de bonnes questions lors du camps d’entrainement. Cette transposition est completement anormale et indique que les entraineurs ont essayer de mettre le blame sur les joueurs pour sauver leurs jobs et reputations. C’est innaceptable on est foutu si c’es “posers” ne sont pas remplacer comme hier !

The next par I’ll write in English so it ends in the right ear. Listen Hawk. First off that group of players is proven, they don’t have to prove to us they belong in pro ball. You do. About that 43-1 to BC was on the road against the GC winners with a beat up squad, not sure why you brought that up but man were you ever looking for an out with that one. Do me a favor. Stop using the word “Science” because your starting to remind me of Walter White on Breaking Bad. Start listening to Berry or he’ll have your job within a month.

Merci !

Madjack...what do you estimate the cost of canning both Hawkins and Miller as you advocate?

Three seasons?

Hawkins: $350,000 per?
Miller: $250,000 per?

total: $1.8 mil ?

boy if that happens the bloom will be off the Popp bush.

Agreed.

CTV Montreal news tonight, interviewed Hawkins who said it was just little things that they need to correct.
AC and Richardson were also interviewed and said it was communication that has been the problem.

Is anyone buying that ?

I'm not passing judgement until I see how they perform next game. At the very least, I found this encouraging.

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/video/index/id/85997

Seems like Calvillo and the team are taking things in stride, and are staying positive for the upcoming game.

One saying little things and two others saying communication. Time will soon tell.

Listening to Tim Burke. They made no adjustments on defense for the second game with the exception of adding a few keys. Jeezus... :expressionless:

Herb's been biting his tongue. :wink:

This is one nervous and stressed Dan Hawkins

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/video/index/id/85995

You can tell when a group doesn't believe in what the coordinator is preaching. We saw that last year with Reinebold, we saw it for three frackin years with Tracksuit. We're seeing it now with Miller. Calvillo is a professional. He's played in many different offensive systems and thrived in just about all of them (minus the Bellefool garbage from 2007). If he's upset, it's for good reason. If he's pointing the finger at the coaches, I'll take his side. He IS the franchise, man. I put a lot more trust in his opinion than I do in some idiot ex-NFL OC and a head coach who's better at spouting cliché than making sure all three phases are ready to compete.

The next par I'll write in English so it ends in the right ear. Listen Hawk. First off that group of players is proven, they don't have to prove to us they belong in pro ball. You do.
Ding ding, we have a winner! The group on offense is a proven group of winners, filled with elite players at every position. Most of them are sporting multiple Grey Cup rings. The coaches? Have proven ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the CFL. This isn't college, Hawk. Nor is it four-down football where you don't have to think about who's in motion pre-snap. This is pro Canadian football. It's up to YOU and that mouth-breather of an OC to prove YOU belong in [i]this[/i] league.
About that 43-1 to BC was on the road against the GC winners with a beat up squad, not sure why you brought that up but man were you ever looking for an out with that one. Do me a favor. Stop using the word "Science" because your starting to remind me of Walter White on Breaking Bad. Start listening to Berry or he'll have your job within a month.
Makes me want to vomit. :x They're digging their own graves here. If the ship isn't righted by the end of July, there will be a coaching purge, and Hawkins can forget about doing anything except ESPN analysis for the rest of his life.

AC is asking questions now? If the coaches can't communicate, such that the players need to ask questions, I don't find that reassuring at all. But the game will tell.

And with reason, Hfx! He didn't inherit the Kookamonga Rovers - but a winning and a proud team. He had better figure things out quickly and in the meantime listen to his veteran players.

In the CTV Montreal interview, both Anthony and J-Rich speak of a lack of communication. I'm not trying to read between the lines here, but that doesn't sound right. Everyone involved has to speak - and in the case of this new coaching staff - listen!

There was also some speculation about Tate possibly not starting on Friday.

I don't know what at all to expect on Friday, but I'll remain optimistic and say that we write off that fiasco ASAP. C'mon guys, let's get some professional pride going here and come out mad on Friday! I don't just want a W, I want to see DOMINATION!

Its Twilight Zone territory.

We went from Excellence with Class to Communication with Confusion. (Never liked Excellence with Class, very Kich)