If Quebec City got a team...

The difference in Quebec you have some wanting laws to limit or ban english in the rest of the country while yes there are idiots but you would be hard pressed to find any that want laws to ban or limit french.

Dont need a law to limit something that is already limited.
And English is not banned in QC
I see plenty of english signs in QC I dont see any French in the ROC
Dont get me wrong…I am not in favour of these laws…Its just that they are not what the average person outside Quebec thinks they are

Although the owner of the IGA in St Lambert may like to disagree with you on that one. :wink:

As i said there are some that would like english banned or limited.

THere are many french sings in areas where there is a fair size french population plus there are some Eastern Ontario towns are more french then english.

The law on Signage in Quebec are enforced just about as much as the laws on sodomy. Non issue.

? Not to turn this site into a political forum, but there are many shops who beg to differ.

Well first of all it was the manager not the owner…and again…for every idiot in Quebec…

Could be, but I have never seen them…
But as you point out…its where there is a fair sized French Population. But its still limited

wow guys, way to take this topic WAY off topic.. :roll:

Its bang on topic

Will leave this topic alone and get back to football.

OK then

The answer is no…next topic

Seriously? This is a thread worth starting?

I thought this would be 31 posts about expansion. Instead it’s this rubbish?

The language is FOOTBALL!

And the mods won’t let me use the R word for you guys? Grow up.

oh shut up! you ignorant fool.

I agree with prairiedog. The reason language is still an issue is thinking like this. Montreal will never get near another Stanley Cup until they start drafting the best players available, hiring the best coach, signing the best free agents instead of going for the best french player/coach.

If Quebec City gets a team they will fill it with the best players they can get, best coach they can get and the officials will be selected by the league from available officials, regardless of language.

I agree with prairiedog. The reason language is still an issue is thinking like this. Montreal will never get near another Stanley Cup until they start drafting the best players available, hiring the best coach, signing the best free agents instead of going for the best french player/coach.

If Quebec City gets a team they will fill it with the best players they can get, best coach they can get and the officials will be selected by the league from available officials, regardless of language.

I would have to say, this is coming from an expert. :cowboy:

why did I take you off ignore?