If Maas Starts Next Week...

didn’t we hear this LAST YEAR???

[/quote]
[/quote]
Funny, because we also hear that our back-up QB is better than our starter ever year too.

I’m not trying to put down Chang…I’m pretty pumped up with his potential.

I just can’t stand all of this bashing from these clowns on here. Sure, Maas hasn’t played well for the Ti-Cats. Not this year, not last year…I’m not blind. However, I’m also not blind to the fact that throwing a rookie QB into the starting role right now is a good idea. Let him develop a little bit…lets not ruin this guy.

Isn’t that what Maas had happen in Edmonton with Ray???

Best offense in the CFL?!?!
Grey Cup Favorites?!?!
Starting QB?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

IM DUMBFOUNDED!

First off isn't it only the first week of actual cfl action?! A little early to making big predictions like that wouldn't you say? As for being grey cup favorites, well ummm again early in the season to say... Besides Danny McManus predicted BC Lions so I don't know where you get your info, In danny we trust... and as for calling Maas a starting QB, Well lets just say the word start and Maas shouldnt ever be bound together in any sentence. He had his chance all last season and i failed to see him "start" to do anything.

[/quote]

Funny, because we also hear that our back-up QB is better than our starter ever year too.

I’m not trying to put down Chang…I’m pretty pumped up with his potential.

I just can’t stand all of this bashing from these clowns on here. Sure, Maas hasn’t played well for the Ti-Cats. Not this year, not last year…I’m not blind. However, I’m also not blind to the fact that throwing a rookie QB into the starting role right now is a good idea. Let him develop a little bit…lets not ruin this guy.

The difference between our back-up’s last year is they ALSO could not move the offense, Chang IMO in 1 game already has more yardage than our backup’s did ALL of last year…lol, he looks ready to start… I see NO harm in giving him that 1 start just to see IF there is a difference in the outcome of the game, I’m tired of giving Maas the benefit of the doubt. We should pull a page from the blue team and give each QB a start and STICK with the QB that wins until he loses… so in that respect Chang gets the start next game and if he wins he REAMAINS the starter until he loses and back and forth…

I wouldn't blame MAAS completely for the
lost of this game.
the PENALTIES had a lot to do with it.

You’re right… penalties cost CHANG his first CFL touchdown

That was a different situation. Edmonton had a solid core group of players and a lot of veteran leadership.

They weren’t rebuilding, they didn’t have an entirely revamped coaching staff and roster, and Maas got hurt. Ray stepped in and played well enough to the point where they couldn’t take him out.

Not the same situation at all. You put Chang in right now, you could hurt the confidence and enthusiam he seems to have. Obviously if Maas gets hurt again then you have no choice…but that’s not the case.

[/quote]
The difference between our back-up's last year is they ALSO could not move the offense, Chang IMO in 1 game already has more yardage than our backup's did ALL of last year...lol, he looks ready to start.. I see NO harm in giving him that 1 start just to see IF there is a difference in the outcome of the game, I'm tired of giving Maas the benefit of the doubt. We should pull a page from the blue team and give each QB a start and STICK with the QB that wins until he loses.. so in that respect Chang gets the start next game and if he wins he REAMAINS the starter until he loses and back and forth...
[/quote]
Eakin moved the ball at first too. Heck, even Brady came in a lit it up in Edmonton. You can't make the guy number one and give him that pressure yet. I don't think he's ready for it. That being said, he doesn't look far off either.

The "Blue" team has a different situation. Bishop has been around for a while and is clearly ready to start. That, and the fact that Allen is old enough to be Bishop's father.

I might be a little off on this, but I was thinking Mass only went to a WR 3 times throughout the game. What was up with that? Is his arm not healed from the off season surgery?

By the way, I was at the game and watched the warm ups. Mass’ throws looked forced while Chang’s throws looked very smooth.

What do you mean, "If"? Oh. Okay. I'll play along. If Jason Maas starts next week .... I think I'll start cheering for the Argos!! Some might think that 1 game isn't enough to prove yourself but then I guess they have all forgotten about last years 4-14 record with this clown at the helm. Some might even say that the 4-14 record is unfair because, after all, he was injured all year (a little "nugget" of information he decided to keep to himself until after the season was over). Wow! He's not only a clown but a selfish one at that. I've seen enough. I don't want to cheer for the Argos and I can't cheer for this Bozo anymore.

Jason's arm will never be the same again,was it Kahari Jones that mentioned during the telecast that Jason had to change his throwing stance now back to the stance he used in College?
That scares me!

It looks like we are in a two QB system ,which I've always liked,out of necessity.

Throwing Timmy Chang to the best Defence in the league (Argos) isn't my idea of developing a QB,remeber Eakin?

It was exciting to see Timmy in there ,impressive....

If Taafe didn't call that bonehead pass to Ralph in the endzone that giftwrapped 7 points for Calgary, Maas should have been pulled right there. If Taafe did call that play himself, he should fine HIMSELF $1000.00 for stupidity.

Regardless, Maas should have been pulled for Chang to start the third quarter. Maas proved through two quarters that he couldn't lead the offence to a TD.

And the fact that he only threw ONE pass downfield in the entire first half speaks volumes. As my wife said, "I don't care if Chang throws 10 interceptions...ANYTHING is better than Maas not throwing downfield at all." She's right. Maas and Taafe gave the entire Calagry secondary the night off last night. This was "Ticats 2006" all over again. The defence plays well enough in the first half to keep it close, while the offence blows it by doing nothing over and over again.

Chang obviously sparked the Ticat offence, and Maas is obviously done. You could even see it in the huddle. When Maas was in there, the receivers looked like they were asleep listening to the guy call out the plays. When Chang was in there, all of the receivers had eyes that were lit up. Could it be that they were thinking, "Hey, Chang can actually get me the ball, so I better wake up now?" I will be very disappointed if Chang doesn't start by game 3 this season.

Let me ease your fears, Slim.

Khari Jones said that in Hamilton’s new Offensive System
the quarterback is required to drop back 5 to 7 steps

which is something he hasn’t done since his college days,

He has used a Three Step Drop since he has been in the CFL.

If you guys cut Maas we'll take him off your shoulders gladly

I'll go to the game because I've already paid for the season The fact is tho that Maas had a poor season last year and couldn't throw downfield and this year he has yet to prove that he can throw downfield. Simply put I'd call Fabio Filice back to play QB before I'd let Maas play another down. I don't care who plays as long as it isn't Maas. He is terrible he's a bold faced liar that is hurting the team with his lies and I'm sick of it

If Maas can’t throw downfield, he shouldn’t be playing. The blue team will eat the Cats RAW if he is still not right. One thing someone (a CBC announcer) mentioned last night was that Maas had said that he didn’t go “easy” with his rehab as the team had requested. He apparently was worried about losing his job. Admirable desire, but if true, selfish to the point where it may hurt the team (see last night’s performance). Last year our coaching staff made the mistake of staying with Maas even when knowing he was “damaged goods”. We didn’t have a reasonable alternative.

Hopefully Taaffe doesn’t repeat the same error. Throwing Chang to the wolves (blue team) doesn’t sound appealing to me, but sending a guy with, literally, one hand tied behind his back is even less intelligent.

My two bits worth anyway.

I already have my tickets.

Hey it's the Argos.....hopefully we can at least compete.

I hope that Taaffe's hook is a little quiker and that he gets Chang in there quicker!

Based on the way the game went last night, I feel as though I was watching a continuation of last season. Mass has picked things up right where he left off in 2006.
Mass has no confidence whatsoever, and he will never get it back. I don't think he ever had any confidence. As far as I am concerned, Maas' career is over. Even I realize that. Why is the Ti-Cat Organization not realizing this fact? Are the Ti-Cats going to make the fans of Hamilton suffer yet another season with Maas. Its over for Maas. He just cant play. I say put that young fella Chang in as the Starter. That young kid has game, and is the future of the Ti-Cats. Please Mr. Caretaker, please end our suffering.
The famous line from the movie, "Apocalypse Now", "...the horror...the horror..." Hahahaha...lol

My guess is that 'East-West' Maas will start against the Argos but he'll be on a shorter leash. Coaches tend to go with their veterans. And wasn't it amazing how Brock's own idiotic penalty nullifies his own TD! That just about sums up Brock in my book. Oh yeah, that and his endzone fumble giving Calgary a TD.

What I don't get is that if everyone's saying Maas isn't fully healed and can't throw more than 30 yards, what is he doing playing? Makes absolutely no sense.

An Argo-Cat fan