If Castillo is out, then who replaces him?

A thread to talk about what potential free agent kickers the Ticats might bring.

They had 6 other kickers try out this year, so just bring in one of them I assume.

Thoughts?

I see either an air lift OR phone calls to whomever was available in preseason camp…

Isn't Milo unemployed right now?
Gotta tip my hat to Faubert-Lussier for his punting and kickoff tonight. A stroke of luck, maybe, that he was dressed tonight after being not among the 44, for the past 4 games. He might have earned, in a strange way, a ticket to being dressed every game the rest of the way. Not sure who'd have been called upon if he wasn't there tonight?

Faubert-Lussier played his a$$ off tonight...No question about it!!!

Swayze Waters?

He would be on the more expensive side though. Regardless of being unemployed currently.

Vanderjet (aka idiot kicker) ::slight_smile:

NAT K/P Brett Lauther just got released from the ESKS a couple days ago.
Was a TiCats draft pick

Trade for NAT kicker Quinn Van Gylswykfrom SSK

Lauther would be cheap!

8)Swayze Waters is not currently unemployed at all !! ::slight_smile: :-[

He is a member of the Edmonton Eskimos !!

McCallum would be serviceable from the 47 in - plus he's a decent punter. Sergio never should have gone into chase mode - should have learned the #1 rule of kicking - when you miss, find an exit - and find it FAST. . . . . . fairies like Westwood & McCallum made a career of it.

He was dressed for the game in Ottawa (watched him practice punting in warm-up), and I’d be surprised that he wouldn’t have dressed in the other games, given that he is our backup kicker, and he’s been our only backup national receiver for weeks.

Faubert-Lussier was a game-day scratch for each the 3 games that followed the win @ Ottawa. Crash, in an earlier post, said, or maybe guessed, that Fantuz would have been the back-up kicker if F-B hadn't been dressed last night. But, Andy also wasn't dressed in the first 2 of the 3 games when Felix was a Reserve. Wonder who was the back-up for Castillo then?

Didn’t guess. Fantuz has kicked for us before I believe.

Masoli?

He’d sure give the other guys something to think about, lining up in punt formation.

I half expected F-L to run a fake punt play at some point. Presumably the guy knows how to run with the ball, and we know our coach loves to roll the dice.

Unfortunately...

DAM...
An acl tear on his kicking leg is a long road back, for a kicker/punter.

While he showed great heart, it wasn’t the smart thing to do…it wasn’t like he was the last defender with a shot at the returner.

Kicker or not... he's still a football player, and he followed his football instincts on that play to stop it. Can't blame the guy.

From the CFL website, which isn't always 100% up to date, here are the FA Kickers. I do believe for them to be listed on the site, it means they have been on a CFL roster at some point.

[tr][td]Decloux, Sean[/td]
[td]K[/td]
[td]I[/td]
[td]23[/td]
[td]Maine[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Early, Ray[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]K[/td]
[td]I[/td]
[td]25[/td]
[td]Furman[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Fera, Anthony[/td]
[td]K[/td]
[td]I[/td]
[td]26[/td]
[td]Texas[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Hawkins, Ryan[/td]
[td]K[/td]
[td]I[/td]
[td]23[/td]
[td]Northern Arizona[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Lauther, Brett[/td]
[td]K[/td]
[td]I[/td]
[td]26[/td]
[td]Saint Mary's[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Mark, Johnny[/td]
[td]K[/td]
[td]I[/td]
[td]25[/td]
[td]University of Calgary[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]McCallum, Paul[/td]
[td]K[/td]
[td]N[/td]
[td]47[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Medeiros, Zack[/td]
[td]K[/td]
[td]I[/td]
[td]26[/td]
[td]Western[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Ménard-Brière, Félix[/td]
[td]K[/td]
[td]I[/td]
[td]24[/td]
[td]Montreal[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Milo, Chris[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]K[/td]
[td]N[/td]
[td]30[/td]
[td]Laval University[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Ojala, Carl[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]K[/td]
[td]I[/td]
[td]29[/td]
[td]North Carolina State[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Peterson, Craig[/td]
[td]K[/td]
[td]I[/td]
[td]32[/td]
[td]Courtland[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Sabourin, Cole[/td]
[td]K[/td]
[td]I[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Edmonton Huskies Jr.[/td]
[/tr]

And add Grant Shaw & Kristopher Calcutt who are listed as FA Punters.