If Canada held the 2015 IFAF FWC....

I dont think I would embrace it,since I have no idea what it is,and if it is 4 downs,I have no intrest in it at all.

Good points BigDave :thup:

The only possible advantages I can see to Canadian football leagues outside of Canada are more experienced players for the CFL, possible investors/owners for the CFL, and perhaps some licensing revenue.

With all due respect BigDave, I could not disagree with you more. It has nothing to do with seeking external validation (there's plenty enough to validate this game). Rather, it is combating a case of Canadian parochialism, like somehow this great game is ours and ours alone, not to be shared, never to lay down roots in foreign soil. I suppose that hockey might have something to do with it. Did we lose OUR game, or did the world discover OUR game? I think that there's plenty to attract people to this game, but the place to begin is with the young - regardless of which side of the 49th (or elsewhere for that matter) they live. If you can get people playing the game, people will follow it - and all the "commercial" things that attract investors and attention will follow IMO. If there is to be a future - a long term future - we need to think about teams elsewhere in Canada and sponsored youth leagues in places where there is a demand. Failing to do that will (I fear) yield a contracting and marginalized game.
LTF