If B.C. loses to Hamilton - Heads will roll

I love BigDave as much as anyone for all the work he does for our weekly sweepstake guessing winners but would posters be so kind to BigDave if his name was LittleDave??? :wink: :lol:

Out on a limb boys, i think the Cats are gonna pull the W, and i don't think you can call it an upset against the Lions. This year anyway. Rider pounding on BC being of great help!!! :thup: Take BC down, they are getting like Montreal, ready to fall into mediocrate.

There is no chance in hell Hamilton wins in B.C. after the Lions' sloppy loss to the Riders this past week. Buono will have his unit angry and focused. It could be a blowout for the Lions, in fact.

I dont get why people whine about playing times , they have all week to prepare and if you think of it, it's only 3 hours difference , take a nap in the afternoon and you should be good to go . They are pro's are they not.

Dont worry about the defending 2008 Western Semi Final Divisional Champions we will be okay its early. What happened to your exclamation point button? Is it broken? I think you could get a new one at Future Shop official sponsor of the CFL.

sort of like the team that made it to the east final in 07' (Toronto) held it's own in '08 eh? Can't base things off the past. In the CFL, its very possible to go zero to hero and hero to zero in an instant. All us Ticat fans can do atm though is cross our fingers and hope for a win, because no matter how good this team is on paper, it never seems to translate onto the field which is pretty sad. I will say though, that our new DE Justin Hickman looks to be a rising star in this league.

Ticats started the Argo game Flat, and got nailed with some bad penalties,AGAIN_ if they can start strong and not get set back by game changing flags then it should be a entertaining game_About time zone agreed Lions games should be played sat afternoon or sunday, cant stand these weekday games!! for what ?a few hundred cottage owners in T.O?? who probably wouldnt go to a cfl game if you payed them anyway(nfl wanabees) :twisted:

I donā€™t think he is whining, but I dont believe that its a totally valid complaint either. Someone suggested that they leave a day earlier to adjust to the time change, and that is not a bad idea, but then if you schedule a game to accomodate the eastern time zone, wouldnā€™t you have to do the same thing when the Lions go to Hamilton? So, instead of a 7pm eastern start, why not 9pm easternā€¦ seems only fair.

Thatā€™s home field advantage

When do WE get home field advantage?

You can't compare a 10am start to a 2am finish. By 10 am most people are already at work. By 2 am most people are in bed.

Besides, you guys are kidding yourselves if you think the Lions play any significant number of afternoon games in the east! I've looked through the schedules for 2004-2009, and in that time the Lions have played/will play 20 games in the Eastern time zone. Of those, only 5 started before 3pm ET/12 PT. Only two since 2006. And both of those were in Montreal. And not since 2004 have they played more than one in a year.

Meanwhile, of the 20 games eastern-time-zone teams have played/will play in B.C., ALL TWENTY started at 10pm ET/7 PT or later.

I'm not saying they should play all their games in the afternoon, but NONE in SIX YEARS??? That's ridiculous!

The worst thing you can do is underestimate a team.

BC has to play this game as the most important game of their life. I think Hamiltons losing ways might be drawing to a close.

I hope so, for them and for the league. And what better time to start their winning ways than against the Lions ?!?!?!? :rockin: :stuck_out_tongue: :rockin:

to all the Hamilton win predictions; You guys either fell out of bed and landed on your heads this morning or more probable started into the booze way to early. Not a hope in hell.

Mmmm, booze ... mmm, good .... go Hamilton ...

And why exactly is this impossible? BC is nowhere near the team they were in '08 or iā€™d totally agree with you. Our front 7 got shaken up this week, DEā€™s: Justin Hickman and Khari Long. DTā€™s: Demonte Bolden and Darrell Adams. MLB: Otis Floyd OLBā€™s: Jamall Johnson and Markeith Knowlton. To the secondary. Halfbacks: Lawrence Gordon and Bo Smith. Cornerbacks: Chris Thompson and Geoff Tisdale. Safety: Sandy Beveridge. To the Offense. Tackles: LT- Alex Gauthier RT- Dan Goodspeed. Centre: Marwan Hage. Guards: LG- Peter Dyakowski RG- Cedric Gagne-Marcoux. Runningback: Deandra Cobb. Fullback: John Williams. Slotbacks: Chris Davis and Dave Stala. Wideouts: Prechae Rodriguez and Airese Currie. Quarterback: Quinton Porter. BC is missing Ian Smart, a key return man. If we can get a decent blitz in, Pierce will either be sacked or forced to throw it up for grabs. If our WRā€™s can step up and get open quicker, itā€™ll be alot easier to get first downs through the air. If Deandra Cobb sticks to his pre-season form, Caulley and Smithā€™s injuries wonā€™t affect us that much. Itā€™s not as much of a longshot as people think. Most people are still automatically associating the Ticats with losing and automatically give them the thumbs down every game. Tommorrow will tell wether the Ticats lose or not, not stupid predictions on this forum.

I wish Caulley were playing; he's the best RB we have now. :frowning:
On paper it certainly looks like the Lions will walk away with this. But in 2004, when Greg Marshall was in his first game as our head coach, and the Ticats were coming off a 1-17 season, nobody expected Hamilton to beat the Lions in Week 1. But they did. That's why they play the game on turf, not paper.
B.C. dominated Hamilton last season. B.C. is not as good as they were last year; Hamilton is better than they were last year. Whether there is enough difference to get the Cats a W, well, I'm not betting my paycheque on it. But I do believe it will at least be entertaining, and, who knows?

time for heads to roll i guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great game CATS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :rockin: :rockin:

What a game!

Congratulations, Hamilton - and BigDave! Hope you stayed up for that one!

Not that I saw it, but I kept checking the live tracker to keep up to date. Gotta admit, that's a lot better than it has been in previous years. A few things I'd like to see changed (how do you look up previous possessions, and a few more automatic refreshes), but way better than it used to be. The most amusing part was when they listed Winnipeg as calling a time out. Must be a new rule that non-playing teams in cities half-way across the country can call timeouts. :lol:

Anyway, hopefully this is the start of a great season for Hamilton (they need it!) and a long season for BC (helps my 'Riders. Although, for the record, I don't like to see any team terrible for long, but it would be okay if BC was mediocre for a few years. They'll still probably beat Saskatchewan enough for it to be annoying.)

what was that???