If Allen Goes Down?

Just posting for your and any interested parties' info, that's all. I also used to live with a girl that was named tonya, and she hated when people called her tanya... apparently the difference between the two names has stuck in my head way more than it needs to.

Wow for a second you had me worried there this mightve been the first thread you posted in and didnt bash the riders.

But back on topic the chances of allen getting hurt are pretty slim since this years als dont sack qbs theyre more into leering at them and hoping they fall down. The als play what i like to call the cardboard cutout defence basically they wont stop you unless you run right into them or throw right to them and i doubt allen is that dumb

Argofan
I agree that when AC got hurt last year it was not a dirty hit but it was not clean either. Let’s maybe call it dusty. Also a flag is not proof of anything.
If in 03 you are refering to when DA broke his leg, It was not a dirty hit.
TSN the Toronto Sports Network showed the replay enough times to see that Philon was blocked into Allen.

Tonya, I’ve been looking for you…LOL

Ok, ok. I'll drop the bounty suggestion. But to reiterate my other point of this thread, the Argos better have a running attack ready for Bishop, plenty of QB draws and rollouts. Because we know he's not as accurate as Allen.

No…but you’ll be Tanya Hardings new best friend :lol:

ro1313: I can agree that the hit was "dusty". (On the England hit on Calvillo). That's fair. on the hit on Allen that broke his leg, actually wasn't that last year?, I'm not convinced it was clean. Don't forget, Als All The Way, the "dusty" (I really do like that term, ro...mind if I use it?) hit on Calvillo was a SACK, not a late hit. Calvillo, I'm pretty sure, still had the ball.

Do most d-lineman try to injure? I doubt that. But I do believe that they try to inflict as much "fair pain" as possible. Do I think the Argo linemen are saintly, as you put it....NO! Don't be silly. Finally, Als All The Way, you seem really tense. Time to cut down on the caffeine a bit, big guy?

By the way, ro1313, when I say I'm not convinced that Philion's hit on Allen was clean, that also means I see a gray area where it may not have been dirty either.

I'm not trying to start a war with the Als fans....keep in mind, guys, the main point of my first comment on this thread that I don't believe for a minute that Matthews would put a contract out on Allen, or anybody else for that matter.

The Only thing accurate in Marty Yorks report was the date......Everything else.....?????

Actually, if you could see me sitting here in my underwear, beer in hand, you'd know that I'm quite relaxed (unlike my coworkers, who all seem a little on edge at this moment). Seriously, my writing style may come off as a little aggressive, but I'm really pretty chill when I'm here typing things (I'll let you in on a little secret, a lot of what I write is just to get a rise out of people!).

On the topic, it wasn't Philion that broke Allen's leg last year, I believe it was Anwar Stewart, and he was blocked and rolled into Allen's leg. It was really an unavoidable accident (as opposed to the avoidable accidents that Philion had in the East Final last year).

And I wasn't complaining about the hit on Calvillo, just reminding you that all players on all teams play a little outside the rules at times. In fact, I would say that Philion isn't even one of the dirtiest players in the league, in terms of volume of cheap shots. His "dusty" hits the last couple of years have just happened to injure a few high profile QBs. In fact, I don't think I can remember one instance this year of him coming even close to a late or dirty hit. He must be saving it up for Sunday!!!

Argofan
The reason I called the AC hit dusty(use it if you like) was not because it was a late hit but because I found it to be somewhat of a high hit. It hard to explain in writing. England grabbed him up around the shoulders and drove him into the ground and caused a shoulder injury where as most often(not always)you will see the QB grabbed lower, more towards the waist. Like I said it was not a dirty hit.

With Phillion the replay clearly showed that he was blocked into DA. Even the announcer had pointed that out and claimed it was an accident

OMG, that is FUNNY! I literally have tears streaming down my cheeks. To quote Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons: “There is no emoticon for what I’m feeling!” To quote Chris Walby: “Nice job!”

As for Marty York, I think his “sources” are the voices in his head.

There is no way Matthews put a bounty on anyone. That’s not to say one of the assistants – or maybe team ownership or management – didn’t do it without the Don’s knowledge. I’m not familiar enough with those guys to deny rumours about them. And it’s not to say the players haven’t mentioned within their tight-knit group that injuring Gramps should be their goal. But there’s no way Matthews has suggested it, or offered a financial reward for whoever brings him the head of Toronto’s quarterback. Matthews is sneaky, as I said; but everything underhanded he does is within the rules: the letter of the law, if not the spirit.

Als All The Way, that is hilarious!!!!! That's a better answer than i thought i going to get!! Does your boss know about the underwear thing? Love it! Good luck on Sunday, guys! Your answers almost guarantee my support of the Als (should they make it past the Argos) in the Grey Cup. (Referring to Als All the Way and ro1313).
One last small contention, though, ro: A lot of us criticize the commentators on this site. Just because one said it, does it make it true? welcome to Philosophy 101, Media Division as taught by your friendly Argofan4life.
Cheers, Guys.

I agree witht the commentator point but my point was he was blocked

IF Allen goes down...So does Toronto.

If there is a cash incentive, then that shows what kind of low class organization Montreal is. If you want to win, beat Damon.

First of all, anyone with the basic reading skills learned in grade 3 would already know that the cash incentive myth has been dealt with. Secondly, is the fan of a team with Roy Shivers, who if memory serves me correct went public about breaking Henry Burris' neck, actually calling another organization low class? Good job buddy, keep up the good work!

.....having trouble figuring out how it is that the comments of a GM automatically reflect the opinions of the fans as you imply here.....

Not saying it reflects the opinions of the fans, just suggesting that someone look at their own team's class, or lack thereof, before talking **** about others.

Okay.....I can agree to that.....but you have to admit that saying another team has the potential for low-class play doesn't mean you're disregarding your own team.....personally, I think this rumour is bogus, but I disagree with the actions of any team, including my own, that reflect a lack of class.....I definitely see your point, though.....

Actually if either QB goes down that team will be in trouble(Montreal has much more to worry about than Toronto). Personally I think that this is excuse preparing. If a QB does get hurt the fans will be able to cry foul and I told you so.

They are getting their excuses ready in case they are needed