I Wonder

Is the dissension on this board caused by long term Ticat fans OR by fans of other clubs trying to stir up the pot?
Will we see Charlie Taafe with a smile on his face this season?
When will we see consistency on the field from start to finish of the game?
How long will Bob Young "keep the faith" and stay interested in the Ticats?
Will Timmy Chang develop into the kind of QB who has longevity in the CFL?
If the Ticats start to gel and win games consistently, will the TSN broadcast team show them some respect?
Will Chris Schultz ever stop publicly laughing at the Ticats?
If the Argos don't win the Grey Cup this season will Marty York, Brian Williams et al disappear into the sunset?
Do we have a good nucleus for a dynasty football team just needing to improve upon a few players?

I'll give this a shot... why not.

Is the dissension on this board caused by long term Ticat fans OR by fans of other clubs trying to stir up the pot?

I think most are people that are new to the site that are stiring the pot. Long time fans accept this rebuild and know we're getting better. Anyone that talks boycott isnt a long time real fan.

Will we see Charlie Taafe with a smile on his face this season?

100% yes, i say this week.

When will we see consistency on the field from start to finish of the game?

Again, i believe this week... but it WILL happen soon.

How long will Bob Young "keep the faith" and stay interested in the Ticats?

At least until we win a championship... he's in this to turn a profit... and win.

Will Timmy Chang develop into the kind of QB who has longevity in the CFL?

With the proper coaching, and some time... he COULD.

If the Ticats start to gel and win games consistently, will the TSN broadcast team show them some respect?

I disagree with the question, i think they already have by talking about how we're much better than our record and we're gonna get better.

Again, im not sure that he does... i think by now everybody sarcastically laughs when talking about the ticats as the team that cant catch a break.

If the Argos don't win the Grey Cup this season will Marty York, Brian Williams et al disappear into the sunset?

If you throw Mark Lee in, i'll answer. Hes the biggest Argo Homer in the media.

Do we have a good nucleus for a dynasty football team just needing to improve upon a few players?

Dynasties are almost impossible in todays sport and even less possible in the CFL. With option years, NFL tryouts and free agency the only dynasties you see are coaches and GM's constantly building around different players.

What I have noticed is that the most negative . self centred , oafish , arrogant , one sided , looking for arguement not discussion , hater posters have all joined in June or July of 2007...........

Maybe they are spies.

The real question is why are they still here with the personal attacks and slanderous posts .....MODS ?
Nine golden rules !!!!!!

My guess is family members, friends or fans of players that just joined the team.

he's in this to turn a profit...
has Bob said this, cause I dont beleive it for one second. I think bob is in this because he is a ticatCFL fan.

I disagree with the question, i think they already have by talking about how we're much better than our record and we're gonna get better.

I guess I should have rephrased that. What I meant to say was would the TSN broadcast team give up some of the time they spend talking about the Argos even on the nights they are not playing.

Again, im not sure that he does... i think by now everybody sarcastically laughs when talking about the ticats as the team that cant catch a break.

I have seen 'Schultzie' out and out laugh at the Ticats, once last season and once this year. Certainly last season would seem justified to some people however broadcast personnel should report the facts and express their opinion in a professional manner, not in a mocking tone, just shows no class, slightly above Walby actually.

Bob is a business man first. He wouldnt enter anything to lose money. And i believe he did say that at some point in his first year. But i would never be able to find the quote.

I agree wholeheartedly with your analysis. Good post, and a great topic by the original author. (I would say 'Baldy' but I find it weird referring to people by online names! :wink:)

• paul
I think most are people that are new to the site that are stiring the pot. Long time fans accept this rebuild and know we're getting better. Anyone that talks boycott isnt a long time real fan
I dont really think that how long someone has been on the site or has posted has anything to do with how much of a fan they are. Newcomers dont stir the pot anymore than longtime posters. Everyone will smile when the team turns this mess around and until then we are and will continue to be laughed at by anyone who is not a diehard ticat fan. I know some lifelong diehard ticat fans who are new to this site and informed football people. They will disagree at times to certain posts and opinions but because they only have 50 or less posts they are calles trolls, stirring the pot, troublemakers etc especially if disagreeing to one of the longtime posters. Its not fair to them to be treated that way. Longtime posters need to lighten up on here and welcome the diversity of opinions.

I wonder if the dissension's just because everyone's a little bit hungry.

Cliques become very sensitive and closed minded when they control forums on the internet. Their interests do not always include wanting to hear the truth. Can such a situation develop here? You bet!

You can always ignore them and play a better ball game with the wiser fans who come here. Then they can focus on picking the spats with each other instead with the real fans they call trolls.