I WATCHED A GAME ON BROADBAND

ME AND SOME OF OUR FRIENDS WATCHED A CFL GAME ON BROADBAND AND TO BE HONEST BESIDES NOT KNOWING THE RULES IT WAS A DECENT GAME IT REMINDS OF ALOT OF BACKYARD FOOTBALL BUT TO A GUY WHO HAS PLAYED AND IS A TRUE FAN I FOOTBALL I CAN CARELESS WHERE ITS PLAYED OR WHO PLAYING IT.....COMPARING THE CFL TO THE NFL EVEN THOUGH THE NFL TALENT POOL IS BETTER IT WAS A OKAY GAME COMPARED TO ARENA FOOTBALL....SO WHAT I THINK YALL SHOULD DO IS NOT TRY TO COMPETE WITH THE US STYLE GAME.I WENT TO THE TORONTO NEWSPAPER AND THERE WAS MORE WRITE UPS ABOUT THE NFL THAN THE CFL AND TO ME THATS A SHAME BECAUSE THATS A CANADIAN LEAGUE...YALL NEVER SEE AMERICANS TALKING ABOUT THE CFL.SO I THINK THIS IS A ABOUT CANADIAN NATIONAL PRIDE STOP TRYING TO BE LIKE AMERICANS AND BASHING THE NFL BECAUSE IN REALITY WE DONT BASH YOU WE DONT REALLY THINK ABOUT YALL LIKE THAT TO BE HONEST

I won't ask the newbie to learn grammar or spelling, but could you at least please just touch your Caps Lock key, just once?

Thank you.

Cool Sandusky.

Caps lock off please - it makes it look like you're shouting :slight_smile:

Glad you liked the game. We all love 'em too.

Not much NFL bashing going on though. We all know the talent pool is better and there's a lot more money around the NFL, but that doesn't mean the talent in the CFL is necessarily less. Mostly it's just a difference in the types of players needed for our game. We still get many first-rate players here (both Canadian and American).

The CFL is more popular in Canada than the NFL by the way, so we definitely aren't trying to be like Americans - not that there would be anything necessarily wrong with that. Don't put too much stock in what you read in Toronto papers. They tend to be all self-absorbed and reflect a percieved notion (correctly or not) that the NFL is the big time and the CFL is not. Nobody outside of Toronto really gives a hoot (including me and I live in the States).

There are wannabe Americans in Canada for sure, but the vast majority of Canadians are very patriotic and proud of the CFL. We respect the NFL as a fine league with some great football but we still love our game more. That's just the way it is.

Thanks for checking out a game

:rockin:

Trust me when I tell you we are not trying to be like you! You are the one who comes to the CFL site because you want to be like us!

Now for a really important question!

What part of “turn off your cap lock” do you not understand?

Is the comment "IT REMINDS ME OF BACKYARD FOOTBALL" supposed to be a compliment?

And what was it that we did that showed you, we were trying "TO COMPETE WITH THE US STYLE GAME" ?

Now, when it comes to, "YALL NEVER SEE AMERICANS TALKING ABOUT THE CFL" . . .

I have seen the CFL mentioned on espn's Pardon The Interruption.

The CFL is broadcast on U.S. Television,

I have heard John Madden talk about CFL numerous times during his broadcasts of NFL games

When Jeff Garcia was doing his little streak with The Eagles last year the promo NFL was playing began like this . . . "He comes from the land where second down is really third down. . ."

So yeah YALL do talk about CFL.

And when it comes to the comment "STOP TRYING TO BE LIKE AMERICANS" only a sick-minded, gun-toting, ignorant, yankee, redneck, pigfamring, fool would ever think anything that happened on this website was us trying to be like Americans!

Oh yeah, one more thing. Thanks for watching our game, Cheers.

.. has anyone ever heard of not feeding the trolls like sandusky?

He is sooooo totally NOT going to understand you unless you write completely improperly, and type all aggressive-like.....

You guys take his comments WAY too seriously.

I'm really not sure he's intending to be a troll. It could be that he just doesn't express himself well in writing.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Thrillin!
You left out Warren Moon thanking the CFL!

....I applaud your sense of kindness rpaege, but trust us here, the bro from sandusky is not as sincere as you might think he is...everything he posts about is how lame the CFL is and how we should just change our league to suit what he considers to be a 'better' game, NFL style...no amount of discussion permits him to see that his opinion is caustic and condescending....yet he continues to show up...why? one would ask....why continue to surf this forum and only slag our league?....perhaps this single point shows that his intentions are not remotely honourable.....

I agree with RW!
This guy has come here telling us the games is inferiour and the rules need to be changed all the while admitting he has never seen a game(before this post)
We all know what it is that he wishes to express!

Backyard football! The size of the field is not the size of a postage stamp my friend it is large. Unless you have a backyard in rural Texas I think you are out of touch. Bashing of the leagues only occurs with the warped Toronto area fans. These fans dislike anything Canadian. They are want to be americans. The fact is in Calgary we have one of htelargest populations of americans outside of the USA. Yet many who have lived here have grown to love the CFL. That does not mena you can not watch the NFL or dislike the NFL. The games differ and that is how you need to look at it. Opinions on both sides of the border will vary of course. Just like your taste in cars. The problem though is why would any one come onto a CFL site and want to talk about the NFL? I go to some of the NFL sites yet there is never a discussion about the CFL on there. So why is it? The CFL being the oldest league causes some to be jealous so they feel the need to come to the cfl site to brag about their preference of the NFL league. I mean seriously we get to watch both leagues up here and we do know the difference. We do not require an american fan to come on here to tell us. How many (CFL) games have you been exposed to make such a comparison?
There are many americans that have watched the cFL and NFL and choose to follow the Canadian game. That is good I suppose but really their choosing. I would not go out of my way to convince anyone other wise.
So the real question is what are you doing here?

I agree with this guy he sure knows what he is talking about.

The backyard football compairi is in some ways correct. Backyard football tends to be pass heavy, free flowing, creative, and lots of fun.

Geez people. Get some thicker skin. It’s not worth getting all worked up and namecalling.

...namecalling?...who's guilty of that?....

...anyway, just trying to enforce Forum Guideline #3, and with great leeway I might add, at least the mods do not instantly zap his posts.....

They should...THEN EGGAND MABE HEZ BIN DAMAJED IN IRAK

Oh, that was me.

I said something to the effect of . . . “only a sick-minded, gun-toting, ignorant, instigating, yankee, redneck, pigfamring, fool would ever think anything that happened on this website was us trying to be like Americans!”

The good news is . . . I stand by my comments.

As a Canadian CFL fan, I’m not really familiar with Sandusky (unless you’re referring to Jim :slight_smile: – oops! showing my age there!) but if he is trolling, maybe the reason he keeps coming back is because we keep feeding his sick obsession. If he is not, and simply has difficulty expressing himself properly, then we have no reason to get offended by his post.

If we just ignore him, he’ll go away.