I was wrong

Well, it turns out I was wrong.

About a week, maybe a week and a half ago, I can't remember, I predicted that the Eskimos would lose this game. I thought they'd lose for a lot of reasons... They weren't playing that well (they'd lost 5 of 6). The road hasn't been a kind place to them (they're 13-29 on the road since 2005), and Toronto is an especially tough place for them to play. And we'd split the other three Eastern series this season, so I figured we'd do the same with Toronto (and I suppose we still can).

So I didn't think this game was a gimme like everyone else seemed to... and it certainly wasn't. Edmonton had to fight. Thanks to a bad play by Carter and a good play by Bertrand, Edmonton was able to build up a lead.

But I was still wrong. I said Toronto would win, but they lost.

Interestingly enough, I was going to mention in the game topic that I thought Toronto would end its passing TD slump against Edmonton, but I forgot... :frowning: Got a little too wrapped up in the second half... :lol:

Not to worry Chief,

You may still be hosting Saskatchewan in a play off game at Commonwealth yet! :lol: :lol:

Well, I wouldn't say a home playoff game is in our future... bit too optomistic, I think. :lol:

If we can sweep Toronto, we might stand a chance of crossing over, but it'd still be an incredibly slim chance... And just for the sake of argument, let's say the Eskimos do make the playoffs via the crossover. I won't be happy.

Making the playoffs via the crossover once in a while is fine... making the playoffs two years in a row via the crossover says something about your team: You're not good enough to play in the West. Go play with the kids in the East.

I'd like the Eskimos to make the playoffs in their own division.

Just admit it looking at the beatdowns the als have been serving the Eskimos the last couple years, you know you your boys don't' have a prayer of beating them 8)

You got Calgary Toronto and BC, One win maybe two, BC is beatable

BC Has Winnipeg, Calgary, Saskatchewan and Edmonton One win maybe two, that last meeting in BC could be huge!

Winnipeg has Montreal twice, BC and Hamilton I see one win but probably 0-4

Hamilton has Winnipeg, Toronto, Monteal and Saskatchewan, I see two maybe three wins.

Cross over to the East is a strong possibility. I see Calgary Cranking it up down the stretch. Too many people are writting off the Stamps after the loss in Montreal. Don't know why, Montreal is the BEST team in the league.

I don't know... Calgary I think is a definite loss. Toronto is a winnable game. B.C. is harder to gage... We haven't played well against B.C in the last few years, and just looking at the games in B.C. Place from 05-08, Edmonton is 1-6. Not a great record.

It'll definitely be a wild finish in the West this season. Could be the most exciting finish we've seen in a while.

It happens to the best of us Chief. :wink:

Other than the Argos that are now out of it, some interesting chapters to be written as we wind down the season.

I'm not sure what to make of the Esks chances. They'll need to play better than they did tonight to win any of the games they have left IMO.

The Lions will be lucky to win more than 1 of their last 4 IMO.

The Bombers will have a tough time with Montreal but the Lions and Ticats are definitely beatable.

Hamilton is having a lot of problems right now and I can see them going 0-4 to end the season. Keep in mind that two of the Argos wins this season have been against the Ticats.

As for the Stamps, their passing game has sucked for basically 4 straight games. Reynolds bailed them out a couple of times with good numbers on the ground. If they don't turn it around they may find themselves struggling to make the playoffs.

Chief, the best remedy for any CFL team in a slump this year IS to play the Argos. :frowning:

Chief- give up on those Esks and come from the dark side to the land of milk and honey and optimism and hope and join the Rider Priders . Sins are forgiven once you come over and you'll discover:
RIDER PRIDE NATION WIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry, turkey, but I'd have to give up on the Eskimos and the Tiger-Cats in order to join the Riders. They're my third favourite team. :wink: :lol: