I saw....

.....discipline and (relative) consistency....for the first time in cough seven or more years, I saw a team that both came to play AND played a full game, and executed to the point where I wasn't nervous that a beautiful pass wasn't a sure drop.....and Austin looking peeved at missed plays? Nice!!!

I'm not getting ahead of myself, but early indications are that I'm growing more and more pleased with all changes to this team by the day.....

It's definatley fun to see some passion from this team.

i totally agree. with the past coaching staff, having a lead like that at the half would of caused me to think, "well, how are we going to screw this up" And, to tell the truth, no such thought crossed my mind.

I like the "new look" riders. NOt so much that we a few different players, its just the feeling a energy that is coming from this team this year is sooo awazming. THat kinda buzz is hard to describe. Its like, we are not the losing fools we were for most of the 90's, we are now considered a very well coached team that has a shot.

Whats wrong? Got a cold?

It was refreshing to see our rookie headcoach out coach Higgins as well. I was sure we'd see some growing pains to start the year, maybe 0-3 but they've come out playing very good football.

Nope jman....not a cold...just wasn't a fan of the country club the previous regime ran.....

Dust, i love your little quote there. Its funny, yet it is so true! :lol: :lol:

I do agree that there is a good “buzz” with the team right now. Now when was the last time I felt that energy? Oh yes…2000!!
The big difference is that the 1999 team was the worst Rider team I have seen play in the 35 years I’ve been a season ticket holder, while the 2006 team was as talented a squad as any in the league, but simply underachieved.
Hopefully we can maintain the “vibe” throughout the season, and achieve what I expect–a first place finish and a home play-off game!!

I love your gusto, Gotts!!

Agree jm, there is a new look of confidence this year. Maybe Tillman and Austin are exactly what the organization needed.

Im just hoping Austin and the coaching staff keep the team looking ahead to the next game and not celebrating the past wins like the previous years seem to.

An good example of the perfection that has been instilled in the players is when Matt D kicked the bench after joseph overthrew him out of bounds. I don't think they will be celebrating the past, Kent said it was no where near perfection that is the attitude i like.

I remember the last 7 years, when we had a bad play Barrett would sometimes be clapping, kinda trying to keep our guys in it, but it just looked dumb. Austin dosen't do that at all. He seems to keep everyone in line.

Are you sure? I think coughing is a symptom of a cold…

Not even close...I wanted Mr. Obnoxious and Mr. Cheerleader out for a looong time....got what I wanted, and I'm not sorry about it at all...so it's time to accept the fact that not everyone was a fan.

I do agree that there is a good "buzz" with the team right now. Now when was the last time I felt that energy? Oh yes...2000!! The big difference is that the 1999 team was the worst Rider team I have seen play in the 35 years I've been a season ticket holder, while the 2006 team was as talented a squad as any in the league, but simply underachieved. Hopefully we can maintain the "vibe" throughout the season, and achieve what I expect--a first place finish and a home play-off game!!

I love your gusto, Gotts!!

haha, thanks. That is what i bring to the table everytime i sit down to eat! :lol: