I predict a win next game at IWS vs. Argos

Anyone else?

I hope we get Casey, Jesse and Tony back next week.

I predict we will play just good enough to lose it. It's what we've done all year. Nothing will change although I hope I am wrong.

argos 42
ticats 11

Ooooo...scores alerady.

I'll wait till later in the week to see the status of our number 1 QB, number 1 RB and number 1 receiver.

We'll definately score more than 11. Toronto's defence is not only old, it also looks lost without Stubler running that show. That claim to excellence has finally passed them by.

Captain,

What is the word on Lumsden`s injury? Will he be back next week? Also, due to work and family. I could only catch bits and pieces of tonights game. Since, I do trust your football knowledge, can the coaches be blamed for tonights, loss?

No word on his injury yet. He stayed dressed and on the sideline and tried to run it off. They showed him with a slight limp and wincing. The TV crew reported that Lumsden heard a "pop" around his achilles. Obvioulsy not torn, I'd venture an early guess that it's just a muscle strain in the calf.

As far as blame goes, I dunno. A combination of mental mistakes, and play selection and execution. A little bit of everything. I can't single out one thing other than it looked like an inexperienced team with new coaches trying new schemes vs. an experienced Calvillo, Cahoon and Watkins.

Keep in mind we were missing our number one QB, RB and receiver. How well would have Montreal fared without the likes of Calvillo, Cobourne and Cahoon?

So, injuries are partly to blame too.

Thanks Captain,

So maybe, Im reading into this, but do you think its time for Taaffe to go?

You know, I think Obie is going to get rid of him, either this week or next.

Not quite yet. Beating Toronto next week is very possible and a victory should buy him time.

(P.S. Check my previous post that answered your question for additonal info after I edited it)

Actually,

Even though I believe Printers is the better quarterback. I dont think he would have fared better. Lumsden, well... the guy has the worst luck of any RB I have seen in ages. He just cant stay healthy. We are missing Miles.

But really, we do have talent. I think the coaching staff just isnt prepared like they should be. There is no way, Taaffe should have been allowed to take in Bellefeuille. Creehan isnt a good Defensive Coordinator. Past history reflects on that. Time for a coaching housecleaning. I hope that Obie takes his time in the selection and we stick with the new coaching staff for a very long time, as well as our players.

I hear ya. I really do!

But I'm sick and tired of starting over again, and again and again ad nauseum.

At what point do you decide to stick it out, allow both coaches and players to learn from mistakes and adjust accordingly?

I don't have the answer.

But Captain,

Were not starting over. Ive said this a few times. Keep the players. We have a good core. But Taaffe just isnt the man for the job. He doesnt have that killer instinct we need on our team. I dont think he gives the team any direction or confidence. The coaching staff isn`t a strong one. This team has the talent to win under the right supervision.

At what point do you decide to stick it out, allow both coaches and players to learn from mistakes and adjust accordingly?
When we find the ones who make progress and can learn from mistakes and adjust accordingly. There is no evidence to suggest the current staff can or is willing to. The players are coming together slowly but the coaching is still really the main thing holding back this team in my opinion.

Do you not, at the very least, give them a half of a season?

The next 3 games would do that. How many wins vs. Toronto, Winnipeg and Toronto again?

If all three are losses, then sure, cut 'em loose. I’d keep them if we win 2. What do you do if we go 1-2 in the next three?

Dare I even dream of 3 straight wins?

If this team ever gets in the playoffs with charlie coaching we will probably look back on a loss because of a bad coaching decision. Imagine losing a grey cup because charlie didnt know what to challenge? or called a timeout early for no reason? or because there wasnt enough men on the field for a field goal? or because he gave up two safetys? or failed to adjust properly?
No matter how good the talent is this team is still gonna lose games because of coaching errors. It might not matter now because the team loses so many anyways but........if they ever do compete for the playoffs, charlie will screw it up in the end. Talent can win games but coaching can lose games, especially close ones when one bad choice or lack of knowledge of the rules can decide a season. Obie will find the players but without proper coaching they will still lose some games they should win.

Could the dumb playcalling be Marcel trying to stab Charlie in the back in hopes of taking over as HC? Hasn't it been suggested that Stubler let his QBs start calling their own plays due to suspicion of such a game by Steve Buratto?

Remember, Obie chose Denny and Marcel, Charlie didn't...

Beetlejuice wrote,

If this team ever gets in the playoffs with charlie coaching we will probably look back on a loss because of a bad coaching decision. Imagine losing a grey cup because charlie didnt know what to challenge? or called a timeout early for no reason? or because there wasnt enough men on the field for a field goal? or because he gave up two safetys? or failed to adjust properly?
No matter how good the talent is this team is still gonna lose games because of coaching errors. It might not matter now because the team loses so many anyways but........if they ever do compete for the playoffs, charlie will screw it up in the end. Talent can win games but coaching can lose games, especially close ones when one bad choice or lack of knowledge of the rules can decide a season. Obie will find the players but without proper coaching they will still lose some games they should win.

Agreed Beetlejuice,

It`s time to start looking for new coaches.

the Cap'n wrote" "But I'm sick and tired of starting over again, and again and again ad nauseum. "

Cap'n. I don't know of anyone on this forum who is suggesting we need to start over again.
From what I have read (and posted) the feeling is that we have a strong core of talent but its not being used properly. That's why we point the finger at the man who is ultimately responsible......Charlie.
He should have the final say on the offensive and defensive game plan before the game and make the changes he thinks are necessary. It looks to me as if he lets the two co-ordinators do what they want...even when the game is lost.

One more thing....I notice you want Casey back ASAP. Maybe a couple of games off might help him and at the same time give Ritchie more experience. I thought Ritchie gave us some darned good quarterbacking last night despite the fact he had to scramble way too may times. His passing was strong and accurate all through the game and his receivers worked hard for him. Have we ever looked any better at the QB spot since the beginning of last season? Casey does the faking better but....its still 1-5.

But that's what you should do with good co-ordinators. Ultimately, yes the HC is responsible.

I thought Ritchie gave us some darned good quarterbacking last night despite the fact he had to scramble way too may times. His passing was strong and accurate all through the game and his receivers worked hard for him. Have we ever looked any better at the QB spot since the beginning of last season?
I wasn't impressed by the QBing at all. Too many mental mistakes. ie. that brutal foot first slide, brutal interception throwing off his back foot into triple coverage, settling for patterns that were consistently way too short on 2nd down, horrible deep passes that we're luck to catch, accuracy needs improvement as wide open receivers are falling to make catches instead of being hit in stride as Calvillo does.

Full credit to his running and his decisions to run, though. ( other than the bonehead slide of course)

I think it's Pritners that needs the rep so that he can find his old form.

Ham 31 Tor 28

Vandercrap will miss the game tying field goal!

if lumsden is playing next week, i wanna see him getting the ball 20 times like he did last time we played the blue team.