I have to admit...

you have to be a bit nervous that the team is only concentrating on one guy to sign thus far.

I feel the team can do more to get new players.

or else it will be last season all over again.

papazoola told me this...

and although I appellate his comment, I still feel a little uneasy.

I hope we don't get anymore stupid comments like that "everyone is a threat in the West, except Winnipeg", which would be a great quote to put up on RW sticky.

WARNER RETURNS TO BLUE BOMBERS

Tuesday, March 7, 2006 - 12:00PM

An area of strength for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers is about to get a whole lot stronger with today’s signing of defensive end Ron Warner.

This is Warner’s second stint with the Blue Bombers. Warner originally signed with Winnipeg just prior to training camp in 2000. He recorded six quarterback sacks, 19 defensive tackles, one special teams tackle, two tackles for losses and one pass knockdown in just nine games that season.

“We believe the addition of Ron Warner will strengthen an already talented group on the defensive line,� said Blue Bombers general manager Brendan Taman.

“As he has shown throughout his career, Ron has the ability to get to the quarterback and disrupt what opposing offences are trying to do. Adding Ron will make the defensive line a very interesting group to watch in training camp.�

In 2004, Warner played in 14 games with the NFL’s Washington Redskins. He registered nine defensive tackles, 3.5 quarterback sacks, one pass knockdown and one interception that he returned 39 yards. Warner was also a member of the Redskins in 2003, appearing in five games and recording five tackles after signing as an unrestricted free agent on Aug. 2, 2003. He was released by the Redskins just prior to the 2005 season.

Prior to joining Washington, Warner spent one season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2002. He appeared in four games with Tampa Bay, where he appeared in four games and was a solid contributor on special teams. He spent all of 2001 on the Bucs’ practice roster.

Warner was signed by the Chicago Bears on Dec. 22, 1999 and spent time on the team’s practice roster. He was released the following month and signed with the Bombers later that year.

The Kansas native began his pro career in 1998 with the New Orleans Saints after being selected in the seventh round (239th overall) of that year’s NFL Draft. A pre-season knee injury limited him to just one game that season. He garnered four tackles in the Saints season finale against the Buffalo Bills. He attended training camp with the Saints in 1999 and also spent time on the practice rosters of the Washington Redskins and Chicago Bears that season.

Warner was a collegiate standout with the University of Kansas. In just two seasons he became the school’s all-time sack leader with 20.5 sacks. Warner was a first-team All-Big 12 Conference pick, the first Kansas linebacker to earn all-conference honours since 1995. He set a school record in his senior season with 14.5 sacks and 20.5 tackles for losses.

a ray of hope it seems!

the truth of the matter is, last year winnipeg really was a rebuilding team, we got some key guys over the season, example: malbrough. plus found our best combination of the O-line, and our DB's are all strung together. now with our new coaching staff with doug berry and greg marshall(defensive guru) and all these guys we got together last season and during the off season, fexample:barrin simpson, ron warner, Quinn. and everyone of our starters actually getting to learn and play together and not be switched up every game like last year we will become a stable competitor, especially with doug berry working on Kevin, and Quinn! we'll have a winning season Kanga, willing to put my car on the line!

by winnipeg they obviously meant saskatchewan. where as every other team in the west has made nesesary changes, all the riders have done is lost their kicker and their best reciever. that's what i call good gm'ing........