I Guess I'm Going to the Classic.

Working in Calgary for a couple of months on a short term contract.. Im doing 60 hours a week, but they gave us the long weekend off.. I assumed the Labour Day Classic was long sold out..
Gee, was I ever wrong. There are more than a couple thousand seats available.. I have been to BC Place, Empire Field, Commonwealth, Mosaic, CanadInns, and IGF and Skydome. However I have never been to McMahon.. I guess it is all a perfect storm... The only question is how the hell do I get there?.. Driving is useless, and there is no LRT.. Does anyone know how to go?

hitch hike

[url=https://www.google.ca/maps/place/McMahon+Stadium/@51.0703813,-114.1214653,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x53716fa404414271:0xf0f4b301ee305ac8]https://www.google.ca/maps/place/McMaho ... 01ee305ac8[/url]

Amazing what the internet comes up with.

Where are you in Calgary. There is an LRT line that goes to that stadium - that is how I got there when I went to a game there.

The LRT stop is denoted by the little blue icon just to the right of the stadium on that googlemap link above near '23 Ave NW'

Is there an LRT stop? OK.. I guess it is easy then.. I hope its a decent game.. We know Nichols wont be there to stink it up anyways..lol

I edited my answer above noting you can see the LRT stop on that googlemap link. It is the little blue icon to the right of the stadium on that map right at ‘23 Ave NW’.

I predict Bungle will be on the board as soon he he gets back from the game with all that was wrong with it, and he will find lots to complain about. I have faith in Bungle. You go girl. :cowboy:

LOL
I’m laughing so hard right now I could fall out of my chair. That was very good dcmoses. :thup: I love these forums. You just can’t miss feeling the love.

LDC should be in Edmonton

I'll be looking at all of the empty seats and counting them and then going under the stands to look to see how many people are hiding.. You realize that I only complain when games are not played at a professional level.. Expecting to see players do their jobs and not take stupid penalties ,and to know their assignments ,and to not drop easy passes is expecting too much from the second most talented league in the world,then I am guilty as charged

And here it is folks !!!! Bungle's Labour Day Classic post game commentary direct from Calgary :lol:

Also don't forget to wear yer ball cap there Bungle, that way you'll be easy to spot in that big crowd for all of us watching on TV. :smiley:

Dude, there is an LRT station only a 5 minute walk to the stadium. With all the road construction going on around the stadium this summer, this is the best way to get there in any case for awhile. The past few weekends along Crowchild Trail near the stadium has been one major parking lot really, so forget going there with car. Park and ride from some C-Train station to get down there. Banff Trail station is your entry/exit point.

[url=https://www.calgarytransit.com/sites/default/files/content/PDF/ct-line-map-aug-2014.pdf]https://www.calgarytransit.com/sites/de ... g-2014.pdf[/url]

Supposed to be +16C and mixed sun and cloud on Monday. I think a lot of people held off getting tickets since currently it’s only +6 and raining in Calgary since yesterday and Sunday won’t be much better until warming up on Labour Day Monday.

Cheapest tickets are at Safeway, but that is a no alcohol zone. Also can check around local pubs for good package deals, although their shuttle buses will have to leave really early due to road construction all around the stadium. Sport Chek used to sell Stamps single game tickets, but they stopped doing that last season for some reason. Final choice is Ticketmaster.

Mr Bungle
They are all jealous you get to go to the Alberta classic
Sure it will be 36,000 strong - get close to a camera and wave to all the posters -
Who knows you may start Bungle Mania !!

Ah yes, like the Detroit Lions. 10 consecutive losing seasons this century, 12 of their last 14, 1-11 in their last 12 playoff games since their last title in 1957, no playoff wins since 1991 and the only 0-for-the-season team since the 40s that was not a new franchise.

Quality football every Sunday in the Motor City from the so-called most talented league in the world. :lol:

LRT...definitely

If that doesn't work as LRT is expensive, you can use my bike. might be a little small for you but!! Its free.

It's a Noralco Limited Addition :stuck_out_tongue: :cowboy:

And don’t forget to wear your helmet Bungle. :lol: :stuck_out_tongue:

It bungles my mind to try to figure out how you could have ever come to the conclusion that there is no LRT to the stadium. You didn’t mention that there “doesn’t appear to be” but stated emphatically that there wasn’t. That tells me there was some research involved on your part. My suggestion would be to take a cab. No way you could pull of the logistics required for a successful LRT navigation without outside help. :lol:

Hey, flagging down a cab ain’t all that easy…maybe he should “phone a friend”?

Get a ticket on the West side.

If you sit on the East side the sun will be in your eyes all day.

Have fun.