I dont understand???

What I dont understand is that coming into last weeks game Lumsden was listed as day to day, so I figured he would be definatly good to go for this week, but I read that now he is listed as doubtfull? Did he reinjure his ankle in practice or something? or are our doctors just keeping him out like they did against the stamps when he was actully ok to go just as a precaution becuase of the bye week next week which would make him good for labour day. Does anyone know whats up?

GO CATS

Sounds like you covered all the bases...

I know that were doing all right in the running back depth. It is fustrating when they say he is day to day. Now it will end up being a few weeks to see him play again.

Management is probably not saying a thing, but do guys think, it`s ligament problems?

It could be.

A sprained ankle can easily afffect ligaments and last at least this long.

It is what it is. A sprained ankle. I don’t see what they’re trying to hide and why.

Thats a good explanation Captain. Too bad we dont get to see Jesse for a couple more weeks

As painful as it is for me to throw this gas into the fire again...perhaps a change of position is appropriate? Tight End?

As painful as it is for me to throw this gas into the fire again...perhaps a change of position is appropriate? Tight End?
If he keeps getting injured like this, it`s a good idea. It`ll probably extend his career a few years. I`ll guess we`ll have to wait and see.

I know Jesse is exciting to watch but Caulley played fantastic last week. I would even dare to say that he is a more well-rounded RB than Jesse, and more durable.

i did'nt want this thread to turn ridiculus i just wanted to know if anyone knew what was really going on with him. He is better than Caully......come on get real.

not if he can never play.

He still walks with a slight limp.

The medical staff hasn’t allowed him
to take ANY reps with the Offence.

He is not ready to play, IWSY.

8) A sprained ankle, depending on its severity, can take as long to fully heal as a broken ankle.
 It is a long slow frustrating process.

Tony Miles, with his hamstring problem has already been out for almost a month !!  When he will return to action is still uncertain !!

Are there tight ends in the CFL???..thought that went out with Peter Dalla Riva?
All we see these days is extra guys on the line who usually block the LBs on short yardage plays.

Jesse is a wonderful talent, but I don’t think that his strongest supporters would say that he has a great set of hands.

Ya gotta run him till he can’t do it anymore… kinda cruel sounding but that’s football.

Kinda harsh to say this but as long as theres a back in there that can run for 100 yards (and both of our backups can with a good performance from the OL) then I dont care who starts.

This really is getting old, waiting to see if Jesse can play from week to week.

Nobody's fault and im not expecting the team to handle it any different, but at this point i just assume he isnt playing.

Als4ever wrote,

Are there tight ends in the CFL???..thought that went out with Peter Dalla Riva?
All we see these days is extra guys on the line who usually block the LBs on short yardage plays.

Jesse is a wonderful talent, but I don’t think that his strongest supporters would say that he has a great set of hands.

Ya gotta run him till he can’t do it anymore… kinda cruel sounding but that’s football.

Im not saying , presently, they should put him in as a tight end. With continual injury, maybe? Thats a big “if”

I think he could be very effective. He has good enough hands to catch a screen pass.

I think he could play Thursday but since Cauley did such a nice job last game and there is a two week layover, the Cats probablywant to take advantage of the extra time to make sure Lumsden is in for Labour Day....
I'm not sure the same is true for Printers however. I think he is ready to play.

For a guy who claims he doesn’t understand you seem to have a pretty firm grasp on what’s going on in my opinion.

For the first time in many years we actually have quality backups at several positions and don’t have to rush our injured starters back into position.

If Lumsden is not 100%, which it would appear he is not…then I don’t want him to play. We have talent at the backup position. Let Lumsden take it easy until he is 100%

I think he could play Thursday
8) No, he can't play, and he won't play !!!
 It has nothing to do with Calley's play of last week at all.  Jesse is physically not able to play this week at all !!!!!

Based on what?

Good point. In fact, depending on how many times you sprain your ankle and how badly, they may never fully heal. The ligaments in my ankles are permanently stretched from playing football and I didn’t even play professionaly. That’s why you see so many players with their ankles taped up over their shoes.