I don't know about the rest of you, but...

I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't wait for the new season to start. I am not even over my Grey Cup Hangover, and I want MORE

Yup...come check out my free agent proposal thread.

Kel

That's because your team won.

I'm a Ticat fan. I'll take a break from the misery, thank you. :cry:

Cheer up my Ticat friend, Training Camp '08 is but 6 months away. It'll be a chance to wipe the slate clean again for a fresh start. There aren't alot of positives for Esks fans either, although in both our cases we were fortunate to find out that we had backup QBs (LeFors and Williams) who could step in. So hey, gotta keep the positives in mind, and hope the negatives get solved before kickoff in '08.

I have to say I'm more excited about having Richie Williams in camp than Casey Printers. While I believe Printers is the better QB, the Cats haven't had a backup this good since, well, probably since Mike Kerrigan came off the bench in 1986 to take Ken Hobart's starting job, and ended up leading the Cats to a Grey Cup championship.

And I'm hoping Lumsden can play an entire season next year. When the injuries started he was the CFL's rushing leader, and I think with a full season he'll get his name in the Ticat record books.

So in spite of their poor showing this year, I'm really looking forward to next year. I guess I'm just an eternal optimist, with my head in the clouds.

Rightfully so BigDave, IMO. I belive the Cats have a good base to start from with Lumsden and Printers, not to mention your MLB (sorry, name escapes me for the moment).
Perhaps with a few off season moves, this may be a good team next year.

Agreed schooner; if they get the right coordinators in there, and get themselves a couple of decent receivers (someone said in another thread that they would be going after Rambo and Bruce as FAs; wouldn't that be something!), there is reason for optimism.

Just move Tay Cody back to halfback so he can lay big hits on opposing slotbacks and get him out of the safety spot, geez that move still rankles with me!!!!

And Moreno's the name you are looking for.

I agree about Hamilton. I am very glad that they got rid of their gm. I have got the impression that Hamilton has just been mismanaged of late. they have obvioulsy had talented players (as witnessed by all the ones that are still around on other teams) they just need a better power structure with people worrying about the stuff they need to be worrying about and not meddling in others jobs. That just breeds a bad atmosphere. I think they will turn it around slightly next year and continuue to grow in the future. They can't suck forever (I hope)

edited

edited

I would agree your team needs some quick guys who can catch the ball. The TiCats had D.J. Flick, how was it that he did not stand out with the Ti Cats Flick was great with Ottawa and this year with the Riders- what went wrong in Hamilton?

I would agree your team needs some quick guys who can catch the ball. The TiCats had D.J. Flick, how was it that he did not stand out with the Ti Cats Flick was great with Ottawa and this year with the Riders- what went wrong in Hamilton?
Flick was great his first two years in Hamilton (actually our Most Outstanding Player nominee in 2005) but it was just his last season where we was bothered by injuries and wasn't thrown to as often for some reason.

Gotta agree with you on Williams. My only fear is that the Ticats will start Printers (because of his huge salary) instead of Williams and that Williams will slip away at the end of next year (not sure when he's a FA, gotta be soon though) when another team offers him a starting job.

You're right about Lumsden. But if he does get injured, Caulley and Davis have proven that they are more than capable backups (I even think Caulley and Lumsden should be used as a 2 back set, to throw off defenses).

I used to be that way, back in the mid 60's to mid 80's. I be ok till after christmas, then by feb I be getting realy antsi for CFL ball again. Since then I found I enjoy the variety of switching to NFL, then to NHL playoffs. It would be perfect if the NHL would end a month sooner though.

edited trolling

No kidding. Hockey goes way too long. If the CFL started a month earlier it would scratch my CFL itch nicely, though it would also mean it would wrap up in October and that might be a bit too soon. Mid-November might be good.

i say start the season a month earlier!!! you gotta think of playof games in SSK and WPG... brrrrr. that's cold by canadian standards even. heck, i almost want to start a new thread about it... think i will!