I BLAME MARCEL

They sure showed Marcoux why he’s sitting on the bench didn’t they…

I blame the Aloutetes. Damn them for being so good.

Sorry but this is on the coaching staff. The entire team was unprepared to play, and when the carnage began there were precious few adjustments. A terrible game plan, no adjustments equals a team full of players set up to fail

All in all I have been pleased by the development of the team this year, but if we go in the tank for the remainder as we did last night, it will be devastating. My overall comments after last night are these:

1. Coaches are to blame for team lack of being ready at game time, over and over.
  2. Marshall makes adjustments, and I am satisfed.
  3. OC has no flare and imagination and puts the players at a disadvantage....breakdown the Als patterns and put them in our offence and we are 300% better
  4. I would not give up on Porter but the future is now and we have to play well enough to maintain 2nd place and peak for the playoffs, whovever is QB
  5. God love Floyd's enthusiasm but he is a weak link on the defence, along with SMith and Beverly
    6)Hope Adams and McIntyre return soonm because other than Long , all other D linemen should be released, they are weak, cannot rush, cannot stop the run ,
  6. Als showed how to beat Hamilton, run at them...swiss cheese D
8) The Drisan James experiment should end, keep trying to see if Currie can help, and maybe Ball or Middleton

9)Great job on kick coverages but where in the world did our return game go to
10) Has the Cobb experiment run it's course, he either does not hit the hole or hits it late, and does not have the yards after contact like AVON, maybe time to give him a rest and give a hungry Caulley some game action

It’s Gibson’s playbook. His baby.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Maybe so Russ but hired a like minded OC. This is Marcel's offensive philosophy to be sure. Changing the OC will only bring us one of a similar mind unless Obie steps in and ORDERS a change in philosophy. I'm not sure that Marcel would be OK with that

I Blame the ALs if only they didnt come into the game so damn fired up and in Playoff mode we may have had a chance LOL I figured id be original

HE SHOULD TAKE THE BLAME :x This team was Flat , no emotion not ready at all to play with the BEST we should all be very disappointed this game was an ass kicking, what an embarrassment we just took two steps back and Marcel its time for Porter to hold that clipboard full time!? he was thrown to the wolves last night and get some NFl cuts in here ASAP to make this team better OBIE TIME TO MAKE SOME CALLS!

I was listenuing to Bill Kelly’s show on CHML yesterday morning. Coach Salavantis is being interviewed by Kelly who wants to know what he thinks will happen tonight. Here is his answer as best as I remember, AC will throw short crisp passes and when he gets tired of that run Cobourne up the middle. If our defense adjusts to this we will have a chance. As for the Als defense if we block we have a chance if not good night Irene. Not his exact words but you get the gist. How surprised I was last night if that wasn’t exactly what AC did and the Als defence did!

Now the wording isn’t exact but if you can get a listen to the program you would not believe how accurate his description was. My question is if he knew what was going to happen, what the heck were our coaches doing all week. I like Marshall but he has got to stop sitting back 6-7 yards and last night was a perfect example of why you can’t do that. AC took every yard we gave him. Nuff said … incredibly bad game but I have to go with being out coached in every facet of the game last night.

Someone needs to pour a ton of confidence into Porter. Glenn is not the saviour if he was, the Bombers would not have let him go. Trafalis is a good prospect but what Porter and Trafalis need is a good QB coach. They should squeeze Danny Mac a little more because he is the master of the quick release. Did you see AC dumping the ball to the side lines…wonder who he learned that from.

8) The Bombers wish they had Glenn back, you can bet on that. Every move that Kelly has made in
  Winnipeg, has turned out to be a joke and a disaster !!

The Cats do have a QB coach, Khari Jones.

Danny Mac is not on the coaching staff any longer, he is a scout now for the team.

I do agree with your comments regarding Coach Sal's wise words, but Montreal is just so darn good
 at what they do, that they just defy you to try and stop them at their game.

Obviously we couldn't stop them !!    <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

I don't like that we gave Montreal (a quick off the mark team) the ball and the wind to start the game. We are a terrible first quarter team. They are a great first quarter team.

That decision was a recipe for disaster. I realize that the second quarter is "longer", but by then it was already too late.....the wind to start the game could have given us some confidence...

8) Well, considering that Montreal won the coin toss, they made the decision to receive the ball.
 The Cats didn't have much control over that !!!

Yes…the Cats had total control. They chose the end and they chose to go against the wind and give Montreal the wind to go along with the ball…and the opportunity to bury us early, which they did…

“We can’t run. We can’t pass. We can’t stop the run. We can’t stop the pass. We can’t kick. Other than that, we’re just not a very good football team right now.” But your only as good as your last game …So now we have to forget that disgusting display of football and move on …
Hamilton at Calgary
October 3 Is the next big challenge We failed this one miserably…

I disagree with the Blame game.

Marcel and his coaches are doing a fine job. In twelve games this year we had one bad game that we were not in. All other games were close. A field goal here or there we would be 8-4. Last two years we won 5 games. Here we sit at 6 wins this year. The best in the West have seven wins. Come on we were playing the best in the league. The coaches and team will have off nights. If you take a survey and ask if we would go 9-9 and make the playoffs 99% of our fans would take that this year. Have faith the Cats has turn over a new era and we will be watching a game in the post season in Hamilton.

stevehvh:

<!-- s:thup: -->:thup:<!-- s:thup: -->  <!-- s:thup: -->:thup:<!-- s:thup: -->  <!-- s:thup: -->:thup:<!-- s:thup: --> 

Best post on this thread so far! :smiley: