I am surprised nobody brought this up...

On September 4th, the refs in BC Place made the year's biggest screwup in wiping out a Montreal touchdown in the last minute of the game to "review the time on the board that finally didn't need to be reviewed, following a request from Toronto that didn't make the official's pagers buzz before the play was done" (congratulations to Tom Higgins for explaining that without laughing).

By doing so, they gave the game away to BC.

On that night, it looked like the Alouettes were robbed. But the real victims ended up to be Winnipeg, who would be in the playoffs had the refs done their job correctly in BC.

If there's any kind of justice, BC will be humiliated out of that post-season berth they don't deserve this upcoming Sunday. I'm no Ticats fan, but I sure as hell we'll be cheering for Hamilton on that day.

... and then, Hamilton can peacefully end its nice run, eaten by the mighty birds.

I haven’t thought of that.

I don’t think it really screwed Winnipeg in the end, because, for all we know, B.C could of ended up beating Montreal in Overtime, or like some posters said, could of blocked the extra point.

i disagree sorry but any team with a lousy record of 7w and 11 loses does not deserve to be playoff bound, they showed on Sunday that they dont belong in the playoffs why get embarrased even more, its been a disaster in Bomber land all year and from what I hear looks like the same for 2010

I can say the same about the riders getting spanked in the WF. Remember the game they had against Hamilton? Not that long ago…and yes history does repeat itself as we all will soon see, LOL!

You should get over it! Seek professional help if needed!!!

Wpg was an on again off again team ALL year. They were and continued to be on of the most undisiplined teams I saw all year.......I believe they get that from their coaching :roll: ....or lack there of though.

However, if we were to all sit back and review bad calls and blown calls I guess we should all be in the playoffs.

Let the Ref's be ref's and let the players be players. Both have good days and bad......and to say 1 call or 1 play equals them missing playoffs.......lets give it a rest.

:cowboy:

yes move on we have some interesting match ups coming and look forward to some good games. and of course a Rider and Als Grey Cup :slight_smile:

Third_And_Ten wrote:On September 4th, the refs in BC Place made the year's biggest screwup in wiping out a Montreal touchdown in the last minute of the game to "review the time on the board that finally didn't need to be reviewed, following a request from Toronto that didn't make the official's pagers buzz before the play was done" (congratulations to Tom Higgins for explaining that without laughing).
By doing so, they gave the game away to BC.

On that night, it looked like the Alouettes were robbed. But the real victims ended up to be Winnipeg, who would be in the playoffs had the refs done their job correctly in BC.

If there's any kind of justice, BC will be humiliated out of that post-season berth they don't deserve this upcoming Sunday. I'm no Ticats fan, but I sure as hell we'll be cheering for Hamilton on that day.

... and then, Hamilton can peacefully end its nice run, eaten by the mighty birds.</blockquote>

er, 5440, I know you are one of those die-hard types and all, but what exactly does your response have to do with the original point that the officiating may have affected the playoff berths?

You do make a point, yes. The Riders absolutely laid an egg against Hamilton. No question. But it had nothing to do with officiating.

Or are you just clutching at any straw you can, like RLR does?

best thing to happen for the Riders going into the playoffs was to lose that Ti Cat game, it made them all wake up and made them stronger watch out now :slight_smile:

Yup, big loss, then a big win...guess what...time for another big loss. Life sucks, doesn't it? :cowboy:

Nah BB got what they deserved, grats to the Cats. Gonna cheer for Edmonton and Montreal in the playoffs!

Not at all, especially when your team has 2 weeks off and will be hosting the west final at Home and 1 win away from going to the big game. what would suck would be the Riders had to play another team next week without our starting QB or anyone else decent for backup, now that would really suck :slight_smile:

How is an 8-10 record not lousy? It's a losing record, just like 7-11. I don't particularly care about this situation, I just thought it was funny that you think the Bombers don't deserve to be in just because of their season. The Lions haven't exactly had a stellar season, either, and they were also embarrassed in their season finale against Edmonton.

Lions don't deserve to be ther either with their record, but since the east is so lousey thats what happens, and will probably happen again next year. with another cross over

History Lesson:

2007, BC hosts WF with an impressive 14-3 record compared the riders average record of 10-7, which is tied with Calgary.

BC doesn't show up for this one and riders are handed an easy win. BC beats the riders on the home turf last year. Get my point? Other getting a few extra $$$, there are no guarantees as the riders will soon find out

Hopefully by the next decade we won't have to read or here about how Montreal got screwed in B.C.

Cheers to that! :stuck_out_tongue:

i usually say retarted crap..but man those riders.....getting emberrased by the ticates...reminded me of the game in 05 at the end of the season when the eskies were emberrased by the stamps IN CALGARY and they showed burris and NIk lewis laughing and making jokes and lewis saying he will end shannon garretts career...and that lit a fire under out butts to win it all...i see that in the Riders after the last game!..hate to say it tho!!!

Well look, the fact of the matter is that we don't know who would have won that game in BC. Montreal's TD would have tied it, with BC getting the ball. Who wins it? Nobody knows.

Winnipeg had control of their own destiny yesterday, and put up one of the worst offensive efforts ever. 2 completions in the second half, with two interceptions returned for Touchdowns? WTF is that? They had their shot and they blew it.

You're giving histroy lessons to Rider fans on their best season in decades? If you want to do that, you should probably actually check your facts...The Riders were 12-6 that year and but for one last second touchdown by BC in Regina, they would have been tied for first with the season series. So it's not like we were that inferior. Secondly, bringing up an embarrasing BC loss to the Riders (the cockyness that was on display by Lions fans and players that year was disgusting) as proof that the Riders will lose is stretching a bit. I don't think any Rider fans here are making grand predictions or plannng Grey Cup parades yet. And I'm sure te players are not going to be getting their ring fingers measured instead of actually playing football in the WF.

wow, you right as rain 3rd and Ten! well done! very few posts blow me away, and that one blew me half way around the world, wow!

yeah, something needs to be done about the refs, I don't think I need to remind anyone here about the other injustice that happened last week in Winnipeg thanks to the refs. In either case, both of the refs responsible need to be held accountable, and not covered by the league.

some justice has been done already, cuz BC will get killed in Hamilton, worse then if it was Winnipeg playing them, and we need not look far back in time to see what might have been.

in any case, Kelly will be finished, and the Bombers will change big time, hopefully for the best (cause there is only one way to go now for them), so in the end, this will help the Blue, not hurt them.