I am stunned

I have to say I was impressed with the development of McDaniels this season. At the beginning I was less than impressed with him, but he got better and better as the season progressed.

Cobb. . . I don't know, running backs seem to have a relatively short shelf life in the CFL. . .

And in response to a previous post. . . .yes, I'm old.

Earl's the Pearl... Tony's a Champion, Garney...Mr Ticat, etc, ..........and Bruce is BRUUUUUCE!
All have or will have their place in Ticat lore..... "the greatest" is subjective and a great
case can be made for any of them. Let's just enjoy the current edition of "the greatest".

Right now I'd put Bruce right up there with Mac Cody. Great players but one was only here for a couple years and Bruce, as good as he is still hasn't finished a season.

Great Ticat players are players that other CFL teams fans identify as great Ticats 10 years or more after they retire. Will Bruce be seen as that if he only plays 2 seasons here? Doubtful.

If Bruce stays in Hamilton and plays like this a few more years. He will be considered one of the great Ticat receivers.

How many years does he have left? Thats the issue. He's already 32. Not too many good 37 year old wideouts

That`s true. If he can play like he has, for the next 3 years. Then he should be considered as a Ticat great.

Not long enough IMO but it would put him on the radar if the Cats win 2 Cups in that span

I'm not old, I've just lived a long time and remember a lot (most of the time anyway).

I agree with looking to the future and not dwelling on the past. But I don't think that it is dwelling on the past to say that for a player to be considered the best or one of the best TICATS at his position the person should have a long, full, exceptional career, with most of it or close to that in a Ticat uniform.

I agree with AKT's criteria... after the player has retired for a good number of years, we should consider whether people remember him as a Ticat when they recall his career. I'd definitely consider Darren Flutie, Tommy-Joe Coffey and Hal Patterson, though they both played significant time elsewhere. I wouldn't consider Tony Gabriel, to me he's remembered as a Rough Rider, despite a couple of good seasons here and some notable contributions to our 1972 Grey Cup win.

Until a player's career is over with most of it here, it's all just speculation and almost every player has the "potential" to become one of the Ticats' greats. Ignoring entire careers of former greats because you weren't born when they played does real injustice to many outstanding players. Check the Wall of Honour for examples.

Re AB3, time will tell. I don't think the time has come yet, certainly not after half a season in Hamilton. Given his age I'm not convinced he'll make the list. I'd love to be proven wrong... that would mean he stayed and played at a high level for at least a few more excellent years. Here's hoping.

Steve: Do you ever find that you can remember useless things like football trivia from the 1980s, and yet you can’t remember much more important things, like whole chunks of your high school math curriculum?

High School had Math???????

Have only been watching CFL since 2004, and I would say he has been the best receiver in that time

I don't think anyone is seriously considering Bruce the best Hamilton receiver of all time. I'm a young guy, but old enough to remember what Flutie did for this team. That guy could straight up play football and he continues to be one of the top 5 receivers I have ever seen in this league.

tcfan: There’s a difference between living in the past and remembering the past.
As long as we remember the past, history will decide which players were the greatest. But without knowing about the past…looking at the future is a pretty empty kind of exercise.
AB3 will have had a pretty good career with the blue team and us before he is through. But wait for a while and then stack him up against the one’s who have come before him.
And anyway…what’s the point of saying who “may” become… etc. You could say that about any player! :cowboy:

That old, eh? :wink:

I know, I’m ancient really. Once you hit your 20s you might as well be dead.

Kirk, you must be a fountain of self-love to still be kickin’ around these parts :wink: .

He's the best the Cats have had since Flutie retired. The cupboard's been pretty bare since then but in years gone by, the Cats have had some great receivers including HOFers as mentioned by earlier posters.

An Argo-Cat fan

I think McDaniel has been making a case for himself the past few weeks as well. It’s been a while since we’ve had quality receivers in hamilton.

Remember when Craig Yeast was considered one of our best receivers? Yikes.

They must have math. . . they sure don’t seem to teach grammar or spelling anymore, so what else do they do to take up the time?

LMAO!!! ZING!

FYB you left yourself wide open with your thread title, but I’ll take the high road. :lol:

I don’t think AB has done enough HERE to put him in the category with some of the names mentioned. I’m not saying he isn’t a great receiver, but in a league with Winfield and Champion…not quite yet…