I almost wish that the Cats lose to the argos this sat.

As mentioned on the firth quarter last Saturday, This game with the Argos is a pivotal game.
If we lose, it basicly says that we are far from a competitive team. And we may not even make the playoffs.

If we win, we will relax and consider the passed three loses as just a bump in the road to the Grey Cup.

We are an inconsistant team. This is partly because of our coaching staff learning as they go. We lost the first
two games because they did not know how to use the players properly.

The last game they did not know now to adjust their plays at half time.

It's about time that these weaknesess be brought out and delt with.

I think that if we lose the game to the Argos the GM will have to take a long look at his coaching staff
and make some adjustments like the Argos did.

Also a good Offence must have two elements working correctly -1. the passsing game
2. the running game
(this was mentioned to me by R uss Jackson) If you have a Great QB you can get away with an average RB.
If you have a Great RB you can get away with an average QB.
As far as I'm concerned Glenn and Avon are both average. time to try T Grant at RB

Any coments?

You're kidding right? Instead of firing coaches, let's fire some of the fans.

So far this year, you have suggested that we boot both Glenn and Porter and start Boltus, an unproven, no, an UNTRIED quarterback, and now you're recommending replacing Cobourne and Thigpen with an UNTRIED runningback?

No thanks on either one.

After reading your post GOTC, I'll just say I want the Cats to win this weekend and every game we play even if winning could lead to complacency from time to time, although this hasn't exactly been a huge issue over the last few years. :wink:

That's quite the insight - one that only a Hall of Famer would have been able to come up with.

I also heard that to win a football game, you need to score more points than the other team.

When Russ Jaskson was on the firth Quarter, he said that we can not be competitive without both
passing and running working for us, its called balance! and one of the two must be exceptional to make the Grey Cup.
So take it for want its worth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why would you ever want your favourite team to lose? Its threads like these that make me question why some Ti-Cat fans even cheer for the team? It seems a lot of Ti-Cat fans love to hate the team.

Well 2E, such "hate" is shown a lot by Habs fans whom I swear boo the Habs on home ice about every chance they get when they don't play very well. And Habs fans do support that team very well. :wink:

Disagree. I think it's more player execution than coaching.

I think alot of the criticisms of the Tiger-Cat coaches not adjusting and poor play calling is overstated.

I don't

I do hope the Argos do beat Sask though, and turn it around enough to score the crossover spot. The CFL really needs to win the Toronto market back.

To not make the playoffs Toronto (1-5) would have to finish with a better record than us, and a third place west division team would have to tie our record (BC and SSK are tied at the basement of the west at 1-5). There would still be very much hope to make the playoffs even if we lose this game. Only two teams aren't going to make the playoffs...

We are an inconsistant team. This is partly because of our coaching staff learning as they go. We lost the first two games because they did not know how to use the players properly.

The last game they did not know now to adjust their plays at half time.

It's about time that these weaknesess be brought out and delt with.

Then why wouldn't you be happy with a win to prove we dealt with our weaknesses?
I think that if we lose the game to the Argos the GM will have to take a long look at his coaching staff and make some adjustments like the Argos did.
If we lose, we will be a 3-4 team putting up some good numbers. The Argos made adjustments because they are a 1-5 team which is NOT putting up good numbers.
Also a good Offence must have two elements working correctly -1. the passsing game 2. the running game
No, really? Good thing our offence is doing both correctly.
As far as I'm concerned Glenn and Avon are both average. time to try T Grant at RB
What's wrong with Cobourne? Last I checked he's third in the league in rushing. And what's your solution to KG?

This is one of those games that the critics/haters/bandwagonjumpers will say that if we win it doesn't mean a lot since we beat the worst team in the CFL, just like the silly comments after the Montreal game about the Als being tired etc. And if we lose? I don't want to read the boards

Some people are "The glass is half full", and some are "The glass is half empty". But a lot of people on this board are more like "There's never enough water! Never has been, never will be! Might as well just break the glass!"

Yup, it doesn't matter whether we win or lose, they'll still find fault.

This news could help GOTC's "almost wish" come true:

[url=http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Toronto/2011/08/10/18532746.html]http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/ ... 32746.html[/url]
“Cory Boyd was what our team offensively was built around,? Argos head coach and general manager Jim Barker said....
Really? We didn't know that. We thought it was built around your amazing quarterback, Lulu Lemon.

We didn't have much of a problem stopping Boyd last year, so I don't see much of an issue this year either, especially with him just coming back from injury. They have a one dimensional offence, as Barker aluded to in his statement, and our rush should be effective against Lemon, with a linebacker or two keying on Boyd.

I'm more worried that Owens suddenly finds his return ability from last year. He was Mr. Field Position for them last year; this year, not so much. (Of course, the same could be said of Thigpen. And I wouldn't mind seeing him, or Williams, bust one or two for TDs this weekend.)

Nov. 14/10 – Boyd 19 for 93, Hamilton (Cobb) 6 for 8

I've blocked that game from my memory. :frowning:

What kind of person calls themself a fan and then hopes their team loses? That is ridiculous. Losing a game against the only team in your division who is behind us is definitely going to help us out in the long run. :roll: I've seen some pretty iffy stuff on this site, but this takes the cake. Maybe losing the next 3 will put us in an even better position down the stretch. :thdn:

Happy for you, I'm not there yet. In fact still trying to erase an ugly older image of an orange-clad Casey Printers in the east endzone.

I didn't say I wanted to lose , I said that I "almost" wished we would lose. And if we do lose, I bet there will be alot
of you guys jumping on the bandwagon for "CHANGE". I'm just a step ahead of you guys.

I feel that Glenn is ok at QB, but we need a explosive running back like Boyd to back him up.

My sorry but I don't think we have the personal yet to compete for the Grey Cup. Also our coaching is still at a
learning level.

But go ahead , I love to see them prove me wrong! :cowboy: