Hunt not above whining and crying

Ya NOW, approaching the deadline thats what they had for him and its incumbent with the type of season he had last year(reduced numbers and reduced role) and the fact he didn’t take a cut the previous year when in fact he got a fair CFL bonus instead in the sum of 15k. But you might not have heard that they offered him 110k shortly thereafter the Grey Cup win. and that was 100% of his 2007 salary.

You might be saying, ‘he had a solid year last year’ and you’d be right. BUT NOT A 125+k YEAR when you have, T.J. Stancil, Anton McKenzie, Renaud Williams and Yannick Carter to play for less without a big drop in production. As a bonus, the Riders have the pleasure of accommodating a hefty raise for a guy who took the cut in 2007. I think we all know who Im talking about…

kel

Guess you’ve never heard of the superior Edmonton Oilers.

kel

…fixed that there for ya kel…

What has the oilers got to do with it. Where is that off topic cop when you need him?

You said: I know of no other team....
He Said: Oilers

But being a CFL forum, I guess you're not allowed to mention NHL teams...

..as a fair and equitable person I feel that any opportunity to poke the Oilers should not be an opportunity denied....

Well you will have to take exception to me not taking exception to your blah, blah, blahs.

As for the Sak-tel job, we have discussed this issue before–it was in the blah, blah, blahpart and if you actually took the time to read, I think it was blah number 43.
Any job that is outside the organization, ie, the team, or in the case of privately owned teams, any company owned by the owner(s) that pays fair market value is acceptable and will not, nor should it count againt the cap.
However, if you are looking for an issue, explain to me again why Demetrious Maxie’s entire salary for his phony baloney “front office” job shouldn’t be included in the cap.
Clearly he was given the job and told, “stay in shape, we might need you”.
That to my mind is a clear violation of the SMS.

You have had many ridiculous posts.
This one is right up there.

...because his phoney baloney PR job was about as phoney baloney as the sasktel one....seriously, why does a crown corp need a PR department?...is sasktel a crown corp?...I really dont' know, but I'm saying it is to make my stupid argument make more sense....

...ps, 43 blahs is 42 too many...

Oh trust me, I follow you completely here … Kevin Lowe is the biggest disgrace in sports right now and for the last couple of years. I grew up an Oil fan as my mother was born there and we visited regularly. IM A FLAME FAN NOW! I have been emancipated from the post Gretzky years. The people of Edmonton should be booing this guy outta’ town and the fact that they don’t makes them look like nut-jobs.

Listen people, loyalty in business is a balance, a very delicate one, and if you want to compare Tillman to Lowe I’d say Mr. Tillman is on the right side of that line more often than Mr. Lowe. And he is in the case of Hunt. IMO he was offered 100% fair market value as illustrated by the Montreal deal. Don’t even get me started about all the disloyalty Lowe has brought to your organization Edmontonians. If you liked seeing Comrie, Marchant, Brewer, Smyth head out to greener pastures just wait until old KL pulls the rug out from under Horcoff and Hemsky. I couldn’t get over the offer sheet extended to Penner this offseason. Un%$@#ing believable.

Reggie Hunt crossed the loyalty line in this case IMO. And he and his agent failed to realize the frailty of his value when they were offered his 07’ salary shortly after the Grey Cup by the Riders. It is a business. Oh and Reggie, good luck finding a place close to work for less than 8k some odd dollars to rent for the 5 odd months you’ll be away from your wife, kids and newborn. That means your down to 77k and less the experience. Cheers!

kel

Hey man a difference of 20+k a year isn’t ridiculous?

kel

You know this post does not suprise me. Yet another reason why I dislike some rider fans. A players leaves so he can have a better opportunity at a raise and guess what the I hate Reggie Rants are starting up. I guess you will need thos e Reggie su-ucks shirt ready for the season. I know of no other team where fans do this to players that leave for another team only in Whine country. You have a GC coach leave for a better opportunity no whining no Austin su-cks but a player does the same thing look whats happens. Yes the so called greatest fans of the cFl fail yet again.
And of course your post surprises nobody, as you take yet another opportunity to get out the broad brush of your hatred of all things Riders and because one dufus says something negative then apparently all Rider fans are going to do likewise. Fact is, all teams have fans who dislike, even hate players that leave. Including Stampeder fans. The reality is, circumstances are generally what causes outrage, not the simple act of leaving. Most Rider fans think Kevin Glenn is a class act and hold no grudge against him for asking to be traded. Because it was a reasonable reaction to his situation. Reggie Hunt signing a contract in Montreal was once again a reasonable response to his situation, so few--very few, I suspect--fans will begrudge him doing what is best for him. Same thing with Kent Austin. However, that simply is not the case with your little buddy, the Smilin' one. He was offered a substantial raise and was going to be the number one QB. He had no reason to leave other than his own greed. A few thousand bucks spoke volumes for Hank. And then having left for the cash, what really pissed people off was the myriad of lies, half-truths and fairy tales he spread to try to cover up the fact he left for one reason, and one reason only--cash.

Read between the lines–I think you are ridiculous…

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=newser&func=display&topicnum=&nid=17799&writer=0]http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=news ... 9&writer=0[/url]

...Arius, you should read that article, even Vanstone couldn't blame hank for leaving...it also corrects some facts for you (like who the #1 was in shivers eyes)....Vanstone thinks it was a 'reasonable response' to his situation, somehow most of ridernation can't see it the same....the majority doesn't necessarily make it right though...

The reality is, contracts are not guaranteed.
Even had Reggie signed the previous offer, he could still just have been asked to take a pay cut this year or be released.
Ak Cory Holmes how that works.
And this year, being asked to take a substantial pay cut, with no signing bonus and no incentives does tell us the Riders were already thinking Reggie was not in the future plans for the team.
With no signing bonus, cutting him in TC costs the team nothing.
And when you ask a player to take that big cut you are very clearly saying your days are in fact numbered.
You don't ask a player to do so unless you are in fact prepared/not concerned/ if he walks.
So accepting a contract somewhere else where they wanted him more was the best option for his career.
Accusing him of whining when all he did was tell his side, which also coincidently seems a very reasonable story, is in fact ridiculous....

Oh please!!
Rob Vanstone would have Hank’s baby if he could…
You really are not helping your position by trying to support it with anything Rob “I have Hank’s picture tatooed on my thigh” Vanstone says.

...not my problem if you can't accept an alternate viewpoint....

For some it will be an even bigger conspiracy, because SaskTel is major sponsor (or were not sure if they still are) of the riders. But that being said, he isn’t doing work for the riders, he is doing work for SaskTel.

A few years ago, the TD Bank or CIBC forget which right now hired one of the riders and put him on the main floor right beside the window on street level as a loans officer. In fact my brother talked to him about getting a mortgage. But I guess that was rider business and not bank business for those people.

Two problems with you comments, $85K was the offer and since Tillman is quoted in the article, I suspect $85K is the right number. Unless you are saying now, they offered him $110 and then reduced it just prior to Free Agency to $85K. In which case, I would have to wonder what changed in 3 months that the riders didn’t know in November. Or maybe that was Tillman way of punishing Hunt for him talking directly to Hopson. So which is it…the riders haven’t signed a new line backer.

While I think T.J. Stancil might be good, the fact he spent 12 games on the injured list last year doesn’t and 12 the year before doesn’t mean he can step into the position full time.