Humour Us

Coach Taaffe and company: how about throwing us fans a bone here. Start Chang and get the ball to Lumsden 20-25 times during the game. Hey maybe even throw Holmes in at Slotback.
What's the worst that can happen... WE lose. WOULDN'T BE THE FIRST TIME.
I for one, would be placing my bet in favour of a Hamilton win, Just for a change.

I agree with with everything except for starting Chang. His time will come but not yet.

Why Jesse has only 67 carries in 7 games is beyond me. That's an average of 9.57 carries per game.

Could Lumsden's having 9,57 ypc have something to do with using him sparingly?

I don't think he'd have as much success with significantly more carries. He's a big play kid and to use him more would limit the chances of his spontaneous breaks into the open field.

I agree to us him more, but with discretion and with a diverse set of plays.

[quote="joedavtav"]Could Lumsden's having 9,57 ypc have something to do with using him sparingly?

I don't think he'd have as much success with significantly more carries. He's a big play kid and to use him more would limit the chances of his spontaneous breaks into the open field.

Hey let's give him the ball and see what happens. Let's wear down that defence instead of being controlled by them. Let's go mano to mano the way the Cats used to and see who wins. surely the best runningback in the league can run against the worst run defenders in the league. Surely we can throw a few blockers at Gass to take him out of the play. It can't be that hard. And if in the end they shut us down so be it. They are going to eventually shut down those three and four-yard bombs anyway. I'll take my chances with Lumsden on the ground rather than Maas through the air anyday.