huge ratings for edm/sask game

Yes maybe double.

I beg to differ.

Among the thousands of recent immigrants I would say that is definitely true. But for those of us from here or those that have lived here a long time, I would do believe the CFL matters.

You should read what you write. It’s pretty funny stuff.

Ignorant and stupid, but funny nonetheless.

Most people don't care about the NHL either really, it's all just entertainment and people know this. But the Lions seem to be getting around 25,000 a game so obviously some people enjoy the entertainment and others watch on TV. But even say the Leafs, does anybody really care even in Toronto? Not really, just care about being entertained in their leisure time, it's sports afterall like a movie, your team loses, you say darn it, but life goes on, just like during the strikes in sports, people somehow manage to keep living. I like hockey but during the last work stoppage, I found other things to watch and do.

Ah yes childish name calling, why don’t you troll on out of here and go to the No Fun League sites that “everyone in the Couv” only loves?

So, like, are either of you going to discuss ratings? If not, you can take this petty argument to private message.

He started it.

pffffffffffft....was that serious? :lol:

since were on the ratings topic....

ok so this might sound lame, but do you guys think famous people going to sports events helps ratings or attandence?

i noticed in the giants vs dallas game they showed the x prez and jon madden i think twice, and they like to scan the crowd for other famous people. when i watch espn classic, especially from the early 80's they always show high profile politicians of the time(jo clark, various party and province leaders). i notice no one in politics in canada cares much anymore about the grey cup(except the western leaders). in hockey they always try to show other famous actors and musicians and atheletes that are at the game.

i wonder if the riders faced edmonton in the grey cup, we could get back to that 8 million mark again.

8 mil?? When was that? That's gotta be up there for any sporting event, no? Except the obvious...World Cup, etc...

bc vs toronton in 82 or 83.

I always find it interesting how the calibre of the celebrity matches the popularity of the event. Remember when Gretzky first went to LA? Every game was a sellout, and all of the Hollywood A-list was coming out to the Kings games. 5 years ago I went to a Kings game, and I was able to walk down the lower level of the Staples Centre - no one bothered checking my ticket as I took up a seat 4 rows in from the blue line. The only celebrity I could find? Christian Slater. And he was there with some 10 year old kid.

i remember that too. the ducks get snoop dog out... does that count?

Ha! Snoop’s on a list all his own!

just one more thought on ratings, if that ok... umm, i know this isnt real classy, but you know... they could fucus on a cheer leader thing just a little. i mean, look what it does for dallas. and edmonton has guy cheer leaders... might reach out to those "alternative" football fans.

im so excited for todays game... so, who will have more fans there?