Huf not a big FA buyer…

…great confidence again he will assemble a very good team

1 Like

Very likely, been a tough year though for all teams.
Maybe parity will make the CFL better, I hope

1 Like

Huff always puts a contender on the field year after year. Future hall of fame is certain.

1 Like

…true story, four years ago around this time I was flying to El Salvador through LAX…the flight to LA was very early in the morning so when I arrived at the gate it was very quiet and only a few people were there…I took a seat across across a couple about my age, a well put together woman reading a book and a man grabbing a few zzzz’s laying on the bench next to her…after a while the man stirred, switched from prone to seated and then stood up to stretch…and it was JH himself…

We nodded to each other and I quietly with a hint of sarcasm and a smile said to him “aren’t you supposed to be chasing guys to make our team better?” And he replied with a big smile “I don’t do that free agent stuff”…

3 Likes

Toronto running out of room on their roster to sign more former Stamps has helped.

Looks like Sankey was the big loss.

Also looks like there is a succession plan with 27 yr old Jameer Thurman sliding over and Cam Judge taking his spot at WIL.

Few holes if any at this point.

Great story!

Huf builds. He’s like my late uncle. He hardly ever had cash but he always had a head full of blueprints and a truckload of salvage. :grin:

1 Like

Uncle Fred Sanford??

1 Like

The opposite I think. Uncle Fred Sanford hilariously avoided work at all costs. :yum:

1 Like

Huf is eating everyone's lunch so far. I will be quite surprised if they don't do well and win this year.

William Langlais, Charlie Power, Conner McGough, Elie Bouka, D.J. Lalama are all very good players. Those were the ones he signed after he ran out of money. Stamps will be tough.

2 Likes

The Stamps are always tough thanks to Hufnagal and his genius for bargain hunting. He’s a perennial pain in the a** for the rest of us.

Milanovic - Litre who?

Put that cheque book away, ya big dummy! I got a couple of o-linemen stashed somewhere in the back, we’ll give ‘em a shot o’ primer and be good to go.

2 Likes

Glad to see Mcgough cleared to play again after having to temporarily retire due to a medical issue last year .

Then the son would say, “but I already paid two hundred bucks to get them here.” (Cue the old dad one per episode heart attack).

“I’m comin’ Elizabeth!!”

1 Like

Will be interesting to see Dave Dickenson as a GM.

Fast asleep on Lou Purifoy is my first impression.

need to replace an OL now

1 Like

Classy comments from Dave Dickenson. I don't always like him as a coach but he does seem to appreciate the personal side of being a player.

The Stampeders left the door open for Mitchell to explore a return during his 2022 exit meeting, but his coach was unsurprised to see that offer declined.

“One thing I wanted to make sure is that Bo understood we appreciate everything he’s done, we wish him well and that if he wanted to be part of our team, we could find a role for him,” Dickenson explained.

If only Andrew Harris could have been so lucky.

They re-signed Terrell McClain:

James Vaughters returning to the CFL. Mike Rose is already signed. Stamps are loaded for bear in the middle.

1 Like