Hub city concept

Are there enough hotels there are would some players have to stay in Woolerton? spit

...see, ‘build a field (somewhere) and they will come’ would be pretty cool...each team could live in a camp of sorts and then would assemble to play each other at a purpose built temp field in the middle of no-where Canada....I recall very early in the Winter Classic days this concept was considered, playing a game on a rink that sat on a mountain lake up the Icefield highway between Lake Louise and Jasper....that would be cool...

If they go “no fans” (the most likely scenario IMO) then there is little advantage

...I pointed out a very definite advantage for the team that normally lives in the chosen hub city...

I would think some of the Cities would put a bid for the rights to host the games.
Hotels and caterers would make some serious coin from hosting 4-5 CFL teams of 50 players plus Coaches, training staff, etc.,etc. on top of the T.V. and radio staff plus the Officials for 3 months. That is a lot of business

I expect ALL teams would be quarantined in hotels … so no advantage that I can see

looks like Vancouver may already get the hockey. I am sure the powers that be would otherwise be in favor of the clf.

It will all be moot if the provinces and the Federal gov arent able to lift restrictions by Sept.

The sun rises in the east.

2 + 2 = 4

I don’t really understand your statement here.
Are you saying that you expect that all teams would have to stay in their hotels for the duration of the season when you use the term quarantine?

That seems to be the methodology being discussed for most leagues … you can’t plan based on full and free movement

boy....50 players from each team locked away in a hotel for 5 mos, unleashed for the games.
What could go wrong?

Think I'll go watch Gladiator again.

want blood and guts, try the tv series spartacus

Is there any talk of going back to the Eastern Teams just playing each other and the same out West. Back to the 50’s The Big Four and the West playing separately until the playoffs? How about all teams taking turns playing in each city. The West could start in Winnipeg for two games, continue westward to Regina, Edmonton and Calgary. BC Dome for the playoffs.
The Eastern Teams with Train travel could maybe play a normal 8 game schedule, but Montreal might have to play some of there home games in Ottawa.
Crazy thoughts for crazy times.

All the Provinces are starting to open up in phases.
Opening up slowly, watching the numbers, and desparately trying to avoid the 2nd wave
(which is why we are opening up in phases,
if the #'s are good we move to the next phase)
If the numbers stay reasonable, then each Province can move to the next phase(allowing more freedom)
We need to pick locations for Hub Cities that will get to phase 3 of openness by the middle of August and have quality Hotel accomodations for 5 teams in the West and 4 teams in the East.

IMHO,
Montreal is out because they will not be in phase 3 by then.
Hamilton and Regina may not have the quality Hotels nearby

How about,
Ottawa, would be the best of the east
Vancouver, best for the west

Regina/Winnipeg would be the best places. Regina has no active cases. Winnipeg has very few. Both new state of the art facilities and both have hotels available.

1 Like

I suspect there will be sufficient empty hotel rooms in every city this fall.

1 Like

Again, Would you want to be quarantined for 3 winter months in WPG or Regina! :cold_face:

I suppose if the plan was to keep playing into winter (say January) I still like the idea of backending home games in BC, Montreal, and even Toronto.

One winter in WPG would be fine. I survived 15 years there. Sometimes it was fun