How will Bombers do?

To all the Bombers fans out there in swampland, I am a Rider Fan and I'm officially wishing you GOOD LUCK.... 'cause you're really going to need it. No seriously though, you guys made some improvements over the off-season hope they work out for ya...just not when your playing the BIG GREENE MACHINE. See you on Labour Day.

I think the Bombers did a good job in the off season to improve this year. Getting McGarity, Fields, Woodson, Breedlove, Fells, Gallant and Sutherland should make for some interest battles in training camp for those positions. All of those players could start but the Bombers are deep in some of those positions.

Bombers offense i think will be find. Lot of people question us because we have Glenn, but Glenn played well for us last year when he was in. With Stegall, Peterson, McGarity, Breedlove, Roberts, and Stokes our offense will do just find with Glenn. Lets just hope the Bombers use Stokes a lot more in the offense this year.

Special teams awesome with either Stokes, McGarity, Roberts or Sutherland returning kick and punt returns. Bombers should get decent field position a lot of the time. Westwood had one of his best season last year, lets just hope he can repeat and limit trash talking. I still hate his guts though.

Bombers defense should be decent. Just the secondary i'm a little concern about. The front seven is one the better ones in the CFL if not the best. The deadly combo of Fleming and Brown will lead to a lot of sacks for Canada. Bradley isn't any slouch either. Bombers probably have the deepest LB core in the CFL. Kelly, McGriggs, Wickman, Woodson, Fells, Ortega. Its too bad someone has to be cut. A full seaon from Lysak, and the Carters will help a lot and if Feilds and Bell can regain there form. But the Bombers are a bit small in that area.

Now for my prediction on how the Bombers will do this year.

B.C. 13-5
Sask 11-7
Winnipeg 11-7
Edmonton 9-9
Calgary 8-10

you got that right...all the people are thinking the bombers are gonna just plain SUCK this year...but they WAY enderestimate them

I think the bobmers have a chance this without Kahari on our team. But we won't have a good start tough. As me living in Winnipeg and bomber a fan I saw the games last year and it was a crapy season. But his season will be excellent with all the new players.

is that henry burris guy really henry burris?

well i honestly dont think the bombers will do much better then they did last year, actually if you really think about it they just might do worse... wanna know why? because robert gordon isnt playing for them! just kidding... by the way where is my favourite guy? im getting nervous... its May , training camps start soon and i havent heard anything regarding gordon... if someone knows tell me! :cry: PLEASE! lol

MR.GORDON OR' Gorgeous' if you prefer, is now playing in the Arena Football League in the states. Probably won't be back.......with all the talent they recruited at receiver I don't think they will miss him .....Mr. McGarity for one is a guy who can more than take his spot :!:

How will they do? They'll finish ahead of Calgary in a tie for third and may just get through over Edmonton. Unless of course the new running backs for Edmonton work out (long shot).

I can't see any problems on offence this year, they're looking good. The D was the big problem last year, especially the secondary. I'm hoping they are bringing in the right guys to correct this problem.

receiving core has improved and kevin glenn showed signs last year and our defense is better. saskatchewan also lost burris so we'll win all three matchups this year vs the riders

papazoola- yeah i knew robert gordon was in arena football but i dont think he plays much or at all, if im correct he plays for l.a avengers, and i did read in an article in the paper that montreal had made contact with him but that was way back in febuary, probably wont happen... poor guy, hes played for 14 years and still doesnt have a grey cup ring. i want him to get one...

You are right the Riders have done nothing but signe their 9 & 9 players. Where as the Bommbers have done a lot to improve their Offense and Defense. IMO the Bommbers will kick their butt. Rider fans love medicore and are on Roy Shivers new 15 year plan. The Stamps and Bommbers have improved greatly. I think the Eskies and the Riders are not going to have it so easy this year.

You have got to be kidding me...I know I'm a Rider fan but I am trying to look at this situation from a neutral point-of-view and I really can't see the Blue Bombers beating the Riders 3 times. Maybe one time but not three. The Riders are going to be stronger than ever this year. People critisize Shivers because he didn't make a bunch of offseason aquisitions. Well, the fact of the matter is we didn't need to make any because our team is damn good exactly how it is. In fact, I think Shivers should be getting credit, it takes a lot of work to have 23 out of your 24 starters returning.

I know you're probably thinking "If they didn't win the Grey Cup they obviously can't be that good" Well, I'll tell you we came damn close to it because if the reffing would've been half decent in BC Saskatchewan would've been in the Grey Cup game and I would bet you money that the Riders would've won that game. The talent of Toronto and Saskatchewan are pretty close, I'd probably give Saskatchewan the edge on that but also the game was played in Ottawa which as we all know is an outdoor stadium. Toronto is a dome team and Sask would be better suited for that kind of game.

I think the Bombers and Stamps will have it tough this season while BC, Saskatchewan, and Edmonton will continue to dominate the Western Conference.

Sorry Jeremy, I do not want to disrespect your views. But 9 & 9 will not be for the Riders this year standing pat. You always bring players in to compete. I am sure they are doing this but they sure do not release much info. The thing is the riders did this by beating teams like Calgary and Winnipeg. The first game of the season the Stamps with no offense beat the Riders with Nealon Greene in the lineup. Yes, they did not have KK in the line up. But I just do not see this team beating teams every week. Tell me if I am wrong but do Rider fans just like to have a medicore team do they not want a championship. If they want that Grey Cup you do not stand pat regardless how good your team did the previous year. You always build. And I have not heard any new players joining the Riders. Is this because they have not released the names of new players that are coming in? I do not know. Yes, I do not like Roy Shivers. And I will leave it at that. But to get better you have to push the veterans or else. IMO

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that we played Toronto in the first game of the season and that's when Nealon broke his leg. Rocky Butler then started the next 3 games or so before Smilin' Hank became the top pivot.

I realize that it looks like our team will just be mediocre this season as we were last year during the regular season (I think in playoffs we played spectacularly) but you need to know that The Riders are notorious under-achievers. The potential on this years and last years green and white squad is overwhelming. We have some great athletes and many of the players on the riders are household names among CFL fans.

But, like they saying goes, you can't buy your groceries off potential, so in football you can't win strictly on potential, I'm aware of that. This season Danny B just needs to do something extra to let all that potential out.

I do stand corrected you are correct about Nealon not being in that game. Yes, they need to look for more do not select for anything less. My feeling though and my fear is that if this team does not get what the fans expect Danny B will be the fall guy and Danny B is the class of the Riders not Mr. Shivers. Shivers is great scouuting players but that is it. You will findo ut for yourself but again this is MO. I am just glad Shivers is not our GM.

..................... and a snowman will last all day on Miami Beach in August. Best case scenario is the Bombers finishing 4th in the west. The Bombers have made some improvements over last year, just not enough to get over the hump. IMHO, they have question marks at QB and receiver. The Glenn/Martin combination is still an unproven commodity, and after Stegal, the skill at the receiver position drops off rather dramitically. Petersen and McGarrity aren't likely to keep defensive cordinators awake all night trying to figure out a way to stop them.

Roberts is arguably the best RB in the CFL, but even he can't do it all.

IF YOU READ ANYTHING ABOUT THE BOMBERS.....you'll see our roster also includes Spergon Wynn a big factor you kinda overlooked NiteHawk.....and if you missed that you probably missed alot of other signings the Big Blue have made in the off season......I think we will be alot bigger contender than you think.......4th place HO HO HO TO YOUR SNOWMAN.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

And just how many games has Wynn won as a starter?........................ Ah, just what I thought. Just because your buddy Paul Friesen, who wouldn't know a football if one hit him square between the eyes, told you the Bombers were going to be a roaring success, doesn't mean it's going to happen any time soon.

I saw Wynn play in Calgary last season, he looked good and think by the end of the 2005 season he could take the staring job from Glen.