How will Bombers do?

How does everyone feel The Bombers will do this year?

As a Bomber fan I hope they do well. I can’t see a great start to the season though. With all of the coaching changes and lack of free agent activity they are bound to struggle. I thought Kevin Glenn did well at the end of last year. Hopefully he’ll get some help from the O-line and less dropped balls from the recievers (Kamau “hands like a snake” Petersen". I feel that getting rid of the dead wood like K. Jones and Big Moe will definetly benefit the offense. Now if we could only drop Wade Miller like half the Blue recievers last year we’ll be okay!

I’m a little worried about our size. It seems like most of the DB’s we’ve signed are three apples tall not to mention Mcgarity Smurf to go along with Stokes Smurf and Roberts Smurf! It may be a smurfin long season!

DEFINITELY they will have a new look and a new outlook. Daly will make H I S mark on the team early and new players in their positions will be solidified. I think the defense was scrambling alot last year and will be improved greatly with the new additions. Offensively they look pretty strong, especially in the receiving dept. QBS. really need to prove themselves but I think Glenn will finally get his chance to shine and he will. :!:

We’ll be in the playoffs. That’s all I’m saying.

I agree the Bombers will definitely be in the playoffs and I’m not all that worried about their size. Speed makes up for alot of things and I see BLINK and McGarity as a double threat in that dept. when they are both on the field. Add Mr. Stokes and it gets REALLY interesting. :!:

As a Bomber fan I hope they do well. I can't see a great start to the season though. With all of the coaching changes and lack of free agent activity they are bound to struggle. I thought Kevin Glenn did well at the end of last year. Hopefully he'll get some help from the O-line and less dropped balls from the recievers (Kamau "hands like a snake" Petersen". I feel that getting rid of the dead wood like K. Jones and Big Moe will definetly benefit the offense. Now if we could only drop Wade Miller like half the Blue recievers last year we'll be okay!
I agree. I am not a huge Miller fan, he hasn't shown much, but he is good on special teams, CDN, and proably pretty cheap. I could see Kamau having a good year. He has all the tools, is quick, etc but couldn't hold on to what he should...however, he did start to improve and play real well over time. I could see/hope to see him to well this season.

As for the Bombers themselves…I’m really unsure. I think they could either be really strong, or have another bad year. Its tough to call. The year they went 14-4, I predicted them to be about 13-5 and people said I was crazy…although, last year I thought we would be about 10-8 or 11-7, and we didn’t do that well. We have a pretty good team though, with good players…and as a fan I’ll say we’ll be pretty solid this year, about 11-7 as a prediction as of right now. We SHOULD make the playoffs, but it looks like its going to be a tough division this year as it usually is.

If the bombers make the playoffs…i’ll quit life, because it ain’t happenin…sorry tbone :frowning:

ShaBam you must have quite a crystal ball, and I guess you have seen yourself 'quit life 'as well, because it’s happening. :lol:

I am a huge Bomber fan who has just recently bought season tickets to this years games. I am not thinking that they will be a big threat this year but think they will make the playoffs. I like what they are doing with there team though, getting younger and trying to get an all Canadian offensive line. I believe that the Bombers are trying hard to make next years Grey Cup more than this years because it will be in Winnipeg and they will have the whole city behind them.

In final I think the Bombers will make the playoffs comfortably this year but wont go very far but I see them as a serious contender for Grey Cup 2006. :slight_smile:

The Bombers have done alot to improve them selves. And I can’t see the Bombers missing the playoffs at all, when we were one win away from going into the playoffs. Our secondary was hampered by alot of moving around, players getting switched, and didn’t allow them to gel, this was the downfall of the Bombers missing the playoffs. Now with the recent siginings the Bombers added to the secondary, they will do just fine. Sure the Bombers raided the worst team in the league, but that doesn’t mean that those players were actually bad. People should wait until the pre-season games before we should judge a team on how well or how poor they will do. Just my opinion…

too early to judge just like it’s too early to say Squealon will do anything for the Riders this season ShaBam …

my opinion is…

I think they will do well

The defense has had upgrades in secondary, and having Fleming for a full season will help. Same with the Offence ;Regimbald for a full season will do more than Wade “Roster Spot” Miller. In Millers defence,he is great on special teams. McGarity is an upgrade and we have cut dead weight, Moe and Flash ( who should be called Flush) last season

It may take a week or 2 after preseason to Gel…

I am really curious to see Tee Martin and how he does. Any thoughts on Tee?

They’ve also signed Dimitrius Breedlove…

Bomber fans, Stamp fan here! Thats hope you kick the Riders butt’s this year and I believe this could easily happen. TheBommbers have been quietly building up that weak defense and If Glenn goes to town on the oposing defenses there will be no problems. So on labour day the Stamps will take out Edmonton while you take out the green bags I mean Riders!

I said it before and I will say it again, the bombers will be 11 - 7 or 12 - 6 this season and battling BC for top spot in the west.

hope you’ re right …hell you ARE right… pigseye. I know the BOMBERS are going to surprise a few teams…It’s gonna be a tussle in the West. What do you think of the schedule compared to last year? Is it better or do you think bout’ the same.

I think this years schedule looks better than last papaz. We only play one team coming off a by week and then get to sit back the last week of the season and get ready to host the playoffs. Everybody is so close this year that I dont think it really matters which team your facing, whether its the first week of the season or the last, every game will be a battle.

TOTALLY AGREE’ we must be on the same wave length,page…or something…I know we’re on the same slow forum lol…this is frustrating. I would also add those first few games out of the gate with the Esks. and Riders will be a very telling tale. Got to get a good start…but not totally essential.

1st or second in the season is my vote