How unprofessionnal

Thats it…I’m ditching Mrs Sportsmen for jm02 :wink:

Unprofessional lol? Its unprofessinal to get married guys! :lol:

jm02, I love you.

Sportsmen, you pick. It's jm02 or the room full of cheerleaders. Can't have it all.

Sambo, I sure hope Crutchfield is the one replacing Sanchez, because Brightfull is better than him.

[quote="Third_And_Ten"][color=darkred]jm02, I love you.

Sportsmen, you pick. It's jm02 or the room full of cheerleaders. Can't have it all.

Um have to decline both.... Both are young and would probably trigger the biggest heart attack a guy in his 70's could have.

I'll stick to playing Bingo, Crib and Shuffle board.

:wink:

Although, can you think of any better reason to have a heart attack?

Hmmm, I'm going to chicken out and leave that alone now....far to many ways to get into trouble.

Third..it seems like ur a little nervous about losing this game to the mighty bombers because this guy wont be in the lineup

as for a date for the wedding...normally a decision on a date for the wedding is made almost a year, maybe even more before the actual date...and im pretty sure the schedule wasnt out then...and how many relatives would be pi$$ed off about a date change just 2 months before the wedding...its only week 5 man...ull still be in second place :lol:

ro1313 and sambo42 have already covered my comments on this situation.

'''look at it this way...Charles Roberts missed a little bit of training camp...cuz he tied the knot....he informed the club quite awhile before the date...so the Bombers had no problem with it...and they shouldn't have had....Marriage seems to agree with Blink as his performance (on the field) hasn't been hindered a bit....in fact its given him a lift...soooooo you can look at it this way Third....you should get a higher performing player after he ties the knot...and that's a good thing...Congrats to Brightful....and i am quite happy you chose this date for your big-day.... :thup:

I'm sorry but getting Married should take precedence of almost any job, including professional sports. And although yeah there are 48 other saturdays when the Als might have played, the CFL is played from June until Novemberish. Most people like to get Married June to August. And if a professional team gets mad because one player is missing? what kind of team is that. they should be 1) Happy for him that he is getting married 2) should be able to find a decent replacement for the player that is missing. It's unrealistic to not have a heart when it comes to important family decisions like marriage, chuldren, funerals, stuff like that

I just got married last fall and had to miss a game to do it.... although by the end of the day I had her convinced that listening to it if we weren't doing anything else at the time in no way meant the game was more important than her, but I digress. The point is, we had our date picked and the hall booked one year prior, long before the schedule was out and there was nothing I could do without taking a significant financial hit. So my point is, likely he was faced with the same situation and even if she had been willing to work around the schedule had it been out, not many women would be willing to reschedule the most important day of their lives (for at least the next 4-5 years) for a football game. Just a thought. I do not think that this was unprofessional at all.

we all know what the excuse for the als not winning this game is gunna be...LAMONT BRIGHTFUL DIDNT PLAY!!!! :lol: :lol:

haha.......Third your dedication knows no bounds.....that is great....ragging on a guy for missing a game because he is getting married.....haha....you kill me

Let's speculate as to why Third's miffed at the fact Brightful's "walking that aisle" on Saturday instead of playing against the Bombers.

The thing that shoots out from my mind is the probability that he has him in the Huddle and by not playing on a week where the Argos and the Eskimos are on a bye week, Third's point total's going to take a bigger hit than the kind Prefontaine levels on kick returners from time to time. :lol:

Yep!! He’s WHIPPED!! just like you apparently Statik. Only difference is…HE GETS PAID TO PLAY!

Anyway…I think it was a poor choice for a wedding date. If he is like many other CFL players, he probably has a job in the offseason. So I would think he would miss a day from his 9-5 job rather then from his passion of football.

At least that’s what I’d do.

Is it possible the 2006 schedule was adjusted when Ottawa folded and the wedding date was set prior? Otherwise I can’t see the player knowingly setting the date on a game day. :wink:

Yeah, the new CFL sced for this year has only been out for about 3 months. I highly doubt this wedding was planned less than 3 months ago.
And as a pro, missing a game is only slightly worse than missing a practice ...
To be honest, when I read that you were ripping someone for missing a game to get married, I thought you were joking in your criticism ... Let him get hitched. He may regret it later, but right now he wants it :wink:

from my knowledge weddings are planned long in advance and lots of reservations are made. i doubt this is something he could of got out of easily or cheaply, cause he'd probably be charged for some stuff he ordered anyways. this is just a terrible coincidence, i doubt he'd do it on purpose

You have gotta be kiddin me. He might want to rethink his profession. I know guys who got married two days before a game and postponed there honeymoon to after the game. Bad, bad move Brightful. If I'am Matthews i tell him to take the rest of the year off to.

I know the arguement that the schedule wasn't out, or thought he had that day open, but that is no excuse. He knew he would be in the middle of football season. If his wife is going be any good she would understand that.

Tell me there is a player on the Al's practice squad right now licking his chops.

Call me football obsessed, but i give my girlfriend a hug and a kiss and tell her i see her after the Super Bowl. Hey, she does it to me with softball.

IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON :rockin:

I dont think its un-professional. Especially since he took the time in the off-season to negociate that with Jim Popp. He knew he was getting married, he didnt even know if he were to make the team. So for me all is fine.

Its congratulation time for mr and mrs Brightfull.