how to make Thanksgiving weekend games more important?

CFL schedule maker? is that you?

I only tease cause I’m old enough to remember those years when Edmonton made Calgary look like a high school team year after year

And now to make me look dumb, this ended up having the highest attendance of the season…

I only mentioned this as I went to the Grey cup game in 2002 in Edmonton. One of the only times I thought I was going to die I’ve never been so cold im my life. I’m sure the massive hangover didn’t help but at that moment I was thinking all Grey Cups should be played in July.

Less games.

How many less?

2 (16 game schedule)

Yes how hard is it to get the games on Canada day and thanksgiving day! They couldn’t even get the labour day game right this year, what a joke that is.the people who do the schedule for the cfl need to get there act together they remind me a lot of the CEO Chris rudge of the Argos who always finds an excuse to any little obstacle that stands in his way!

Im all for this, but we also have to start thinking 10th team. while nothing concrete has been put into place, its becoming more and more a reality that Halifax will be granted a franchise. If that is to occur then BC is the perfect rival for a Labour Day game. The “Coastal Cup”
“Atlantic vs Pacific”
“The Harbour Match”
BC has not had a real rival in the past because MTL OTT were the traditional labour day opponents.

but your idea, im all for it :thup:

In Ottawa’s case i think the Panda game could be a part of the thanks giving weekend say Carleton vs Ottawa at 4:00 pm then Montreal vs Ottawa 8:00 would be the perfect set up for Oseg and the city.

Are you kidding, i was there and the place was packed, people tried to get to their seats, only to find out that there was no where to site, so people gave up and just walked around, trying to find a place to stand. there is no way, they should put 13,000 people in this stadium, 10,000 should be the max. i was hard to sit and enjoy the game, with knees in your back