How to fix Porter('s ball handling)

Just stating the facts. Does that make Porter better. Nope. Does the fact Porter has struggled change his won/lost record. Nope. Ditto for Kevin Glenn. Just correcting the statement that Glenn’s record is better. It isn’t

It would be if he had been given the starts that Porter has recieved!

8)

Apart from the QB, the offense has not played properly because they have yet to get "really used to" 1 QB. When Porter fumbled on Thanksgiving, the O line lost their attitude.

Only when Glenn came in did it start to get better. Problem was that the timing took another 2 qtrs to get right. 28 points in the 4th qtr !!!!!

Come on Marcel, it is obvious that if you play Glenn consistently, the Offense will be as good as the Defense, whom we should thank alot.

If Glenn does not start in Montreal or the rest of the season for that matter they will lose not only games but the Fans they have worked so hard to bring back to Ivor Wynn.

Glenn's record is better !! Glenn is better. It is time to win for the fans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ifs and buts are not candy and nuts so you are having a Gloomy Thanksgiving

Glenns record is not better no matter how much you want it to be. His stats maybe but not the record

Sorry Glenn is better in every respect accept for one, running. I was pretty sure that was the job of Cobb, but for some reason Porter thinks he is a running back and not a quarter-back. I have an idea. Start Glenn as the quarter-back and put cobb and porter in the backfield, just don't give the ball to Porter cause he will certainly drop it! Another stat Porter leads Glenn in. Ha.

8)

Krazy glue

The issue I raised is that people keep spewing incorrect info. Glenn’s record as a Ticat is worse than Porters. He may be better but the fact is his record does not reflect that

Glenn is better? I saw him fumbled and throw a pick yesteraday or was that just me.

I also saw Glenn do nothing for 2 quarters, did anyone else see that?

Look, you are in love with Glenn, that’s fine but take off the rose coloured glasses and see what he really is. He’s an okay to good QB who won’t blow teams out, isn’t a threat to run, throws into double coverage and has a lot of 2 and outs. He has a quick release and can feel pressure from the backside.

In the end, the pass lives and dies by the run. If Cobb isn’t on or we run on 2nd and long, our offense is going to do nothing until the other team has such a lead that they play prevent defense.

We also need more help from our defense. Labour Day is a perfect example. 4 turnovers and we win. We still had trouble inside the 5 yard line but we still put up points to win. The following Friday, our defense doesn’t get any turnovers, we have a long field all night, Glenn doesn’t move the ball all game until the very last drive to go for a tie.

Football is a team effort. No matter who the QB is, we aren’t going to win unless we establish the run, get turnovers and pressure on defense, and have our special teams make field goals and set up good field position.

Real Rich Alan! Your the one with the rose coloured glasses, you and Marcel that is. Porter is tearing this team apart and your here defending the guy. He should man up and take responsibility for his inability as a leader. That is what a QB is, the team leader and he frankly is more worried about his ego being the starter, than the team.
This post is about Porter dropping the ball so lets get back on focus.
If we don't want him dropping anymore balls he needs to be benched now. It isn't gonna get any prettier for the guy with an OL that won't play for him, recievers that won't catch for him, and no one, not even Porter has run the ball worth a da$ lately.
With winter weather a stone throw away you can tie the ball to the guy and he will still find away to turn it over. Again another stat he leads in!

8)

And you post about how he should be a running back? Maybe you should take your own advice above.

Let me set the record straight. Has Porter played poorly? Yes he has. Should Glenn start the next 2 weeks? Yes he should.

But, is Glenn really that better than Porter? I believe that no matter who is back there you will get the same result.

As much as some people like Glenn, he hasn’t really played that well. When he has started, he has gone for a quarter or longer going 2 and out. No one on here seems to mention that but when someone does, it doesn’t get acknowledged.

When we win, it’s never Porter, it’s Cobb or the defense or whatever.

When we lose, it’s all Porter. He didn’t do this, he didn’t do that. It’s all on him.

Now, when we win with Glenn, it’s all Glenn.

Now, when we lose with Glenn, it’s everyone elses problem and it’s not Glenn.

We win as a team, we lose as a team.

There are too many people on this site who are too hard on Porter and not hard enough on Glenn.

I still find it funny that people think Glenn is so great becuase he got 28 points for us on Monday. It’s hilarious. 7 were defense. 7 were because of penalties when we got stuffed twice inside the 5! The other 14 were against prevent defense.

Glenn didn’t move the ball any better for 2 full quarters than Porter. Even the announcers on TSN said that Glenn wasn’t playing any better than Porter.

I don’t understand why on this site we can just support the team, we have to choose sides. I will cheer for whoever starts for this team, no matter who I feel should start. I just want to win, just like everyone else on here.

I don’t think anyone is saying Glenn is great but he is pretty good which makes him better than Porter at this point. That’s why Glenn should start.

An Argo-Cat fan

But he’s not even pretty good. He’s okay. Just okay. He has not done anything to scream out that he should be the starter permenantly. As much as people say that he moves the ball and the offense has a spark with him, he still goes through long stretches of 2 and out.

Well I tryed to see it from the WE LOVE GLENN way of seeing things last night as I watched this game once again.

As Allan_Cooper says we really are no different with either at the helm. Porter fumbled the first can be put on him, really needed to take care of the football better, however the outcome was NO POINTS.

The second and fatal one come when he was looking down field (if you watch the replay from behind Porter its clear he had few choices) he was blind slided by a guy our O lineman should have knock on his ass.

Say what you all want to, believe whatever makes you feel better but the fact is on 10 of the 12 plays Porter was at QB, he did as good as most the QB’s in the league do weekly.

As for the comparison to AC, theres only one. They both fumbled at this stage of thier careers.
Porter has all and more skills then AC had and I can clearly see way MB wants so bad to bring him along.
We should stop this insanity now and let this happen.