How They'l Finish

Hi Rider Fans,
It's early, but draft is done an training camp is two to three weeks out.

Give me the West. How They'll Finish.

Here's Mine

Edmonton
BC
Saskatchewan
Calgary

Hey, we've got the grim reaper to deal with. 103 years of pride, 100 years of heartbreak.

BC
Sask
Edmonton
Calgary

Sask
BC
Edmonton
Calgary

I don't typically play in these, but I am shocked Calgary was picked last 3/3 thus far....I mean, they are coming off of a 12 win season, and their core is playing together again. I anticipate a tight West, but if Calgary is the worst it will be an interesting season.

Well how would you rank them?

like I said...don't normally partake. If I do guess, it won't be until at least training camp.

weak sauce

Calgary
Saskatchewan
BC
Edmonton

I will add that all 4 western teams will make the playoffs. Winnipeg and Montreal will miss.

Too early in my opinion, we don’t even know who Edmonton’s starting QB will be. BUT I love doing these things so my official Unofficial rankings are…

Calgary 13-5
Saskatchewan 11-7
BC 10-8
Edmonton 8-10

I feel that since that Playoff loss to Calgary, BC is rattled, along with losing Arland and Geroy (who you can call old all you want) were HUGE targets for Lulay, he’s playing with some inexperienced guys and I think that’ll show at some point in the season. Edmonton, inexperienced QB’s that’s a given. Calgary only does that well IF Tate stays healthy, they can’t afford another QB carousel. As for The Riders I think it’s reasonable to say with the off season acquisitions that we improve by anther 3 wins. With a year under there belt together I don’t foresee another 5 game skid(s) (knock on wood)

BC
Sask
Calg
Edm.

I am the biggest hoimer out there.............so putting the Riders anywhere outside of 1sr/2ns won't happen even if I thought otherwise.

BC and Calg. boast stability. BC was worried about O-line but they got all their guns back. But if those knees don't hold up do they have depth behind that line? Young receiving corpse. look for Paris Jackson to re-emerge as a serious leader and can he do it at 33-34 yrs of age?

Calg...........not a lot of change on either side of ball.

Edm. Biggest thing is two potential studs at QB, but will either of them embrace it and take it? I still question their Cdn talent and depth. Can you believe Hugh Charles outlasted Boyd and Messam!!!!!!!!!! But he's quick and they like to use him like we use Saunders.

SK. I think the Riders video on Taman yesterday was bang on. They have a good foundation, now they added a kitchen and bathrooms. Biggest issue is they don't know D-line? They hope spomebody emerges and that is no different than last year and this tells me we're in bad shape here? Hoping is not a good football strategy. If John Chick is in play he has two weeks to wait for an NFL offer, if not do you keep waiting or sign in Canada (and other teams will want his services, who has cap room to go and get this guy)?

West
Calgary
Sask
BC
Edmonton

East
Montreal
Hamilton
Toronto
Peg

It is amazing how fast cap can open up, and how easily one is willing to go over cap. Hawkins salary would be gone, and lets be honest...if push comes to shove, so would Anderson's or some other vet.

I still believe Veikune can be the answer.

I will say one think I am not sure who will win but anyone can anticipate the ESKS to have trouble on offense again. Fred Stamps will be there and they will have a QB this season who can throw the ball more than 10 yards to him. Bowman will be back so that will also be a lift but building Chemistry with the new QB and the Young but good receivers may take time.
The OLine has a rock at LT in Orrin Thompson and Center Koch but the rest of the line is in transition and looking to make the move to a Canadian RT may take time to gel.
The defense is rock solid again though for sure. The Dline will be very deep at with 3 DTs and one DE that are Canadians that will help make a great rotation keeping big fresh bodies up front. There LB crew is great TJ Hill and Munoz overlooked because of Sherrit Hill is a great Sam LB.
They will need a returner as they don't want Burnett back ther too much maybe just for punt returns but not everthing.
The other teams will go as their QB goes. If Lulay stays healthy great for BC if not it could be trouble. There receivng core is young and now experienced after last year the Running game is set two all star bookend OTs. the interior lin is where there could be trouble again. Norman came in and was a starter calibre right away will Fabian do the same?
Durant should exp[lode this year with cortez using his skills correctly. He is similar to the age of Burris when Cortez came into Calgary. A very similar situation with skills to burris similar along with a stud RB Reynolds when in Calgary and Sheets now in SASK. There is a great Oline in its second year. The defense has a lot of talent but will need to become a solid Unit. coverage special teams again to be led by the Hair Force. The return game could use some improvement a healthy Hybrid Jock Sanders could be that guy
I think Drew Tate and Bo Mitchel are both the real deal hopefully glenn who has proven to be a good but not great QB will not get in the way with some c QB controversy in the press

One thing I have learned with the CFL is every year is any ones year, lets go back a couple, like how does Sask and Mon. be in final, next year neither make it and a team a year earlier who misses the play-offs make the Grey cup...

I like what the Riders did in off season, our Def will remain strong . It all boils down on our Off. Will DD become a great QB maybe, how will he work with the new WR and players, will they use Sheets and Sanders again like last season. Will Getz stop dropping balls.

Also last year was suppose to be a rebuilding year, it was more than that lets face it, no one expected how well they ended up doing at start of last season, and with the Grey Cup here this season, you can bet they want to be in it. :rockin:

[/quote]
[/quote]
As a life long Cleveland Browns fan I can tell you Veikune is never the answer.

[/quote]
[/quote]
I may be wrong, but didn't they play him as a LB? Tough spot for a rookie DE to be in.

[/quote]
I may be wrong, but didn't they play him as a LB? Tough spot for a rookie DE to be in.
[/quote]
Well they never played him anywhere, but he was supposed to be a linebacker. I would be worried about him developing because in every pre season game I saw him play in he was stiff and slow. From what I have seen I don't think the Riders can count on him.

So why the anamosity

for him then. It is not his fault they drafted him, a DE, to be a LB instead of a handfull of good LBs before him, or the RB that they probably should have instead. Yeah, okay, he was an early 2nd rounder that didn't work out...sorry, but that is ALLLLL on the Browns stupidity in draft management, not him. What did you expect out of a rookie in preseason action learning a new position? You make it sound like he played several unsuccessful seasons.

Ive said it before...I felt he was the best on the line last season in limited action.
I would say that stating he played 1/4 of Hawkins is generous:
Hawkins...4 sacks
Veikune....3 sack
To me, he always looked explosive on the line.

@JJmcnasty

Just because a player didn't work on in the NFL doesn't mean they can't be good in the CFL. It is a totally different beast especially on the D-line where the yard of space makes a HUGE difference.

@Depop

Just playing the devils advocate but Vekuine was switched to a 3-4 OLB which is a glorified DE, there are many players who switch back and forth from that position. Cam Wake is one of them, when he went to the NFL he started as a 3-4 rush LB and he killed it. Now he is a playing a 4-3 DE and he is still killing it.
It is a change for sure and not everyone is good at that position, however for the most part rush LB in a 3-4 is easier than 4-3 DE just based on the fact that there is immediate separation from the line and if you have any kind of speed at all you can get around the end easier.

I am not saying he will be bad but I am saying the blame is as much on him as it is on the Browns, its not like he was playing an entirely foreign position. You are making it sound like they moved him from DE to 4-3 OLB where he was forced to cover 80% of the time.

Commenting on Veikune. He actually played middle linebacker not outside his entire time in Cleveland so I would have to say that is a completely foreign position. Thats like moving a tight end to quarterback… different worlds.