How nervous /excited are you?

Walking to work today I got chills thinking about Sunday.

Being a Ti-Cat fan over the past dozen years has beena crazy roller coaster. So many highs and lows! Ones that stick out for me: The highs of the Eastern semi-final in 2011 and the Final in Toronto in 2013 and the lows of the penalty in the 2014 Cup, the injury to Collaros in 2015 and the lost season in 2017.

It’s so strange to not be the underdogs. That it took five years to get back…

This is killing me!

Oskee Wee Wee!

I had butterflies in my stomach ,really tense before the Eastern Final at the game …

Tears in eyes after Coach O’s talk after game , total emotional…

Not so much this week …yet.

Very nervous and excited. Part of me feels that this team can’t be stopped, another part feels like it’s become the norm to have the rug yanked out from under us all the time.

This has been the longest week ever. I took Friday as a personal day, & already told my boss that if the Cats win, I won’t be in Monday (hungover) or Tuesday (anticipating a City Hall rally).

Yep. Nervously anxious. Worse than before EDF. I want to be happy at the end of the day Sunday. Really want to be at city hall cheering them as CHAMPIONS.

Fully confident!! WE GOT THIS!!!

The nerves usually hit me on game day, but for the “big games? like the home opener, Labour Day and playoffs, usually the day before.

For this Cup, I can feel myself getting edgy already. I’ve been going through the forum posts, CFL and TSN websites as well, usually my day before activity.

Won’t say I’m “worried? out of respect for Onemoredork, but am definitely nervous.

I wouldn’t say I am fully confident as one never knows who the football gods will smile on in advance. That is why they play the game on the field and not on paper.

Having said that, I would be very surprised if we don’t win. This seems to be a team of destiny. I have had a good feeling all year.

Super excited, ready for a great performance by our Cats and a Cup win.

Worry is for the mopes. Nervous means you care.

I’m neither worried or nervous. What category does that put me in?

Ive very never felt more confident as i am with this team.

jerk?

;)- Winkyface emoji added by don’t call me “mister” moderator ; )

More nervous before the eastern final for some reason…I feel more confident against the Bombers…Harris scared me more than Collaros…but all being said…still a little nervous…

Pretty nervous…

I was pretty confident at the beginning of the week, but it seems that outside our Ticat bubble, there’s a lot more Bomber support than I expected. More people seem to be rooting for them. I feel like whether we’re the underdog or the top dog, we’re always over looked. That’s the whole “us against the world” mentality I guess.

On paper, I see at least a 2 possession win (9+ points) in our favour. I’d say 32-21, or something similar. We haven’t scored under 30pts since our Calgary loss in mid-September (not including the nothing game against TO at the end of the year without most of our starters). Winnipeg might be a little better than last time we played them, with Collaros over Strevler, but Collaros still doesn’t scare me in the slightest. I don’t think his presence suddenly makes them an offensive powerhouse, especially not against our D. Harris has been playing progressively less impressive as the season has gone on (hmmmm…), and I don’t think any of their receivers would even start on our team.

Their D is pretty good, I’ll give them that. But our offense sometimes seems unstoppable. As far as that match up goes, my only worry is if Evans makes rookie mistakes under the pressure. However, our Oline is good too, and if they try to send the house to get Dane off his game, they probably won’t be able to cover Banks and Addison at the same time.

Medlock has looked mortal these past couple years. I don’t think he’s much better than Lirim honestly, and I think Williams is a better returner than whoever they put back there. So, I feel we have them beat on specials too.

That said …

Anything can happen. That’s football. One game to win it all, and sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. I feel like lady luck is never on our side. Then again, lady luck hasn’t always been kind to the Bombers either.

Almost like he’s running out of … what’s the word … juice?

Janarion Grant can be lethal. He had an impressive 14.4 yard average on punt returns and led the league with 3 TDs in only 11 games. The Cat’s Special Teams will need to keep an eye on him.

What were his yards like against us? Not great. His punt return average against us is … 3.30. Longest of 7.

Slightly better on kick returns. 18.5 average with a long of 22.

To be fair, he only played in one game against us so small sample size, but 2/3 of the TDs came in one game against Calgary. A deeper look at his stats don’t scare me. We were obviously very effective in shutting him down before.

EDIT: I was going to compare with Williams, but the Ticats website only has his player stats as a DB.

I really don’t want to be the only team not to have won in this century.

Sunday’s runner-up will also have the distinction of being the only team not to win in this decade.

Real bummer when you think of it that way, isn’t it? :slight_smile: At least we’ve been to the dance a couple of times, so not total wallflowers.

Since we are the only city to have won a national football title in every decade in the 20th century let’s hope we start this new eon (1,000 years!) off right!